Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:03 PM   #169
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
SWEET!! Just another gap to please myself in my new Camaro!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #170
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I hesitate to post as someone will just use it as fuel for a non-fire or use it to keep a non-fire burning.

First, understand that you are picking on the hardest part of the interior to get right.

Second, this car WAS NOT SHIPPED. I wasn't there, but I doubt very much Rick got in his car and drove it home. There are additional hurdles the Camaro must pass before one single car gets shipped.

Third, with all of the cameras and people hovering around the car, I am pretty sure that they avoided any chance to take the car off line to repair this, which your cars would be.

Fourth, none of the CTF cars have been built with the acrylic panels on the door and IP. So in order to get that right you are probably judging by the very first production car with ABL on the IP and Door Trim.

And last, this is another case of you guys have been allowed to know more than any other car and it's launch. So now you are taking that intimate knowledge and doing this??????????????? Come on now. Just stop.

And yes I agree FROM THE PICTURES this is probably out of specification.

So if you get your car and you don't like it - POST AWAY. But not this car, it was way out of process to have the owner walk the line with 100 fans and their cameras.

+1,000,000
Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #171
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Thank you number 3,80zedder
Old 03-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #172
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulm85 View Post
No...I like all others on the thread love the car and will be buying one and I am sorry I HAVE TO WORK AND CAN"T BE ON THE COMPUTER ALL THE TIME, that is why I haven't commented on the other pics.

I just want GM to hit a home run with this car and if even one out of 30 has a problem then it will be a big problem.

Things like this do concern some people when throwing down their hard earned money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Alot of QC for things like that does happen after the car comes off the line, so maybe that car had just not gone through final inspection....
I will hold off final judgment till I see pictures of actual customer cars that have been delivered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
They've already gone full production..It has already begun..If you ordered Cyber Grey, you are constrained and forced to wait a month or so before they start building those, however it has begun...

The dealers should not be touching the cars after the fact when it arrived no more than they should repair an accident that occurs when being driven into the dealership without telling the customer.. This should be an issue fixed by GM at the Oshawa plant before shipment...
I think these are one of the reasons why we have dealerships; to address problems like this. However, this seems like it stands out quite a bit. It doesn't sound like anyone knows all of the details of this situation, so let's not jump to conclusions, but let's be constructive about it.

BTW Supermans: I wasn't directing my comments toward you I only wanted to comment from your post. Again - no disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Thats why I am riding this subject, we know GM insiders check this forum out so let them hear we wont be happy with this
Again - let's be constructive and respectful to EVERYONE's comments. Let's also direct these comments/questions at those who are actually responsible... I doubt the individuals that actually built this car are on this forum however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK07GTSTANG View Post
I started reading this thread and all I see is ArcAngel whining...god, you sound like my 8 year old brother. Seriously dude, you're lucky the Camaro is even being made in such a poor economic state, be happy with it.
Again - no name calling. I'm letting this slide to the end of this page and if keeps up after this, it's getting closed.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #173
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
The dealers should not be touching the cars after the fact when it arrived no more than they should repair an accident that occurs when being driven into the dealership without telling the customer.. This should be an issue fixed by GM at the Oshawa plant before shipment...

They have in the past, and they will in the future.

Welcome to the Automotive industry, foriegn and domestic.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #174
rgrizzard

Drives: Wanting New Camaro
Quote:
I hesitate to post as someone will just use it as fuel for a non-fire or use it to keep a non-fire burning.

First, understand that you are picking on the hardest part of the interior to get right.

Second, this car WAS NOT SHIPPED. I wasn't there, but I doubt very much Rick got in his car and drove it home. There are additional hurdles the Camaro must pass before one single car gets shipped.

Third, with all of the cameras and people hovering around the car, I am pretty sure that they avoided any chance to take the car off line to repair this, which your cars would be.

Fourth, none of the CTF cars have been built with the acrylic panels on the door and IP. So in order to get that right you are probably judging by the very first production car with ABL on the IP and Door Trim.

And last, this is another case of you guys have been allowed to know more than any other car and it's launch. So now you are taking that intimate knowledge and doing this??????????????? Come on now. Just stop.

So if you get your car and you don't like it - POST AWAY. But not this car, it was way out of process to have the owner walk the line with 100 fans and their cameras.

BTW I clicked on your garage and I got to say that 916 is sweet!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 PM   #175
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
That one pic where it's perfect is a render. I don't think it's that big a deal.

Probably GM should fix it for future part orders and production.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #176
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
seems to point to a supplier issue. They are very aware of the problem. Rick's car was not passed through the final QC, and even if it was, due to time and obligations, it was released anyways, as replacement panels may not have been on hand "iom" to fix the problem.

Belive me, when you get your vehicles, there should be no issues with the panels misaligning. IF by a slight chance there is, the dealer should correct it before you even see your new car.
How can the dealer correct this problem/ What is the process they would have to go thru?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #177
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
I'm Done, but please someone with pull ASK GM so this dead horse can die.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #178
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
GrnMchin why you stressin man this is good discussion
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #179
undrcop2010

Drives: 1LT/RS SIM
As three little birds once told Bob Marley......."Dont worry about a thing, Cause every little thing, is gonna be alright"

Stop Whining
Old 03-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #180
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:

Sounds like we should chill and wait. Thanks 3.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #181
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Quote:
How can the dealer correct this problem/ What is the process they would have to go thru?
I dunno, i dont work at the dealer lol. Most likely replace the pdefective peice with a new one. I know GM is putting the pressure on it's plastics suppliers for better quality, see what happens in the next week.

All i really know is, if you love your paintjob, then i am happy.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #182
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
I'm Done, but please someone with pull ASK GM so this dead horse can die.
This topic is not a dead horse... And it is troubling you would want it to be..

Scotty, I do understand dealers fix issue's with cars when they arrive, however there are some problems that the dealer should inform the customer they have fixed before taking payment. One is an accident that requires re-painting.. That is something I hope your dealership would do and take the high road..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
I dunno, i dont work at the dealer lol. Most likely replace the pdefective peice with a new one. I know GM is putting the pressure on it's plastics suppliers for better quality, see what happens in the next week.

All i really know is, if you love your paintjob, then i am happy.
Thanks for your hard work. I'm looking forward to loving the Cyber grey when it arrives Glad to know you would have had a hand in making it right.

I would hope the dealer would tell me they had to remove any piece or part of the car to fix an issue before I pick it up. Especially since usually that can cause rattling problems and so forth later on..

Closed Thread