Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 AM   #43
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver View Post
Yeah, Rick...it sucks royally. What can I say? My mill had a defect from the get go and it too 10,000 KMS to materialize. The dealer (Royal Chevy in Lasalle) has been great considering, it's just GM's policies that suck right now. I was expecting that with such a traumatic failure that they would give me another crate engine, but they are cheaping out. I am so discouraged right now, driving around our Toyota Echo I feel like such a loser! I know it's pretty petty, but if any one of you wants to lend me thier Camaro and try feeling like a man in that little sh*tbucket I would be pretty pleased to baby your car.

More later,

eB
Sorry to hear about your problem, any reason why the dealer did not give you a loaner car while yours is being repaired?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 AM   #44
FLYBOY

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS A6
Just wait for the warranty work to be completed and then trade it off. 20,000 IMO is not a good trade-in price, granted the motor was in pieces but it's under warranty...However if you still owe the bank more than what the dealer is giving you for your trade then you are just loading up more debt on the SS. Not a good idea at all, you'll never build any equity in your SS that way. But in the end, if you plan on keeping the SS forever and are comfortable with the new payments then I say go for it...
FLYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #45
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Sorry to hear about your problem, any reason why the dealer did not give you a loaner car while yours is being repaired?
I didn't really need it as I have two other cars. Driver A Honda Fit or Toyota Echo is not the same as a 2010 Camaro...

eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #46
Bogie

Drives: SKY Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
I don't have a tick coming from my car.
It's the high pressure fuel pump for the DI. The volume varies. Hearing it depends on each person's hearing response, to include adaptive filtering. It can be drowned out by other noises.

The sound can also change as the pump ages.
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #47
chazysoccer11

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
J'espere que tout va bien avec ta voiture.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #48
Camarodriver

Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazysoccer11 View Post
J'espere que tout va bien avec ta voiture.
Merci, chazy! T
Je vous tiens tout au courant...
eB

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 08-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #49
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
It's the high pressure fuel pump for the DI. The volume varies. Hearing it depends on each person's hearing response, to include adaptive filtering. It can be drowned out by other noises.

The sound can also change as the pump ages.
I probably should have rephrased what I said. I have a tick, but yes as you said it's the fuel injector. It's not abnormal though (which is what I meant)... was when I first heard it but it was quickly ruled out.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #50
Camarodriver

At first, when I heard some additional ticking, I thought it was the DI system, them it got a little louder and I thoughtbit was valve lass then when it got a little louder, it went right in....not DI, bad bearing.....

eB

Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 08-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #51
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
I am 6'3" and have a 2SSRS with sunroof and I have no problem at all with head room, Ya, I can touch my head to the roof if I try to but its not a problem, especially without a ball cap on. Lower your seat as low as it can go and lay it back where it should be and you will have plenty of head room!!!

Lots of money for an LT. There is a used, black 2SSRS on a local lot that they are asking right at $34K for and its loaded with less then 1000 miles on it. Seems very high priced for an LT???
Dude, it's not your height that matters but your torso length.

I am 6'-0" and my head rubs with the seat all the way down. Don't you think he thought of that?

He's in Canada so Camaro's are overpriced.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #52
Camarodriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Dude, it's not your height that matters but your torso length.

I am 6'-0" and my head rubs with the seat all the way down. Don't you think he thought of that?

He's in Canada so Camaro's are overpriced.
Tradosaurus, I also have a tall upper body and rub on the sunroof equipped cars. I would have ordered the sunroof in an instant if it would have been less of an issue for me. I really don't mind the blind spots at all, I really like the gun-slit windows and raked back windshield. The dramatic look is so unique and I am totally used to it. It's very similar to my old second gen Camaro, so I feel right at home!

I wish there was some way to gain a little more headroom, but myh seat is at the lowest setting.

eB

Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 PM   #53
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I'm a bit confused as to how the sun roofed Camaro's which ( the sunroof ) itself is higher up (Glass and sliding blind is closer to the sheet metal in the roof) takes head room away. At 6 ' 6" and surely a torso longer than anyone 4"-6 shorter", I've got at least 3" clearance from the crown of my skull to the headliner in a sunroof optioned Gen5.

Oh! ..............and Camarodriver Good luck with the engine work................
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:06 PM   #54
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I'm a bit confused as to how the sun roofed Camaro's which ( the sunroof ) itself is higher up (Glass and sliding blind is closer to the sheet metal in the roof) takes head room away. At 6 ' 6" and surely a torso longer than anyone 4"-6 shorter", I've got at least 3" clearance from the crown of my skull to the headliner in a sunroof optioned Gen5.

Oh! ..............and Camarodriver Good luck with the engine work................
You must have your seat reclined all the way back because I'm 6" shorter than you and my head rubs.
tradosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #55
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Maybe lean the seat back a bit? I'm 6'3" and have the sunroof, with no problems fitting at all.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #56
Camarodriver

well, I am 6' 2" and have what some have called a longer upper body and my head is within 1 inch of rubbing a sunroof car and just under 2 inches without the roof, thus I ordered a non-sunroof car. The blistered "reverse mohawk" roofline in the non-sunroof cars allows for more clearance. If you look at the sun-roof cars, you see that the mechanism does intrude into the cabin, even though the glass lifts out of the body when fully open. Keep in mind that there is a moon-roof sliding door panel in the roof that has to go somewhere.

*SIGH* I miss my Camaro, driving these rice burners is starting to wear on me....

eB

Used 75 Camaro = $3500

Tags
blown engine, v6 vs v8 trade in