Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Do you plan to get this recall if you had a choice?
Yes 245 15.30%
No 1,356 84.70%
Voters: 1601. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #1499
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Someone on here earlier said his dealer told him they would deny warranty coverage. But that is just rumor. Like I said I trust what Beckey tells us...
Unfortunately this country has turned sue happy....
We used to have a sign around here for that :your dealer is an idiot:

They can't deny you warranty work unless the recall affected it in some way. In this case a key would affect basically squat.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #1500
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We used to have a sign around here for that :your dealer is an idiot:

They can't deny you warranty work unless the recall affected it in some way. In this case a key would affect basically squat.
Basically my question to Becky was for someone that has always been reliable to answer a question that I had seen asked in numerous threads about the recall.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #1501
Baggerjack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Yep.... it makes no sense... you will have to go really out of your way to even come close to flip the key like that... but if you go by that logic you will have to replace or re-engineer whole lot more in the car then to separate they key from the fob therefor this = BS
Sorry if this has already been posted! http://jalopnik.com/this-is-how-hard...n-i-1590538077
Crystal Red Tintcoat, NPP, Recaro Seats, Sunroof and SLP Skip Shift, ZL1 rockers, TSP Stage 4 "F35" cam, PRC 260cc heads, GPI radically ported LS3 Intake, K&N CAI and JDP Motorsports Stage 2 Clutch Reservoir Kit, TSP Longtubes, off road connectors and high flow cats, aFe POWER Solid Subframe mounts, Brembo 6 piston calipers and two piece rotors
Baggerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #1502
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Basically my question to Becky was for someone that has always been reliable to answer a question that I had seen asked in numerous threads about the recall.
I've talked to a few different dealers and this is the 3rd time I'll post this now. Chevrolet is not making anyone do this recall. There is no such thing as mandatory recalls, it's customer choice. When you go in you acknowledge you know about the recall and deny the service work EVERY time you go to the dealer. All Chevrolet does is file that so that on the off chance you turn your car off by hitting your key and you can't come back and sue them for this exact situation! They can't deny your warranty coverage for a key recall. Just think of how plausible that is for a second. Say something crazy happens like a cracked block, you think Chevy could EVER deny that because you didn't turn in your original key? Lol it's just common sense. Besides, they would get murdered trying to win that case.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #1503
Baggerjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft View Post
This is the only thing I want hanging off my fob...

This is the same thing on my fob!
Crystal Red Tintcoat, NPP, Recaro Seats, Sunroof and SLP Skip Shift, ZL1 rockers, TSP Stage 4 "F35" cam, PRC 260cc heads, GPI radically ported LS3 Intake, K&N CAI and JDP Motorsports Stage 2 Clutch Reservoir Kit, TSP Longtubes, off road connectors and high flow cats, aFe POWER Solid Subframe mounts, Brembo 6 piston calipers and two piece rotors
Old 06-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #1504
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I've talked to a few different dealers and this is the 3rd time I'll post this now. Chevrolet is not making anyone do this recall. There is no such thing as mandatory recalls, it's customer choice. When you go in you acknowledge you know about the recall and deny the service work EVERY time you go to the dealer. All Chevrolet does is file that so that on the off chance you turn your car off by hitting your key and you can't come back and sue them for this exact situation! They can't deny your warranty coverage for a key recall. Just think of how plausible that is for a second. Say something crazy happens like a cracked block, you think Chevy could EVER deny that because you didn't turn in your original key? Lol it's just common sense. Besides, they would get murdered trying to win that case.
Thanks, there are too many threads with too many different posts to see them all. I guarentee though someone else will still ask the question again...
Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #1505
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
As long as it's not mandatory.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #1506
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Living in the Great White North, I have not seen a recall letter from GM yet. But I suppose it'll be inevitable. I have one question: Will the dealer re-program your car for the new keys?? My plan is to say that I lost my key or keys and just get the new separate keys. Would that work??
Recall letters have not been sent out yet, and yes they will need to reprogram for the transponder in the new key.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #1507
CamaroKid300
ace5.org

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Someone on here earlier said his dealer told him they would deny warranty coverage. But that is just rumor. Like I said I trust what Beckey tells us...
Unfortunately this country has turned sue happy....
Good thing I have no warranty so that doesn't matter.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #1508
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
The key to my company car is almost identical to my camaro key but I dont see kia recalling any keys
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #1509
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Here's a shot of the Camaro I'll be taking delivery of whenever I can.

RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #1510
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Here's a shot of the Camaro I'll be taking delivery of whenever I can.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #1511
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
That's beautiful Robert. I remember when you were just thinking about it. Nice!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #1512
Baggerjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro500 View Post
Killed by key... Please! Just like everything else... a few unlikely cases and the whole world goes nuts. This is just like gun laws. You have a few freaks who kill people and then the rest of the country has to give up their arms. Ridiculous.
Amen to that! We have too many gun laws which aren't enforced now! When a failed background check is done, it should be investigated. Ok, enough said!

Tags
2014, camaro, new camaro, question, recall