Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #43
camaro-21

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro v6
Dude you should definitely get the rx catch can cuz your gonna be leaking oil like crazy . I just got mine and I'm putting it on .
2011 camaro v6- sts turbo w/ meth injection, barton short throw, spec stage 3+ clutch, forgestar f-14 rims, Nitto invo tires, pfadt sway bars drop springs and end links, rx catch can, goodridge stainless steel brake lines, aac halos afterburner taillights and sidemarkers, sebon carbon rear diffuser.
camaro-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #44
cjt037
boost+v6=me=:)

Drives: Turbo'd 6er
I had my set up for 7 months now and have never had a problem
cjt037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #45
camaro-21

Wow Idk how you are not leaking oil at the return cap cuz the pressure gets so high on mine that oil leaks and I got the catch can to fix it but I'm running up to 10 psi
2011 camaro v6- sts turbo w/ meth injection, barton short throw, spec stage 3+ clutch, forgestar f-14 rims, Nitto invo tires, pfadt sway bars drop springs and end links, rx catch can, goodridge stainless steel brake lines, aac halos afterburner taillights and sidemarkers, sebon carbon rear diffuser.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #46
cjt037

what s the power differences between us?
Old 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #47
camaro-21

Pretty much the same I got 415 at the wheels and 410 torque the last time I dynoed mine
Old 11-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #48
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
first off, awesome #'s OP!

im addicted to meth also. its great insurance with boost. for those that are new to meth system, i use the Snow stage III. it is a digital system that can be easily customized by using two buttons. mine is set to start spraying 40% when it sees 3psi of boost then ramps up as the boost ramps up. i also use two nozzles for my hp level. it is plumbed into the factory windshield washer tank since it holds more than most tanks. it also has a float that triggers a light to tell me when i have about 2 qts left. the float can be put at any level but spraying two big nozzles, it uses it fast

the box also displays boost % and injector duty cycle %. i also run an a/f gauge so when if i were to floor it and it goes lean i know to let off immediately. these are all used in case the pump were to fail or malfunction with the system.

hope this might help to understand meth systems a little better

low level light.

float

nozzles
Attached Images

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 PM   #49
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
If you get much higher than that on the torque you will be going beyond what our transmissions are good for. Why are you using meth? I thought turbo on these cars can reach over 600hp just by upping the boost.
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #50
BLACK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
Why are you using meth? I thought turbo on these cars can reach over 600hp just by upping the boost.
i would guess due to the fueling issue
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #51
cjt037

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
i would guess due to the fueling issue

then engine can hold up to 600 hp on the crank. for those that do not know wheel hp and crank hp is a major difference . between your engine and your wheel thier is alot of power loss.

The fueling issue is a major problem which is any vendors are reading this they need to find us a fix.

Meth is used with the boost to lower the intake temps. its make more boost safer but nevertheless your stock intake manafold can only take so much pressure. Thier is so many combaintians of meth on the market most people use windshield washer fluid. some preformance shops call it boost juice some call it meth. the majority of the ones that arn't not windshield washer fluid. its 50% methonal and %)% dist. water. NOT TAP WATER>

heres a link.
http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

to see the diffenernce between wheel hp and crank hp. its not 100% but it gives you a general idea. most people like gm brag about crank hp numbers. because they look more inpressive.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #52
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Ok so this is for Camaro 21, I spoke to ILTECH while they were showing your car. I asked about the oil issue. The information I received was it is from the pressure built up in the crank case. Since the STS Turbo is recommended up to 8 psi and you’re at 10 psi this causes more pressure in the crank case. Thus you needing a way to relieve that pressure. I am not sure if a Catch Can is there for crank case pressure. I thought the Catch Can worked off of vacuum. So to relieve the pressure in the crank case wouldn’t that be a breather? How is the breather routed when it’s removed from the throttle when adding a turbo? Is there a connection from the original to the?

Also I may have the PSI rating wrong as far as the STS Turbo is considered.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:32 AM   #53
BLACK10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjt037 View Post
then engine can hold up to 600 hp on the crank. for those that do not know wheel hp and crank hp is a major difference . between your engine and your wheel thier is alot of power loss.

The fueling issue is a major problem which is any vendors are reading this they need to find us a fix.

Meth is used with the boost to lower the intake temps. its make more boost safer but nevertheless your stock intake manafold can only take so much pressure. Thier is so many combaintians of meth on the market most people use windshield washer fluid. some preformance shops call it boost juice some call it meth. the majority of the ones that arn't not windshield washer fluid. its 50% methonal and %)% dist. water.
You are right. Meth also brings up the octane level.

You may be correct about the motor handling 600hp but so far there is not a fuel system to support that yet. 600hp would still be over 500rwhp and we all know that cant happen on this system yet
Old 11-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
camaro-21

Alright we got the catch can installed after calling Tracy and for anybody with the sts kit you have to change where the oil return line is so instead of being returned through the oil fill cap you return it on the drivers side rear manifold and put the breather where the oil cap is and run a line back to the intake of the turbo. Then you can get rid of the sts pcv system and cap off the line connected to the intake . Once we got it done the turbo spoiled up a lot faster
Old 11-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #55
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-21 View Post
Alright we got the catch can installed after calling Tracy and for anybody with the sts kit you have to change where the oil return line is so instead of being returned through the oil fill cap you return it on the drivers side rear manifold and put the breather where the oil cap is and run a line back to the intake of the turbo. Then you can get rid of the sts pcv system and cap off the line connected to the intake . Once we got it done the turbo spoiled up a lot faster
Awesome and for Tracy
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #56
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Another reason why I probably will go to tracy when i go FI. Very knowledgeable person especially on the LLT. He's been with us since the beginning.
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote