Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
TommyF

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray 2SS Automatic
USB indexing not recognizing many songs

I have an 18 gig flash drive with about 11 gigs of music on it. The car doesn't seem to be recognizing quite a bit of that music however. I ripped it all straight from my ipod, they're in mp3 and aac format I believe. Anyone know what the problem could be? It's very random what is and isn't recognized. For a bunch of the bands I'll have just one of their CD's. Others just aren't there at all. And then others are complete.

PS
Is there any way to stop or pause the music while it's in USB mode?
TommyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #2
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyF View Post
I have an 18 gig flash drive with about 11 gigs of music on it. The car doesn't seem to be recognizing quite a bit of that music however. I ripped it all straight from my ipod, they're in mp3 and aac format I believe. Anyone know what the problem could be? It's very random what is and isn't recognized. For a bunch of the bands I'll have just one of their CD's. Others just aren't there at all. And then others are complete.

PS

Are the songs in Folders??..

and no there is not a way to pause it unless you turn the voulum off..
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
TommyF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
Are the songs in Folders??..

and no there is not a way to pause it unless you turn the voulum off..
Yeah each band has a folder, then each album has a folder.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Yeah each band has a folder, then each album has a folder.

That is your problem right there...

Take them out of the folders then put it back in the car and it should work...

My sons jumpdrive did that and he had them in folders..
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
Old 09-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Why didn't you just use your Ipod ?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:

PS
I think the car can only index up to 2,500 songs. But if you use an iPod, it is unlimited because the iPod does the work instead of the car.

See here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...401#post770401

This is the guy who designed the software.
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
TommyF

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
That is your problem right there...

Take them out of the folders then put it back in the car and it should work...

My sons jumpdrive did that and he had them in folders..
That doesn't explain why some albums show up just fine despite being in folders too.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #8
TommyF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I'd just rather keep my ipod at home and leave a flash drive in the car.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I had trouble with my flash drive...sometimes wouldn't recognize it or much of my library wasn't there....but my ipod works perfectly.

Ken
Old 09-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
That doesn't explain why some albums show up just fine despite being in folders too.

Oh well

Still should take them out of folders and see what happens
Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #11
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I have also seen this issues and think it boils down to the copyright protection (DRM) that is on some songs. To test, I burned a CD of some songs that were not showing up.. then re-imported them as MP3's into my iTunes library and re-synced. Sure enough, they showed up in the list. Odd really, given that they can play on the iPhone/iPod but they do not show up to the system/radio in the Camaro.

I would think this is something that can/should be addressed with a software update... I am sure there are are some updates available by now, and maybe this has already been addressed... I haven't been in for any ECM/firmware updates though, so I cnanot say for sure.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #12
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I think the car can only index up to 2,500 songs. But if you use an iPod, it is unlimited because the iPod does the work instead of the car.

See here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...401#post770401

This is the guy who designed the software.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
I have also seen this issues and think it boils down to the copyright protection (DRM) that is on some songs. To test, I burned a CD of some songs that were not showing up.. then re-imported them as MP3's into my iTunes library and re-synced. Sure enough, they showed up in the list. Odd really, given that they can play on the iPhone/iPod but they do not show up to the system/radio in the Camaro
Tommy, Dustin and Number 9 hit this on head.

You have to many songs. Ditch some songs and if you have any songs that you downloaded on Itunes before they changed their protection, you will have to redo them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #13
TommyF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Tommy, Dustin and Number 9 hit this on head.

You have to many songs. Ditch some songs and if you have any songs that you downloaded on Itunes before they changed their protection, you will have to redo them.
I download nothing on itunes, and the amount of songs that are missing... I find it hard to believe that's the issue. Estimating 4 mb's a song times 2,500 songs would be 10 gigs, which is right around what's on there. My ENTIRE Metallica discography is missing (including many live shows) which was all taken directly from CD's.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #14
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Metallica is the single largest issue I have as well... and it's always been a case of copy protection for me. Once I re-imported the music as MP3 (not AAC!) and sync the MP3's to my collection appeared.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote