Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I hope you get your Camaro soon. You definately picked out a great color/trim combo.
I hear German winters can be harsh. Better order a set of all season tires unless you
don't plan to drive your SS in the snow.
Enjoy !
Old 07-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Michael R., CONGRATS on the new ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
congratulations! welcome to the permagrin club.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #18
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
For the cars that you own and drove in Germany , i have to think that you are in the old East Germany part of the country , either way welcome to the nuts nest in the www
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Welcome and Congrats!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #20
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
congrats! You will look like a rockstar since so few Camaros are there in Europe!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Wilkommen!
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #22
Michael R.

Drives: Camaro EU (2SS/RS)&Skoda Octavia RS
Thank you for your comments and welcome

Let me add some comments:

Yes, the Camaro is kind of rockstar in Germany...I've only seen four so far on the streets but I think there must be around 300-500 Camaros on the roads of Germany in total. And it always looks like something Batman or Robocop would drive compared to all the other cars

German winters are no comparison to what I have experienced in Iowa and Minnesota but still I will get winter tires as I plan on driving it the whole year. They are required in Germany as soon as the weather turns the roads to icy & snowy conditions.

And no, I'm from and still living in the former western part of Germany near Frankfurt a.M. ... the cars I've listed are totally normal in the former Imperealistic western part as well

Skoda was a brand from the former Czecheslovakia but is owned by the Volkswagen group now and offers the same technique as Audi or Volkswagen but for more affordable prices and I like the design

Recently Skoda was one of the most succesful brands in both western and eastern states of Germany.

Cheers

Michael
Michael R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #23
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
Congrats Michael. Would be great to see pics of you beauty! Also, excuse me if this a dumb question, but what are the speed limits on your roads?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
Michael R.

Drives: Camaro EU (2SS/RS)&Skoda Octavia RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
Congrats Michael. Would be great to see pics of you beauty! Also, excuse me if this a dumb question, but what are the speed limits on your roads?
Yes, will post some pictures when (if) I get it ...some details look different on the EU model.

Also not a dumb question at all about the speed limit for cars and bikes:

- city: 30-50 km/h (=19 mph - 31 mph)
- highways / rural roads: 70 - 100 km/h (= 44 mph - 62 mph)
- Autobahn: none

...but being involved in an accident driving over the recommended speed of 130 km/h (= 81 mph) might result in joint guilt if they can prove that the accident could have been avoided in case you were driving slower than 130 km/h.

Also some parts of the Autobahn have speed limits of 100 -130 km/h. I believe currently 50-70 % of c. 12.000 km (7.500 miles) have no or temporarily no speed limit.

Some special highways also do not have a speed limit.

But due to the high gas prices (one gallon is c. 7.5 US $ at the moment) most people will drive around speeds of 110-140 km/h.

Cheers

Michael
Michael R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #25
1CamaroSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange
First of all Welcome! Sounds you like your ordered an awesome car!

When i was pretty young, my Grandmother-RIP, took me to Norway and Denmark and gave me an experience for which I will never forget, even though I was only 10yrs old at the time. This was also the first time I fell in Love with a car. I was in a small town in Norway and I was watching a gas station, an 18 wheel pulled up and a brand new '79 Trans Am was pulled off and delivered to the owner of the gas station. I remember running over there and drooling. I talked to the proud owner and remember him saying how long he had been waiting for his car and how very expensive it was to purchase and bring over there. He was the talk of the town for the several months I stayed there. I have been a huge fan of Camaro's and T/A's ever since.

Thank you for the flashback....I still have an old poloroid picture somewhere of this guys car, If I can find it I'll post it.

1CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Welcome and congrats!
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote