Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2014, 05:34 AM   #43
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Parking far away is one thing. Straddling two spaces is another.

It's not nice!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #44
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I take the first spot I see. The only thing I try not to park next to is the buggy return area.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #45
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
The only parking spot that is a safe spot is a garage where YOU are the only one with the key.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #46
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I tried parking on the end and here you go!
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #47
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
parking far far away

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawman007 View Post
Got to, man!!! I've learned that you can't park next to the 'knuckle dragging, gap toothed, inbred, hick, hayseed, Beverly hillbillies' Jethro-mobile and expect to keep your car nice. No offense to the 'knuckle dragging, gap toothed, inbred, hick, hayseed, Beverly hillbillies' Jethro-mobile. Here's the thing, some people have no self-respect, they don't care about their shit, why should they care about your shit? It's not their fault they just were not raised right. It's the parents fault, there is such a thing as 'BAD PARENTING'. My opinion, just saying...
so true man !!!! I tell my wife the same thing. She gets so mad when I park far away in the lot, then we have to walk to the restaurant, or target/Walmart. Lol !!! But you hit it right on the nail. It's a damn shame that this world is filled with more disrespectful , non caring people then there is caring respectful people. But I guess I some would say "that's life".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ActNup NY; 06-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.
ActNup NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #48
acj2k5

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
So I parked way in the back today at Target with a million spots open towards the front and this happens...

I can't begin to explain how often this happens to me! It's extremely frustrating when you go out of the way to park in the back and the biggest pile of crap will be parked beside you when you get back and you've only been in the store for like 5 minutes.
I just got my car back from the shop to remove several scuffs, scratches, and a ding from my Camaro because of people like this...
I feel your pain!
acj2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #49
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmokingSuns View Post
So I parked way in the back today at Target with a million spots open towards the front and this happens...

I go to physical therapy 3 times a week and that happens at least once if not twice a week when I go. The funny thing is that it always seems to be a Ford truck but a different one most of the time. There is a blue one that parked next to me like that 2 or 3 times. He walked out before me one day and my kids were with me. I started bitching about it but did not know it was his. As he got in his truck I used my remote start and started the car because I was still a little ways back. Since then he always leaves a spot between us when he parks there. My situation is a little different though. Not only do I do it because I don't want the dings but I have to open the door all of the way to get in and out because of my knee surgery. I didn't try to get a handicap tag because there are people who need those spots more than I do.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM   #50
ametallichick
Met4Life \m/\m/

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
"I'd make it worth your while. Take you to an ATM. Everybody just walks away. There's about 14 grand in it.
Good payday.
I think so.
Chigurh looked out the window, the shotgun across his knee. Getting hurt changed me, he said. Changed my perspective. I've moved on, in a way. Some things have fallen into place that were not there before. I thought they were, but the werent. The best way I can put it is that I've sort of caught up with myself. That's not a bad thing. It was overdue.
It's still a good payday.
It is. It's just in the wrong currency
."
Love your siggy. Great movie!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #51
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
I'm with all of you, but let me tell you about the worst jacka$$ I have ever met. I was at my local WalMart and, as usual, parked about 6 spaces beyond the last car in line. There were no other vehicles around me for for that distance. When I came out there was some jerk that was parked right up less than a foot from my drivers door. If I had been any larger, I would not have been able to get in. And the most irritating thing is that the jerk was still sitting in the drivers seat on the phone with his radio blaring. Obviously, he knew what he was doing and was there just to irritate me. Plus, he looked like the type of person I would not want to go up to and ask if he would kindly move. It takes all kinds! I suppose if I had been at the last spot in the lot he still would have been there right beside me.
trcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #52
Elementkng20
HTCC: canthonyIOM27

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/V6/A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
You gotta find these spots.

I bet you went to ULTA didn't you? Lol
MRT V2 w/ 4" Magnaflow tips
Visual
Blacked out emblems, rear & bezels
Plasti dipped SS wheels
Tint 30% front; 5% rear
Matte black hood spears/side gills
Color matched interior accents
Elementkng20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #53
Elementkng20
HTCC: canthonyIOM27

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/V6/A6
About two weeks ago I took the wife to see a movie. I park at the very back of the parking lot to avoid all the wreckless teens driving nowadays. I normally get peeved when I see a bunch of cars next to me when there are ton of other spots, especially older cars, but this time I was happy to see this in the spots around me. A Stingray, my camaro, a Porsche and Cadillac ATS. I wasn't angry about those cars next to me.
MRT V2 w/ 4" Magnaflow tips
Visual
Blacked out emblems, rear & bezels
Plasti dipped SS wheels
Tint 30% front; 5% rear
Matte black hood spears/side gills
Color matched interior accents
Elementkng20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #54
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
And on the other hand I've seen high end cars like a brand new Ferrari pull up to a bank and park right in front of the door right next to everyone in very small spots, lol. But yea, I got so used to parking away from everyone I even do it in beaters, lol.
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:35 AM   #55
Nemo13

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I always park at the very end, the last spaces. The huge people that spill out of their car with the door flying open never venture that far. Haven't had any problems so far. Curious, but around where I live you see Mercedes and BMW's and such park right up and close in the regular spots and I never see any dings. Must be the boring paint jobs? Weird people with issues are drawn to bright clean cars it seems. The cleaner your car, the more it pisses them off.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:58 AM   #56
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I don't understand why you wouldn't get the handicapped placard. Here in Illinois it costs a doctor signature and a postage stamp. You can use it when you need to.

And the therapy I use has a load of handicapped places. With a constant turnover.

Sure, walking is your best therapy, but when you need to open the door all the way handicapped spaces are your only choice.
Where I go there is only 4 spaces in the lot I was told to park in. Call it what you will but like I said, I feel that there are people that need those spots more than me. That's just me. I tend to try and put everyone else's needs before mine. To get the tag where I am, you have to take your paperwork and stand in the long ass line at the dmv to get it.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote