Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #1
Larry_551
Larry_551

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS Convertible
Chipfixx

Anyone tried this?

Www.chipfixx.ca

Looking for something to repair surface scratches.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Try watching the YouTube channel for the scratched glass repairs. There you can observe Nulens, Meguiar's, and 3m headlight and glass repair kit being applied. Just remember when you use any of these kits with a drill to move quickly because the sandpaper will scar a surface if you remain in one spot too long. Never heard of Chipfixx.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 11:17 PM   #3
Larry_551
Larry_551

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkoIko View Post
Try watching the YouTube channel for the scratched glass repairs. There you can observe Nulens, Meguiar's, and 3m headlight and glass repair kit being applied. Just remember when you use any of these kits with a drill to move quickly because the sandpaper will scar a surface if you remain in one spot too long. Never heard of Chipfixx.
Chipfixx is sold by a company in Canada (check the supplied link) and has nothing to do with glass or headlights. It is a paint chip/scratch repair kit.

Larry
Old 07-15-2017, 01:02 AM   #4
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
My mistake, when I clicked on the link it loaded on my phone in a huge manner. Not to mention I'm glass sensitive due to repairs/replacements of windshields on my son's car and then my Camaro.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
Larry_551
Larry_551

No problem. I have 4 vehicles and have had to replace 3 windshields in the past 3 years. Also polished headlights.

The Chipfixx is a product similar to Dr Colorchip. Have heard good things about it, but they won't ship to Canada, last I checked.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
I've tried Dr. Color chip and have had great results. I think this product is similar to color chip