Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Will you be attending Camaro5 Fest?
YES!!! 122 67.03%
I can't! 17 9.34%
Maybe. Will do my best 43 23.63%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #85
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post

Bay Area and Sacto... are we in agreement?
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
I think the final meeting spot should be near Palm Springs like Hugo said or the Cabazon area. But before we get there, I think each section should meet up before hand and then we all meet on the freeway on the way there.

What do you guys think? 5+ different meeting spots meeting on the 10 and making one last stop. EPIC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I agree. Each zone should meet at their designated place and times, and then we collectively meet at Morongo/Cabazon/Palm Springs.

Yes...truly EPIC!!!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #86
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I think that the group from San Diego would be back tracking because Palm Springs is two hour north. We will have to pick a point on I-8 to meet. We have plenty of time to map the route out. The fun of it is getting there.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #87
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Then we have to figure out how much fuel to have so we are close to E when we cross the border and can get some 93 :P
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #88
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Finally got my internet back up and sign me up for a taste of "epic"
Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #89
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbabwe View Post
Then we have to figure out how much fuel to have so we are close to E when we cross the border and can get some 93 :P
Sure! We can all stop at a Truck Stop on the Arizona side and put 93!!

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #90
13 ZL1

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thats what Im sayin, then we can have a Nor-Cal Convoy heading down the 5 killin all kinds of bugs

Id rather roll with all yalls then solo to the grapevine

Bugs will only be a problem for the lead car.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #91
Sketti

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrera View Post
My fellow Hispanics.... before that, we need to dye our hair blonde and get green contacts!

Other than that, I'm in!!!

--------------------
I would like to suggest a couple of things if I may.

I would like to suggest we create Area Leaders, e.g., Fresno area, Sacto area etc, to coordinate just the people in their area that would minimize the confusion usually associated with the management of a large group of people. Once we establish the Area Leaders they can setup their area's meet location and time, as well as be the point person when it comes to providing event information and group communications. The Area Leaders will then coordinate with Region Leaders (North, Center and South) to meet up with the other regions and so on until we all meet in one location. An Area Leader can also be a Region Leader. Area leaders will be responsible for the movement, communication (telephone numbers etc), and accountability of their group so we don't lose anyone. Additionally, we can establish an overall leader (I recommend tribone) who will be the point person for coordinating all Area/Region Leaders and the dissemination of event information.

As part of the logistics of this endeavor I suggest we establish documented convoy routes with designated rest points for restroom breaks, gas, and eating facilities so people who fall behind can catch up using the establish routes and meeting points. Also, we should identify medical facilities along the route just in case of a medical emergency. I believe we can get all this info for free from AAA.

Just something to think about.
Installed: Tinted Windows; EiBach Lowering Springs; Custom Exhaust; Lloyd Carpets; AirRaid CAI; Heritage Grill; Razzi GFX; Light Blackout Kit; MPD1 Dovetail Spolier; SS Badges from DefenderWorxs; T-Rex Bumper Grill; Bowtie & Tail Light Bezel Re-Coloring; Stealth Bulbs; Magg Wheels 22" (Nitto INVO tires Fronts: 255/35-22 - Rears: 285/30-22)
When money Available: Brake Calipers Painted; Clear Car Cover; Custom Pedals; Custom Dash Plaque from EmblemPros.com; Double Din GPS/Stero Unit

Last edited by Sketti; 09-25-2010 at 10:20 PM.
Sketti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #92
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketti View Post

--------------------
I would like to suggest a couple of things if I may.

I would like to suggest we create Area Leaders, e.g., Fresno area, Sacto area etc, to coordinate just the people in their area that would minimize the confusion usually associated with the management of a large group of people. Once we establish the Area Leaders they can setup their area's meet location and time, as well as be the point person when it comes to providing event information and group communications. The Area Leaders will then coordinate with Region Leaders (North, Center and South) to meet up with the other regions and so on until we all meet in one location. An Area Leader can also be a Region Leader. Area leaders will be responsible for the movement, communication (telephone numbers etc), and accountability of their group so we don't lose anyone. Additionally, we can establish an overall leader (I recommend tribone) who will be the point person for coordinating all Area/Region Leaders and the dissemination of event information.

As part of the logistics of this endeavor I suggest we establish documented convoy routes with designated rest points for restroom breaks, gas, and eating facilities so people who fall behind can catch up using the establish routes and meeting points. Also, we should identify medical facilities along the route just in case of a medical emergency. I believe we can get all this info for free from AAA.

Just something to think about.

This is truly a must. In Mass Casualty Incicdents, this is essentially the system that we use. Its Called Incident Command System. It works like a CHARM!

The Medical Points will be grea to know but I think Onstar will be able to help if anything happened. Any Paramedics and EMTs in the Convoy can check In. I'll be coming along so I'll bring Some BLS (Basic Life Support) stuff with me just in Case.

I also Suggest that the leaders Carry Radios ans Exchange Phone numbers?

In other words,
Great Idea!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #93
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
ICS.... I must be at work!!

Great system and it works.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #94
CaliEMT
Decepticons. . . MOBILIZE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 View Post
ICS.... I must be at work!!

Great system and it works.
Lol You in EMS?
Old 09-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #95
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
im down

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 12:21 AM   #96
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Ill have two way radios with me. I usually like to stay in the back so I can keep an eye on everyone and make sure no one gets behind. If someone in front of me gets lost, I usually pass and take the lead. I can volunteer to be a leader in the central group. But bako is the last stop in central and were a small group. On the large convoy I can bring the rear. I know my way to the track.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #97
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Whoops... you can delete my yes vote... I got lost for a minute..

Even though I do have the correct Avitar to be posting in here...
Old 09-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #98
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Some excellent ideas people! We should exchange Cell numbers etc...

I like the idea of area leaders also...

What great minds - besides cars - on this forum!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote