Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-20-2017, 05:41 PM   #43
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
Yea, but in North Jersey you guys only wave with one finger.
Only if you're driving slow in the left lane.
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #44
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
About a week ago i walked out of the grocery store to find 2 camaros parked next to mine. A black ns with 2 women loading groceries on the drivers side and a white ns with a guy also loading up his trunk (ns means no s at all). I said "nice car" to the women and one smiled and said thanks, then the guy looked up and i said "yours too " and he just smiled back. I then proceeded to start my car and pop my trunk and both the man and one of the women looked at me with disgust. The other woman laughed and said "now thats a nice car" while her friend gave her the stfu look. While I'm driving, im a thumbs up kinda guy but only to fellow camaroists and a few challengers/mustangs and i occasionally get one back

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:31 PM   #45
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post
About a week ago i walked out of the grocery store to find 2 camaros parked next to mine. A black ns with 2 women loading groceries on the drivers side and a white ns with a guy also loading up his trunk (ns means no s at all). I said "nice car" to the women and one smiled and said thanks, then the guy looked up and i said "yours too " and he just smiled back. I then proceeded to start my car and pop my trunk and both the man and one of the women looked at me with disgust. The other woman laughed and said "now thats a nice car" while her friend gave her the stfu look. While I'm driving, im a thumbs up kinda guy but only to fellow camaroists and a few challengers/mustangs and i occasionally get one back

I think no S at all makes it an LS....which in turn gives it an S? Then again, I don't know enough about the V6 versions to know whether or not an LT is always an RS....dammit GM!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #46
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I think no S at all makes it an LS....which in turn gives it an S? Then again, I don't know enough about the V6 versions to know whether or not an LT is always an RS....dammit GM!
I don't know anything about the v6 camaro other than its not a v8. By ns i meant no badging at all. They were both definitely v6 and neither one had any rs to them. Mine is a crt 2ss/rs and that is just about the extent of my car knowledge. I do know that i love camaros regardless of generation or engine size and even though i drive one, i still get excited every time i see another one

c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #47
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
LS or LT without the RS option have no badges.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #48
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Okay, let's try to be more friendly to one another. Most of the time I've been in traffic so long I all but lose my religion. The best I have the energy left to do is nod.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:40 PM   #49
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
I don't wave and I don't grin.
Edelbrock EForce Blower, RDP custom grind cam with upgrades,Stainless Power Headers with HighFlow Cats, Stainless Power Retro catback, DSS halfshafts, CAI brand CAI, Tuned ON the Dyno by Steve at RDP. SLP rims,All vinyl stripes removed and painted on, custom hand painted pinstriping, Custom leather seats, Lloyds mats,windows tinted, Sparks emblems, Hurst Billit shifter, and too many small items to list. VDI Scissors doors.
splashlog48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #50
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
From what I remember back in 09, when there were only a few on the road the cool thing to do was to flash your Halo's.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:26 AM   #51
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post

No badge on a V6 means it is either an LS or a 1LT or 2 LT without the RS package or someone debadged it if it had the RS equipment.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:54 AM   #52
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
"The Wave" was a Corvette tradition from the very beginning. Don't ever recall it being a thing with Camaro.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:59 AM   #53
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
No badge on a V6 means it is either an LS or a 1LT or 2 LT without the RS package or someone debadged it if it had the RS equipment.
I think badge delete is a drag reduction thing. worth a few mph faster!

So, all the way home last night, all the way back to work this morning, didn't see a single yellow car! and only 1 Camaro!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #54
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkoIko View Post
Okay, let's try to be more friendly to one another. Most of the time I've been in traffic so long I all but lose my religion. The best I have the energy left to do is nod.
Wait: You still HAVE your religion? In SoCal, time served in traffic sent my religion packing LONG ago...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:53 AM   #55
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
That's why when stuck in those damn freeways I got to listen to some bad religion ..new maps hell... Los Angeles is burning.. their music's f****** therapeutical!
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #56
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
We lost a member awhile back because no one would wave at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by DvKillar View Post
LOLZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Nah... we lost them when they took their hands off the steering wheel to wave back.
I remember that episode - before DvK's and sherob's time here . . . wasn't he trying to get a Corvette?

Kind of a classic story, surprised it took almost 30 posts for anybody to mention it.

Norm

Tags
nods, waves