Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #15
devsfan1830

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT - Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
The problem is the phones are updated faster than the cars, and that creates the issues.
Thats true. If the car is confusing bluetooth and USB inputs like mine has done on occasion there not alot MyLink can do since in iOS theres no manual separation of Bluetooth calling and Bluetooth audio output funtionality. Its either connected or not. I've had issue where a song on USB pauses for an incoming call. I answeer it on Bluetooth and my phone starts playing music and the call on the Bluetooth connection. I cant pause the music because the playback controls on the dash dont work in a call, and I'm not a fan of fumbing for a phone while driving. That's an iOS issue rather than a MyLink issue, The OS should know not to play music in an active call. It doesn't do it when I have my headphones on so why should it in a car. Likely a programming oversight on Apples part.
devsfan1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #16
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
8.0.2 fixes this (at least in my testing) don't mess with the car side of it.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #17
MrUnsubtleNinja

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsfan1830 View Post
Thats true. If the car is confusing bluetooth and USB inputs like mine has done on occasion there not alot MyLink can do since in iOS theres no manual separation of Bluetooth calling and Bluetooth audio output funtionality. Its either connected or not. I've had issue where a song on USB pauses for an incoming call. I answeer it on Bluetooth and my phone starts playing music and the call on the Bluetooth connection. I cant pause the music because the playback controls on the dash dont work in a call, and I'm not a fan of fumbing for a phone while driving. That's an iOS issue rather than a MyLink issue, The OS should know not to play music in an active call. It doesn't do it when I have my headphones on so why should it in a car. Likely a programming oversight on Apples part.
With MyLink, Chevy decided to get rid of the separation of Bluetooth Calling and Audio (the 2010-2012 Camaro's and those with the standard display have you connect to GMMusicConnect for Bluetooth Audio and another one for Calls). You can't blame the phone as it is just doing what the headunit is telling it what to do. When I first got my ZL1 I was pissed to find out that Bluetooth had been combined....

I'm sure Gen 2 MyLink will be much better than this first tryout they did... It took Ford a while to get Sync right, same thing with BMW iDrive...

Programming on headunits isn't given the same priority as a computer or phone.... Unfortunately :(
MrUnsubtleNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #18
MaloCS

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Edition, 2SS Auto
Just received my iPhone 6. Updated the phone to 8.0.2 and paired it to the Camaro. So far, so good. The iPhone 6 paired without issue and plays without issue.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #19
mnvaughn

Drives: Camaro
I have an iPhone 6, mylink wouldn't play music when i connected it with USB. The screen would say it was paused and I couldn't play until I pressed play on the iPhone. Also mylink wouldn't change songs when I used the mylink system. It would say the song was changed on the mylink screen but kept playing the same song. I updated to 8.0.2 and it looked like everything was remedied. But later in the afternoon when I tried again, the same problems arised. Has anybody gotten an update yet for their mylink that fixes this? And can we only update it at a chevy dealership?
mnvaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #20
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
good luck fellas.

I fought with GM for 2 years with my Avalanche and iOS6, when I went from 5 to 6 I started to experience all the issues you guys are describing..

GM changed my HU 4 times and could never get the iPhone with iOS6 to work, I went back to iOS5 and it worked fine..

They blamed my phone and wouldn't warranty the radio after that, for anything, even an ongoing GPS issue I had from the first day I bought the truck (it would not lock GPS satellites so it was always 'lost') I ended up fixing the GPS part myself by installing an aftermarket antenna on the roof of the truck, the internal antenna got too much interference in its internal location behind the dash.

These 2 things were known issues with GM, the antenna and iOS6 issues, they even put out a TSB for dealers to NOT warranty any iPhone iOS6 related issues on 2007-2010 GMT-900 trucks (all makes).

in 2011 they changed to a different head unit in the trucks and relocated the GPS antenna, and apparently all the issues (at that point) went away.

---

From my experience GM doesn't give a rats ass about your phone device not working and they will just run in circles with you about it and blame the phone.

luckily I have a 2012 Camaro, the basic radio doesn't seem to have an issue with iOS 8. I tested my wife's iPhone 5 with iOS 8 on the car before upgrading to the iPhone 6 to be sure it worked..

so far no issues with the basic 2012 radio and the iPhone 6, but had there been I would have kept my iPhone with iOS 7, I've had enough of dealing with GM and dealerships for phone related infotainment issues..

Last edited by Mr. iNCREDIBLE; 09-28-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #21
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
good luck fellas.

I fought with GM for 2 years with my Avalanche and iOS6, when I went from 5 to 6 I started to experience all the issues you guys are describing..

GM changed my HU 4 times and could never get the iPhone with iOS6 to work, I went back to iOS5 and it worked fine..

They blamed my phone and wouldn't warranty the radio after that, for anything, even an ongoing GPS issue I had from the first day I bought the truck (it would not lock GPS satellites so it was always 'lost') I ended up fixing the GPS part myself by installing an aftermarket antenna on the roof of the truck, the internal antenna got too much interference in its internal location behind the dash.

These 2 things were known issues with GM, the antenna and iOS6 issues, they even put out a TSB for dealers to NOT warranty any iPhone iOS6 related issues on 2007-2010 GMT-900 trucks (all makes).

in 2011 they changed to a different head unit in the trucks and relocated the GPS antenna, and apparently all the issues (at that point) went away.

---

From my experience GM doesn't give a rats ass about your phone device not working and they will just run in circles with you about it and blame the phone.

luckily I have a 2012 Camaro, the basic radio doesn't seem to have an issue with iOS 8. I tested my wife's iPhone 5 with iOS 8 on the car before upgrading to the iPhone 6 to be sure it worked..

so far no issues with the basic 2012 radio and the iPhone 6, but had there been I would have kept my iPhone with iOS 7, I've had even of dealing with GM and dealerships for phone related infotainment issues..

I too have a 2012 and tested i today. Works fine. A tad buggy but usually corrects itself. I just wish I could get the "call ended" turned off.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #22
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Like others have said 8.02 fixed my problem.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #23
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
I have the gen5 MyLink and it still will not work via USB cable.
I plug in my iPhone, music pops up and starts playing but as soon as the MyLink starts trying to "index" I get an error pop up screen. It's the indexing that kills it.
I'm going to start my own troubleshooting today. I'll post up when/if I find anything.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #24
MikeAP

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
8.0.2 fixes this (at least in my testing) don't mess with the car side of it.
Agreed, I just upgraded to 8.0.2 this weekend and everything seems to be working now.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM   #25
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniCamaro View Post
I have the gen5 MyLink and it still will not work via USB cable.
I plug in my iPhone, music pops up and starts playing but as soon as the MyLink starts trying to "index" I get an error pop up screen. It's the indexing that kills it.
I'm going to start my own troubleshooting today. I'll post up when/if I find anything.

I cleaned up my iPhone through iTunes today and everything is back to working as it should. But, I only have about 30 songs on my iphone5s and it takes the MyLink a good while to index them. I believe the issue is definitely the indexing.
Also, re-authorize your PC/MAC through iTunes, even if you believe it's been done before.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #26
MikeAP

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS M6
OK well that was short lived, I tried it again last night and no luck. Just sits at the 'Paused' screen. Once I hit play on my phone it will play music but the screen will not update with the correct song name.

It seems to me it is a bluetooth/USB issue. If I disconnect from the USB cable I can play music via Bluetooth with no problems. Once the cable is in it will just sit in the paused state. I have not tried to play music via the USB cable while not connected to Bluetooth, I will try that later today.

Not sure what the deal is.

Mike
Old 09-30-2014, 11:40 AM   #27
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Maybe we can talk to Will, the Chevrolet rep here.. I'm getting the same issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2014, 02:44 PM   #28
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAP View Post
OK well that was short lived, I tried it again last night and no luck. Just sits at the 'Paused' screen. Once I hit play on my phone it will play music but the screen will not update with the correct song name.

It seems to me it is a bluetooth/USB issue. If I disconnect from the USB cable I can play music via Bluetooth with no problems. Once the cable is in it will just sit in the paused state. I have not tried to play music via the USB cable while not connected to Bluetooth, I will try that later today.

Not sure what the deal is.

Mike

I know you probably shouldn't have to do this, but what about disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. Maybe this would clear the issue? I'm just asking bc my cruze had the Mylink and I have ios 8.0.2 running on my iPhone 5 with no issues. I actually think it runs better, thanks to the "Hey Siri" feature
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote