Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
Coilovers!

So I have decided I am going to hold on to my warranty for a little longer due to financial reasons... So I am considering coilovers and lowering her a little bit. Has anyone done coilovers yet? If so what type and have you noticed a big difference?
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickerdoodle View Post
So I have decided I am going to hold on to my warranty for a little longer due to financial reasons... So I am considering coilovers and lowering her a little bit. Has anyone done coilovers yet? If so what type and have you noticed a big difference?
After what I was told by an Eibach rep yesterday don't get any coilovers related to their brand just a tip. Also be very careful of which brand you buy. Aftermarket valving is a hit or miss for this car big time. Also make sure there is warranty that will be honored if the coilover goes wrong and note many kits sold will be softer than the 1LE suspension so it may not stay as flat on corners.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
pedders super car

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
pedders super car
I have their Xa coilovers and would kill to have their supercars.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Sounds like you need to make a call to Pete at Pedders. Check out the L28 they built with Lingenfelter.
Attached Images

2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
You can still headers and keep your warranty intact. Not the cheapest option but kooks makes a "green" catted mid pipe now. Doesn't throw a code or require a tune. And trust me they aren't cheap but alleviates the need to tune. Granted a tune will make more power, but this is a nice temp solution.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #7
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
HUH and all this time I thought the 1LE came with the same struts as the ZL1...good to know
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Pedders Xa ...Had them a week and I Love them!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
we have installed quite a few of the BC racing and pfadt's both are fantastic!!! let me know if you would like a price on a set
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #10
snickerdoodle

I have been looking into those paired with stepped headers... h/o, I will be voiding my warranty when things get back on track in the fall. so i figure why not just hold off and do it right? i hear those cats alone are nearly a grand. but they do work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
You can still headers and keep your warranty intact. Not the cheapest option but kooks makes a "green" catted mid pipe now. Doesn't throw a code or require a tune. And trust me they aren't cheap but alleviates the need to tune. Granted a tune will make more power, but this is a nice temp solution.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #11
snickerdoodle

the 1LE does have upgraded struts h/o they are not the same as the magnetic coilovers the ZL1 has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
HUH and all this time I thought the 1LE came with the same struts as the ZL1...good to know
Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
the 1LE does have upgraded struts h/o they are not the same as the magnetic coilovers the ZL1 has.
Ya I just was thinking when they said upgraded that what it was upgraded to....wonder why they didnt....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
I have been looking into those paired with stepped headers... h/o, I will be voiding my warranty when things get back on track in the fall. so i figure why not just hold off and do it right? i hear those cats alone are nearly a grand. but they do work!
Seen them in $950 range. Supposedly they make as much Hp as the non green cats. But that is a lot of money. I am curious to see how coilovers workout on the 1LE. I am considering lowering springs but it handles so well stock that I am scared of upsetting what GM has created. I think I will hold out for springs designed with the 1LE in mind.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #14
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I'll let you know soon about coilovers....just ordered the Pedders Super Car Coilovers...2 events coming up, so will have feedback soon...