Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery > Camaro Photoshops / Renderings Forum

Old 10-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #85
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Arrow Z28 possibilities (PICS)

I think this looks fregin mean as hell. That body kit is awesome! So to are the wheels. Damn these (photoshoped) pictures make me want to wait a couple years!

Name:  z28 1.jpg
Views: 8152
Size:  160.5 KB

Name:  z28 2.jpg
Views: 4920
Size:  79.0 KB

Name:  z28 3.jpg
Views: 2178
Size:  78.7 KB

Name:  z28 4.jpg
Views: 3611
Size:  95.8 KB

Name:  z28 5.jpg
Views: 2197
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  z28 6.jpg
Views: 38215
Size:  58.9 KB

Name:  z28 7.jpg
Views: 1951
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  z28 8.jpg
Views: 1982
Size:  61.9 KB
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #86
xsoutherngun89x

Drives: 1998 Mustang GT(not for long)
sex on wheels...

"well, second place aint that bad..."
"yea, if you like being the first one to loose sure..lol"
:seesaw:

soon to have: Black SS2 6sp w/ orange rally stripes.
or, IOM w/black. havent made up my mind, lol
xsoutherngun89x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #87
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #88
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Would you like to guess where these were originally posted?

Why don't you just check Jinx's profile?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #89
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Drives: 2001 Mustang GT vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer CamAro View Post
Ok, well i was just wondering and now it makes sense, but seeing how this was just a rendering i thought a couple things could be different. and on that note ( I dont know if you said this or not) do you not like the mail slot or is that another one of the things that cant be on it?
That was something I hope someone would bring up. I love design questions. lol.

The mailslot was actually deleted from a design and function point and not a from a limitation. The mailslot was deleted to give the SS some unique detail and the Z28 its own. I intended the Z28 to a have feature that were fully functional and still have character.

The SS mailslot isnt functional, so I ditched it. This leaves this to be a distinguishing feature to the SS.

The Z28s airducts, grille designs, and splitter set the idea of a "function by design" without looking boring, plain, or unaggressive.

Its was totally a judgement on my part to delete it.

Support the "JINX CAMARO FUND" at http://www.zazzle.com/jinxdesign
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #90
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
That was something I hope someone would bring up. I love design questions. lol.

The mailslot was actually deleted from a design and function point and not a from a limitation. The mailslot was deleted to give the SS some unique detail and the Z28 its own. I intended the Z28 to a have feature that were fully functional and still have character.

The SS mailslot isnt functional, so I ditched it. This leaves this to be a distinguishing feature to the SS.

The Z28s airducts, grille designs, and splitter set the idea of a "function by design" without looking boring, plain, or unaggressive.

Its was totally a judgement on my part to delete it.
Holy crap man, you have this so thought out it's dang near flabbergasting. You need a job at GM... BADLY!!!! You are a truly smart individual, and you have a great idea. I hope GM recognizes how truly awesom these ideas are. ROCK ON
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #91
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Thank you. I did think every part on the car out. It was mentioned in one blog site questioning the badge design. They wondered why I didnt use a unique one. They thought it was a afterthought. I figure I would explain that one too:

-The "SS", as we all know is a trim moniker of Chevy. All cars, now, with the SS designation share the same design for the SS badge.

-The "Z" designation has been around for a long time. Just like the SS badge.

With these thing considered, the Z designation can be the consider the next step up from the SS. Just like the corvette. I thought the badge should be like the SS badge and be uniform with GMs lineup. So I designed the badge with the current Z06 badge. Its shows the Z, the number, and horsepower rating.

I was thinking if I were to do a ZL1 rendering (to compete in the GT500KR arena), then it would have a ZR1 styled badge to fit the bill then. *and a LS9*

Old 10-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #92
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'd buy that without even thinking...
hellll me too!!!! in a heartbeat..550hp omg
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #93
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Ok heres another one, (if you dont mind me analyzing everything.... or trying to) What made you decide to use rectangular foglamps, and lets say if you could buy one of these today, how much would the sticker be, and what would come with it Interior wise?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM   #94
Jinx
Owner of Shunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer CamAro View Post
Ok heres another one, (if you dont mind me analyzing everything.... or trying to) What made you decide to use rectangular foglamps, and lets say if you could buy one of these today, how much would the sticker be, and what would come with it Interior wise?

Answer to the foglights:
To make it distinct from the other model. It wasnt extreme, but different. Also it compliments the shape of the headlight/V-grille opening and lower grille shape. Plus it offers a more fitted look to the car, instead on have a black bezel to hold a round foglight in place like on the other models. I was aimming to refine a car that is already very refined. Icing on the cake approach.

Sticker answer:
This is something that only volume numbers, material cost, and demand can tell. But if I had to project a number that I do have in mind for a Z28, it would be $40k (to revival GT500 in cost and perfromance like the other trims) and for a ZL1 (LS9, carbon fiber hood and front fenders, forged wheels, CTSV like suspension, and ZR1 brakes) it would be a $65K (to revival the GT500KR, in terms of limited volume, collectors appeal, and you get what you pay for.).
Its debatable, but that just how I would see it. I think of my idea of a Z28 to be a GT500, to what a SS is to a GT........in price and how much the Camaro beat it. lol.

Interior:
Ive been thinking of rendering a interior. Basically I had these things in mind:

Accent Options-
-Standard Carbon fiber accents with no lighting
-Jinx Blue interior accents with the cool blue lighting option
-White interior accents with cool blue, white, or red/orange lighting option
-Cyber Grey accents with white, cool blue, or red/orange lighting option

-Standard black chrome bezels

Seats-
-Recaro seat with folowing upholestry options,
-Standard black leather interior with Black suede inserts
-Black leather with Blue, Grey or White inserts and matching stitching and Z28 logo

Steering wheel-
-Perforated Sport steering wheel with thumb rest spots in the design

DIC (driver information center)
-Dealer programable Welcome screen that allow the owner customizable name and welcome icon (logo options: bowtie, Z28 , camaro)
-Boost gauge/ Air:fuel mode

Electronics-
-HUD is standard
-Comp Mode, Street mode
-Premium sound system from SS is optional

Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #95
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
If this doesnt show you that jinx should be at GM, then I dont know what will. I will so take this car! I think I would actually get one if it was availible. I would have to pull some major strings just to be able to get it in my area tho.

:happy anim:: happyanim: I want a Z28
Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #96
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
Answer to the foglights:
To make it distinct from the other model. It wasnt extreme, but different. Also it compliments the shape of the headlight/V-grille opening and lower grille shape. Plus it offers a more fitted look to the car, instead on have a black bezel to hold a round foglight in place like on the other models. I was aimming to refine a car that is already very refined. Icing on the cake approach.

Sticker answer:
This is something that only volume numbers, material cost, and demand can tell. But if I had to project a number that I do have in mind for a Z28, it would be $40k (to revival GT500 in cost and perfromance like the other trims) and for a ZL1 (LS9, carbon fiber hood and front fenders, forged wheels, CTSV like suspension, and ZR1 brakes) it would be a $65K (to revival the GT500KR, in terms of limited volume, collectors appeal, and you get what you pay for.).
Its debatable, but that just how I would see it. I think of my idea of a Z28 to be a GT500, to what a SS is to a GT........in price and how much the Camaro beat it. lol.

Interior:
Ive been thinking of rendering a interior. Basically I had these things in mind:

Accent Options-
-Standard Carbon fiber accents with no lighting
-Jinx Blue interior accents with the cool blue lighting option
-White interior accents with cool blue, white, or red/orange lighting option
-Cyber Grey accents with white, cool blue, or red/orange lighting option

-Standard black chrome bezels

Seats-
-Recaro seat with folowing upholestry options,
-Standard black leather interior with Black suede inserts
-Black leather with Blue, Grey or White inserts and matching stitching and Z28 logo

Steering wheel-
-Perforated Sport steering wheel with thumb rest spots in the design

DIC (driver information center)
-Dealer programable Welcome screen that allow the owner customizable name and welcome icon (logo options: bowtie, Z28 , camaro)
-Boost gauge/ Air:fuel mode

Electronics-
-HUD is standard
-Comp Mode, Street mode
-Premium sound system from SS is optional
Jinx you need to do this interior rendering and start sending your work to GM. You will need to use all your skills on this. You will need to do this to such a degree as to out do the artists that are at GM but still leave some room to not get to wild. Also I would register your art work so that some one does not steal the idea and peg it off as there own. Plus if you do post any of it on here leave out a few details so that no one but you will have the whole thing.

One other thing if GM does take these ideas and implements them into the Z28 and ZL1 I will need to get your autograph on my cars so to complete the package. Getting the artist signature for the art work.

Man I know you have got to be living on cloud 9 from all the support you are getting here.
13F20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #97
yob2kanobe

Drives: Corvette ragtop
Altho I agree with you, I rather doubt GM is hiring as I view my GM stock value these days........
yob2kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #98
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'd like that signiture too!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro z28, new camaro z28, new z28, z28