Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator4SS View Post
Also, if there is anyone who has purchased one of the HPE packages, would love to hear your comments too.
I have a Hennessey package on its way for install when the car gets here. Will let you know. James and John have been completely helpful, so add one under the column for good experience. LPE looks like it has just a good a rep, but they were not able to deliver the product when I wanted it and Hennessey was.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #16
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
solo, your car is gonna be sweet.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #17
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I don't think you can go wrong with either company. It seems to me that Hennessey has been an active member of this forum and is doing some good stuff early on. Lingenfelter pretty much speaks for themselves and are a great company with a great reputation.

Crowley
Old 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I don't think you can go wrong with either company. It seems to me that Hennessey has been an active member of this forum and is doing some good stuff early on. Lingenfelter pretty much speaks for themselves and are a great company with a great reputation.

Crowley
I like that Hennessey has spent a lot of time here offering information; I can see they want sales too, however, they've been really active here, which is important to me, FWIW. Every GM fan has heard of Lingenfelter and they have a great rep', but it'd be nice to get a voice from over there, admittedly.

I think it comes down to service and numbers. We'll be likely getting results from cars from both companies and I can't wait for numbers. I too am more interested in spending money on performance, but looks matter too

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #19
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Off topic question that has been bugging me.

You guys that are dumping 10k on a SC..... I assume you paid cash for your car right? I'm a "pay it off" before modding guy. Don't see the point in dumping 10k on a car ifyou still owe 30k+interest.

Sorry for the off topic.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:22 PM   #20
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post

You guys that are dumping 10k on a SC..... I assume you paid cash for your car right? I'm a "pay it off" before modding guy. Don't see the point in dumping 10k on a car ifyou still owe 30k+interest.

Sorry for the off topic.
Not 10K, I paid $6500 is all. I also paid the vehicle off but only because the interest rate was almost 9%. ANything under 5% and I can get a better rate investing the money and financing the car.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I prefer to spend the money while I'm still paying a monthly payment, lol. I uust can't afford nor do I have the patience to wait.

I never said I was smart...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
LPE participates on this forum..just shoot them a PM and they will get right back to you. Hennessey is hard charging forward...at the end of the day you have to make a decision that you are most comfortable with.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #23
Hennessey Performance

Drives: THE EXORCIST
As Ive said, LPE does great work. I've known Graham and Jason for a long time as well as JL back in the day. So I have seen their stuff first hand and its always impressed me.

With that being said, I will let our work speak for itself as well:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34613
Hennessey Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #24
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
First time I saw these drawings ... Nice!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...ody-components

Hennessey car is looking good too...Time will tell, the initial builds from both are looking good.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #25
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:

You guys that are dumping 10k on a SC..... I assume you paid cash for your car right? I'm a "pay it off" before modding guy. Don't see the point in dumping 10k on a car if you still owe 30k+interest.

Sorry for the off topic.
I walked into 3 dealers on the 3rd of July and offered all 3 to write a check for MSRP. All started at $8000.00 over. By the time I walked away, they were all down to 1500 over. Told em all I would pay MSRP but not a penny over. One of em called me on the 4th and said they would take MSRP. Got a ride up there and wrote em a check. Week later, sent 50% of the package cost to LPE. Pay the rest at pickup. Don't believe in loans. That's what has our country in trouble right now. Too many ding dongs over financed.
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
I walked into 3 dealers on the 3rd of July and offered all 3 to write a check for MSRP. All started at $8000.00 over. By the time I walked away, they were all down to 1500 over. Told em all I would pay MSRP but not a penny over. One of em called me on the 4th and said they would take MSRP. Got a ride up there and wrote em a check. Week later, sent 50% of the package cost to LPE. Pay the rest at pickup. Don't believe in loans. That's what has our country in trouble right now. Too many ding dongs over financed.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #27
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:

Sorry for the off topic.
I took the 10K plus that my local dealer was going to charge me over MSRP and put it into a S/C package instead. I found a dealer that was doing MSRP and I will have the car I really want from LPE!! I am financing 20K for 3.99%. I have the cash to pay it off but like to have a little extra in savings too.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #28
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
LPE participates on this forum..just shoot them a PM and they will get right back to you. Hennessey is hard charging forward...at the end of the day you have to make a decision that you are most comfortable with.
I like the fact that Hennessey actively participates in this forum... Out of curiosity, what is the handle of the LPE Rep?