Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-02-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
sp00ls

Drives: 2014 V6 1LT
LFX lifter knock or normal sound?

Hey guys. I have a 2014 1LT with 34k+change miles on it. Oil always changed on time with Mobil1 full synthetic yada yada, I'll get to the point.

I've always read on here that the LFX fuel injectors are very noisy so I pushed the thought that my engine has any issues out of my mind. But today my father walked by my car and goes 'sounds like you got lifter knock' and it made me a little paranoid as he has always been the one to help me with car related issues.

Only performance mods are CAI and throttle controller. CAI has been on for a while and I just installed the TC about a week ago.

I took a short video of the noise with the hood both open and closed. The video starts on the right side of under the hood where there is a distinct clicking and then I move to the left side where a very different clicking noise is heard. Both sounds worry me.

Can anyone either ease my mind or give me an idea of what might be wrong? This engine does seem to be very...clicky.

Here is the video I just took: http://sendvid.com/pjyyix86
sp00ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Welcome to direct injection engine ownership.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
sp00ls

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Welcome to direct injection engine ownership.
That's OK, you can laugh at me for the stupid questions. I drove a '99 Saturn SL1 for 7 years, this is the first car I have bought with my own money. It is my baby as far as that goes. I do my own general maintenance but beyond that I am still learning as we all are.

Basically, you're saying no worries?
Old 09-03-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Wonder what your dad would say when walking by a diesel: Hey sounds like you got Piston knock... lol
Old 09-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #5
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ls View Post
That's OK, you can laugh at me for the stupid questions. I drove a '99 Saturn SL1 for 7 years, this is the first car I have bought with my own money. It is my baby as far as that goes. I do my own general maintenance but beyond that I am still learning as we all are.

Basically, you're saying no worries?
I'm not laughing at you at all. I've had plenty of people notice the sounds they make and come in to have us look at it to make sure.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Your motor is fine. The injectors are loud by nature. Carry on.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #7
sp00ls

Thanks for the help everyone, puts my mind at ease! Love this community.