Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
BC + tints

I can't help but notice that I can't drive ANYWHERE... without seeing tons of cars with illegal tints up front rollin around...

I believe its supposed to be illegal to have tint on the windshield (except for the bra up top) and also illegal for any tint at all on driver & passenger side up front.

I see all kinds of cars out there with major tints up front anyways...
Any of you braving it with the Camaro locally?

Is it really something that is enforced in BC much?

What % tints are yall getting front/side/back wherever.

I will be tinting my rear 3.... I'd really like to tint up front as well... but not too eager to get hassled for it.... bad enough with the whole front plate thing..

Drilling bumper = no.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
I've never really been hassled by the law in Iowa since I was about 17. I got pulled over twice for it back then, within 5 minutes of each other.

I've had tint on all of my vehicles for the last 20 years and never gotten a ticket for it. Some tint was dark, some light but like your area, here you can't have more than 35% light blocked.. the stock window blocks 5% so even putting 35% tint on your car is going to be illegal.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Go here to check Canadian laws. Remember that the law changes based on province in Canada. Enforcement seems arbitrary.
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Mayhem

Yeah, I know the actual Law's out here.. But that site is missing the front bra which is legal here up to the marker on the windshield. Everything else for my area is up to date on that site but that wasn't really my question.

I was more or less getting at the fact that people here don't seem to care about those limitations & are going all out with the tints anyways... (A lot of people not just a few)

Was just wondering what tints people are doing regardless of what is "allowed" and if anyone local is actually gettin bothered.

In particular I'm more concerned about getting through road-blocks with tint, as it seems most people driving around out there are not pulled over for just tint.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
People in my town have them all the time on the side driver/passenger windows and it is illegal. The police either don't care or don't have time to deal with it. If they pull you over for something else they will ticket you for the tint but they won't pull you over just for the tint alone. If you do have tint and get stopped just roll down the windows I guess and hope they don't think that is weird in the middle of winter. My friend used to do that and it always worked he never got a ticket. I know a lot of people use the roll-on tint on side windows and can just peel it off right there in front of the cop so no ticket and then they just go buy another roll after that. If you are worried about getting stopped don't get it.
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I tinted all 5 and have been running around ABbY since June. Haav't been hassled yet. Eclipse did mine.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #7
Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I tinted all 5 and have been running around ABbY since June. Haav't been hassled yet. Eclipse did mine.
Been driving by many police or through any road blocks?

Kingsway is littered with police pulling people over, and so is my route home.

Have heard road blocks are likely to nail for small things like that... Pretty much every friday/saturday has blocks up around here coming off the highway.

Haven't hit one in the Camaro yet, (not that I have any tints done yet)

Hate not having the tints.. was hoping to get em done b4 winter but have been going back n forth over how much tint and which windows.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 AM   #8
Mayhem

still anxious about the front plate ordeal too
Old 10-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
you can tint rear glass only if you have 2 side view mirrors as well. even a strip on the windshield is illegal. depends on the cop, but BC feds sure like to use tint as a reason to yank you over. if your a beer or two after work sorta guy, dont tint. i did my camaros sides personally, and i am not in fear. i dont cruise at night, dont street race, and generally avoid times and places that seem to cause issues with cops and vandals.
but tint can sure look good. i went with metallized medium all the way around.
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote