Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Eric Skiff

Drives: 2013 2SS 1le NPP
Longest GM has bayed vehicle

With a bunch of us waiting for our cars to be released from limbo, I was wondering what the longest time GM has held a car in bayed status due to a QC hold.
Eric Skiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
2013zl1guy

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
built 4/12 and still bayed. 6 weeks as of tomorrow. I think I saw someone that ordered a 2012 zl1 mention they waited 10 weeks after being built.
2013zl1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
When the 5th gen was first built in 2009.. there were people waiting 3+ months. It was known as "Area 51"

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Ummm, GM is still running quality checks.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldag View Post
Ummm, GM is still running quality checks.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
While I understand everyone being upset, it's not they are doing it on purpose. If they simply shipped them and tried to fix them later or issue recalls, then people would be complaining how GM was shipping defective hardware. Assuming of course it isn't something that will kill you or someone else before it can be fixed.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #7
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
what they are doing on purpose is NOT communicating with anyone that has one still bayed. the fact that there is no order to how they are being released is a damn joke. how can someone that ordered a 1LE on 4/16 pick it up before someone that ordered on 3/18? makes no damn sense any way I look at it. without this forum i would have been a blind sheep during the process. i am really questioning if i want to have a relationship at all with GM at this point.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
Eric Skiff

Drives: 2013 2SS 1le NPP
I ordered mine on 3/9. I completely agree. Just tell us something. My dealer isn't helping matters either. It seems like the only person who cares at all is Becky. I just hope my current vehicle ('98 Oldsmobile 88 with 210,000 miles) lasts me until my 1le finally gets here.
Eric Skiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #9
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
what they are doing on purpose is NOT communicating with anyone that has one still bayed. the fact that there is no order to how they are being released is a damn joke. how can someone that ordered a 1LE on 4/16 pick it up before someone that ordered on 3/18? makes no damn sense any way I look at it. without this forum i would have been a blind sheep during the process. i am really questioning if i want to have a relationship at all with GM at this point.
Boggles my mind...
GM really dropped the ball for some of you guys.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #10
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
While I understand everyone being upset, it's not they are doing it on purpose. If they simply shipped them and tried to fix them later or issue recalls, then people would be complaining how GM was shipping defective hardware. Assuming of course it isn't something that will kill you or someone else before it can be fixed.
This has nothing to do with problems, recalls, etc. if it was i wouldn't have received mine. I was the one toxikk was talking about, ordered 4/16 received 5/23.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you all some information in regards to the current holds on the ZL1 & 1LE Camaro's. I do understand the frustration of many of you as you anticipate having your vehicle's in your possession. We do apologize for the delay and any inconvenience the delay may have caused. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

The Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are currently under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #12
KlugSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello everyone,

The Camaro ZL1 and 1LE are currently under a quality assessment review. The assessment involves looking at each ZL1 / 1LE unit still at Oshawa to ensure it meets our standards. After the assessment is completed, the units are sent off to the dealers.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
That would make sense if every zl1 or 1le was held.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
2013zl1guy

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Also make sense if they did it in order they were built... But they didn't.
2013zl1guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #14
Performance Enthusiast

Drives: Domestic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to give you all some information in regards to the current holds on the ZL1 & 1LE Camaro's. I do understand the frustration of many of you as you anticipate having your vehicle's in your possession. We do apologize for the delay and any inconvenience the delay may have caused. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

Please understand, quality assessment does not necessarily mean there is an issue with any one or all the cars. It is the plant's opportunity to ensure the cars are meeting and exceeding the set standards before the unit is shipped to the dealer and ultimately delivered to the customer.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Reggie - Why does it take 7-8 weeks to complete a quality assessment on a Camaro? The truth is it does not, and the only rational conclusion is that there IS something wrong with the cars and it needs to be corrected before the cars are shipped.

Why does GM customer service feel it is not necessary to be honest and upfront with its customers who are purchasing $40-60k cars and tell them the real reason these cars are being held at the plant for months?

There are ZL1/1LE's that were built 3 weeks ago that have been delivered to the dealers, but the same car built 7-8 weeks ago is still on hold at the plant. Does this mean the cars built 3 weeks ago did not receive the "special" quality assessment? Does this make any sense to anybody?

It is the misguided and uninformed responses like the one you posted above and other very similar responses from other GM customer service members on this matter that gives me low confidence in GM customer service overall and gives me concern about how any potential future issues may be resolved on my $60k purchase from GM.
Performance Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote