Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba264 View Post
I was impressed with just my all seasons last year. Now I bought the car at the end of December so I had like 100% of the tread on the tires and I made it up my hill home with a few inches of snow.

Definitely wouldn't drive it with all seasons regularly though, I have a set of winters in the garage. I've seen a lot of post with people saying they drove all winter so I'm not worried. If you KNOW how to drive in the snow I think it'll be fine. I lived in Pgh, State College, and Johnstown Pa...I've got experience. If you're careful it won't be a problem.
This is good to hear. My dad might be getting a 45th Anniversary, and we are looking at finding someone's LS take offs.

I couldn't find them in 2009 when I got my Camaro, so the cheapest option was to put the 20" tires on the factory rims, then have them re-mounted with summer tires in the spring. Fortunately for me, and actually the rest of the Camaro community. The 20" rims are the most common and from what I can tell, the easiest to find. Sema was coming up, so I had a set of an SS 20" take offs from Hennessey that I found on Ebay. I just got the TPMS and the original tires mounted and balanced.

Now I have a camaro that looks stock all year round.

By the way, the 20" Pirelli Scorpion Ice and snow feel a lot like the Pzero's. You can corner somewhat hard in them, but not like the summer only. I also couldn't believe it but they are rated up to 240kmh (150mph). I've never heard of a winter tire having that much speed, but I was thinking it might be fun to open it up on a frozen lake.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
I don't see it in my order guide but I'm sure if it can be ordered in the states we can make it work here as well just may take a few callls
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #17
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
I don't see it in my order guide but I'm sure if it can be ordered in the states we can make it work here as well just may take a few callls
That's good to know meltdown, thanks for the info.
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #18
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
I put on some 20 takeoffs from SLP and the sensors last season and used the Pirelli Ice and snows. Handled like a dream. Staggered pattern just like factory and everything. It's balanced to it so it handled the way it is supposed to. When there is accumulation on the ground I just start from 2nd gear. I'm in Aurora ontario and have had little to no issue...only prob is traction control when it's super thick on the ground, hence the 2nd gear start and it's golden. First time with a RWD car in the snow too.