Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #57
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Yes write it up I would like to know how to make on star into gone star.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:18 AM   #58
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfgjhxdj View Post
I hate to say it but I bet OnStar is doing the same damn thing in GM cars, they're just not dumb enough to say it to the press.
Ha ha
Old 01-06-2015, 02:00 AM   #59
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
God Bless Spying. I have no problems because I have nothing to hide. I believe the Founding Fathers would understand and approve "SPYING" in times like this! Everyone has an opinion.
God_Bless_Spying?

Dude listen to yourself!!! LOL!

Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 AM   #60
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
The government never ever lies to you trust everything they tell you, they love you. A good citizen should serve and obey the government.
This

And no, this is not a tin foil hat post.

Anyone who can truly critically analyze our society would understand that this is unfortunately the world we live in.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:13 AM   #61
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
If they spy on me..... that means they are pretty damn bored at their job! lmao!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #62
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I believe that we are living in the final years of real personal freedom. On Star will look like a minor detail compared to what's coming in the next fifty years. Driverless cars, taxed by mile, speed limited, facial recognition.... watched, taxed, controlled... from cradle to grave. And the problem won't be that all of these things work... the real terror will be when someone decides you are a threat, and suddenly nothing works... for you! .... All in the name of safety. Makes me happy I am in my fifties...
Old 01-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #63
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchenCamaro View Post
Just an FYI even if you are not paying for OnStar it will still records your driving locations. These units can even tell how many people are in your car.
How exactly could Onstar detect how many people are in the car? I have wondered exactly what Onstar does and does not "know" if you don't pay for the service. If it knows half as much here as some here are implying that would seem like a big liability for GM. Let's say someone is in a serious accident, but doesn't pay for Onstar. If Onstar detects this and doesn't send help and the person dies wouldn't that be grounds for a lawsuit?
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #64
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Sometimes I say "Hi" to the Onstar people I know are probably just listening in:

"HELLO Onstar people! I haven't got on any PANTS!" and then I sing along with the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
God Bless Spying. I have no problems because I have nothing to hide. I believe the Founding Fathers would understand and approve "SPYING" in times like this! Everyone has an opinion.
Oh yeah? Then prove it!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #65
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Bingo! This is why I cancelled OnStar and the insurance "drive safe" thing. OnStar knows exactly how you drive at any time, and reports to your insurance company if you are on the program. DON'T DO IT!
Not sure why anyone with a performance car would sign up for that...but, I bet that if you made 20 passes at the drag strip on Friday, and then bought the car in to the dealer on Monday for a rod knock, Onstar would be reporting that.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #66
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
How exactly could Onstar detect how many people are in the car? I have wondered exactly what Onstar does and does not "know" if you don't pay for the service. If it knows half as much here as some here are implying that would seem like a big liability for GM. Let's say someone is in a serious accident, but doesn't pay for Onstar. If Onstar detects this and doesn't send help and the person dies wouldn't that be grounds for a lawsuit?
I know in my Mustang that I use to have. There were sensors in the back seat for the seat belt alarm. I think they could tell how many occupants just from that. My dog use to set of the back seat alarm on mine all the time. Took me forever to figure out how to turn them off.

Let em spy though. I really don't have anything to hide and if they want to know how fast I can get home from work. It's okay with me.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #67
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
I really don't care. I could get in serious trouble for "playing" in what I consider safe situations, but as many have mentioned, I probably do not need to be doing that anyway. I do not see a time that they ever start to use the OBD2 info to give out citations, but I am cool with them using it as a black box to determine things after an event.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black box, ford, pfadt, spying