Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #113
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
We won't be adding any parts for those, but if you have LEDs and want to control we can help. Might want to check out gen5diy, as Ofer sells brand-new RS headlights that he gets from GM damaged and he pieces them together and repairs the plastic where needed. Might be an option.

So your controller/module is for RS only? What kind of help can all us non-RS with LEDs or CCFL's get?
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #114
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
So your controller/module is for RS only? What kind of help can all us non-RS with LEDs or CCFL's get?
RS only. The kit has a replacement for the LED in the RS headlight. CCFL's won't be controllable. LED controllers is what we do. We are not selling to non-US customers at this time. We are looking into it.
Joe@NightOwlLEDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #115
2012LFX-RS
aka "BLACK CARBON"

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT w/RS Package
Are you going to be selling halo rings for the fog lights as well?
Alpine IVE-W535HD DVD Player w/Metra Kit | Alpine SPR-60C component kit | JL Audio 10w3v3 Stealth box | JL Audio JX 1000/1 AMPLIFIER | JL AUDIO XD 400/4 AMPLIFIER | MRT V2 Exhaust | Cold Air Inductions Intake | OEM Gas Cap | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Gray Metallic Rally Stripes | 50% Window Tint | Black Smoked AAC Sidemarkers | ZL1 Bumper Conversion | Technostalgia Tail Lights | Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels | Oracle Color Shift Headlight & Fog Light Halos | Night Owl SL Module
2012LFX-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #116
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LFX-RS View Post
Are you going to be selling halo rings for the fog lights as well?
Our plan is to only retail our products for a short time, and then sell through dealers and vendors. We don't have any current plans to make LED products or resell them. We make the controllers to control the LEDs that you can buy from many vendors. Our focus is to make the BEST controller system available for your car. The only time we may resell any products would be if something is not readily available to most people, or we know a lot of people want a product and it is more of a convenience for them to buy it through us.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #117
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

I received a PM from a member about information that I'd like to share.

The question had to do with my white turn signal bulbs. These are called switchback LEDs. Here is a DIY on that: DIY Install LED SWITCHBACK TURN SIGNALS White DRL and Amber Blinker in one! For RS

When switching out the bulbs for LEDs, you have to insert power resistors across the line so that the computer doesn't think that a bulb is burned out. Anyway, these do not require a heat sink because the turn signal is never on the whole time. They will not get hot.

The HP modules (as well as the SL modules) include 4 extra auxiliary outputs. We haven't really talked about these before, because I thought that it would confuse some people. Anyway, this is where our DRL harness hooks into. The DRL harness utilizes two of these ports, and then they go into a tiny circuit board that is built into our DRL harness. We can basically do the same thing to power the white LEDs in the switchback bulbs.

On my car, I have it set so that when my car turns on, these white bulbs come on, the driving lights come on, and my halos come on white. That is just how I wanted it. I can change it though so that they don't come on unless I specifically turn them on with the remote or the app. They also produce some nice strobing effects for car shows. It draws a lot of attention even during the daytime shows.

If you are interested in adding a small harness to do this, send me a message.

Thanks everyone that has already ordered. We still have some of the first batch available for sale. If we do run out, we'll get the next batch ordered so that there won't be a long delay.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #118
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Interesting!! Never have seen the Turn signals all white before. I dont have DRL any longer on my SS, however using pod lights from ACS instead as seen below. They are very bright and pics do not do the brightness justice....Would be cool to incorperate some white turn signals to go along with these. Would be cool for shows. They have basic wiring.

CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #119
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Interesting!! Never have seen the Turn signals all white before. I dont have DRL any longer on my SS, however using pod lights from ACS instead as seen below. They are very bright and pics do not do the brightness justice....Would be cool to incorperate some white turn signals to go along with these. Would be cool for shows. They have basic wiring.
Very nice!
Switchbacks would look very good.

I wish that we could make a plug-and-play harness, but only replacement connectors are available and they are over $30 each if I remember right. They would have to be spliced in. There are no mating connectors out there. The DIY referenced shows drilling a hole and inserting a wire into the connector. I'll look into this again.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 AM   #120
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Sounds good!!! Keep us updated I will definetly be interested in this as well.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #121
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@NightOwlLEDs View Post
I received a PM from a member about information that I'd like to share.

The question had to do with my white turn signal bulbs. These are called switchback LEDs. Here is a DIY on that: DIY Install LED SWITCHBACK TURN SIGNALS White DRL and Amber Blinker in one! For RS

When switching out the bulbs for LEDs, you have to insert power resistors across the line so that the computer doesn't think that a bulb is burned out. Anyway, these do not require a heat sink because the turn signal is never on the whole time. They will not get hot.

The HP modules (as well as the SL modules) include 4 extra auxiliary outputs. We haven't really talked about these before, because I thought that it would confuse some people. Anyway, this is where our DRL harness hooks into. The DRL harness utilizes two of these ports, and then they go into a tiny circuit board that is built into our DRL harness. We can basically do the same thing to power the white LEDs in the switchback bulbs.

On my car, I have it set so that when my car turns on, these white bulbs come on, the driving lights come on, and my halos come on white. That is just how I wanted it. I can change it though so that they don't come on unless I specifically turn them on with the remote or the app. They also produce some nice strobing effects for car shows. It draws a lot of attention even during the daytime shows.

If you are interested in adding a small harness to do this, send me a message.

Thanks everyone that has already ordered. We still have some of the first batch available for sale. If we do run out, we'll get the next batch ordered so that there won't be a long delay.

So an additional harness would be needed to power/control turn signal led bulbs to connect to your drl harness or module? Just to clarify.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #122
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
So an additional harness would be needed to power/control turn signal led bulbs to connect to your drl harness or module? Just to clarify.
The driving light harness is an extra add-on to control the driving lights. To control switchback LEDs we'll need an additional harness, which brings the connections out of the case, into a connector so that the controller can be disconnected and removed, into a small circuit board, and then out to the switchback LEDs. The small circuit board is the same one that we use in our driving light harness. This tiny circuit board is needed since the car's wiring harness switches the positive on and off, and our controller is set up to switch the ground on and off.

I know a diagram would be very helpful. We'll get to this in the next couple of days.

The halo kit harnesses, and final assembly of the controllers into the cases are scheduled to begin on the 9th for our first batch. We're going to see what changes we may need to incorporate before they begin. Final assembly and wiring harnesses for these halo kits is being done by a high quality wiring harness manufacturer right here in the USA.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #123
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
can we have you program the controller how we would like it until you get the android app done?
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #124
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
can we have you program the controller how we would like it until you get the android app done?
There are too many difficulties with this. Adjusting the whites to match your other lights needs to be done on the car. Also setting up favorite programs is an easy task that normally just needs to be played with. Most of the program types have several different color, timing, and other options. You may even know someone with an iPhone that would let you use theirs.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #125
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
DO you offer a ZL1 specific kit? Since that one has different DRLs?
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #126
Joe@NightOwlLEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
DO you offer a ZL1 specific kit? Since that one has different DRLs?
A ZL1 harness will also be available. We have a member that has ordered a kit for a ZL1, and we'll be providing a harness that will control both DRLs and fogs, all 4 independently. We suggest that all bulbs be swapped out to LED for longevity. There will be a small additional charge for the ZL1 due to additional wiring and circuitry being added to the DRL harness. We don't have the option on the website yet, but you can contact me directly.