Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #169
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
The happy ending to my two Camaro story

Well I wanted to close this thread with a happy ending and some pictures to prove to everyone that all turned out OK in the end. I have to say that even though things took time, my faith in GM never waivered and they did the right thing in the end.

I took delivery of my 2SS/RS last week and have been able to drive it almost 200 KM's albeint in winter conditions, the recent heavy snow storms have grounded my ride on most days to be sure! I will say that I took it out in a snow storm last night for a 3 hour trip and my SS comported itself with applomb I must say! It was snowing heavily, greased up roads from slush and snow accumulation and it was quite windy. The traction control came on a couple of times and the ABS certainly was functional and effective! I am glad I have Pirelli Scorpion winter tires as they are pretty awesome no matter the extreme width! The seat warmers are also, rather appreciated in these conditions! ;')

I have to thank once again General Motors, Scott Settlemire and this fine BLOG for being part of the process I went through. Without Scott, I would have been relegated to the front lines of customer support, instead I had a guardian F-Body angel on my shoulder wispering in the ear of GM! I also really beleive that the strength in numbers that this community afforded me had some influence on General Motors. I really think that they know well enough that the passionate afficionados of the Camaro are a tight bunch that really talks, and word gets around good and bad. It's well known that negative consumer experiences yield a very high number of negative stories that are propagated to others and that successful stories are not spread as wide. In layman terms, a bad experience is spoken about 10 times more than a positive one. Well, I had to speak out about this positive end!

I wrote a thank you letter to GM and sent it right to the president of GM Canada, Mr. Kevin Williams. I have to tell you that HE WROTE BACK! In no less than 2 hours! He was very sincere and appreciative that I took the time to write him about my satisfaction, that all worked out in the end and that " GM had done good by me " He told me that the Camaro was his FAVORITE vehicle and loved my choice in a White SS. He pledged that the "new" GM is all about listening to it's customers and going above and beyond for each one of us to raise customer satisfaction to a higher level... well, I believe him!

Here is the proof of MY satisfaction! See my pictures below. Included are a couple of shots of my 2LT and my 2SS saying hello to each other as we parted ways...

Thank you GM, thank you all for the support and thank goodness that the Camaro lives on! This is now my 3rd Camaro and I fully intend on buying another one in the future as it's truly my automotive "comarade" for life! ;')

eB
Attached Images

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #170
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Good to hear things worked out for you Eric. I'm going to make similar post and write a letter too, that was a good idea. I think we both came out on top, your new car and my working car with two full payments.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #171
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
CONGRATS ON THE 2011 SHE LOOKS MIGHTY FINE!!!!!
Now one quick question, whats the writing on the headlight?
Anyways congrats again, im soo glad it worked out for you
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #172
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Unfortunately many Cadillac dealers would throw a new engine in that car, I don't know why gm thinks a camaro owner is any less astute. I personally have a caddy and a camaro, and if that happened to me, they would be in court, but that's the lawyer talking in me.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #173
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Antitheft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
CONGRATS ON THE 2011 SHE LOOKS MIGHTY FINE!!!!!
Now one quick question, whats the writing on the headlight?
Anyways congrats again, im soo glad it worked out for you
The writing is a anti-thefth code that is engraved all around the car so even if the car is taken in pieces it can be traced. The company here is Sherlock....

http://www.sherlock.ca/en/index.html
montreal2010yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #174
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Way to go Eric...Looks even better then before..Hope to see it soon...CONGRATS.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blown engine, v6 vs v8 trade in