Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #2829
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Glad that you made it back safe man. Are you done with your business in Florida or will you be going back soon?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #2830
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Thanks, I am done in FL. The rest of my training will be done here.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #2831
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
Thanks, I am done in FL. The rest of my training will be done here.
welcome back
Old 11-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #2832
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Just spotted a 4th gen "Maro" red with white stripes cruising up campus. Is that who I think it is, nice car.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 AM   #2833
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Hey guys I just wanna know if any of you have noticed this problem or occurance that I am noticing with my leather seat cover for the bottom half of my Camaro seats (both driver and passenger)?

So about 2 months ago I noticed that the foam cushion on the bottom of my driver seat was beginning to show, but thought noting of it until after time it began to show more and more until I could see the foam once i open the door. In my opinion it started to look really bad to see, so I looked underneath the seat to see what was going on and noticed that the cover was beginning to creep up closer to the top of the cushion the more I would sit in my seat. Yesterday I decided to take a closer look to see what is causing it and simply just pulled up the cushion with no problem at all, it just slipped up and I thought that i cant be that easy. Well I noticed that there are hook sleeves sewn to the leather cover but they seem to be facing the wrong direction and serve no purpose by the way that they are facing. Iv'e only seen the front and side closest to the doors and the fornt is facing the oposite direction that I think it should be facing in order to hook the metal seat frame to secire the leather from riding up and the side hook piping on both seats is facing the wrong direction AND upside down. Check out the photos to see for yourself, I've even drew some figures of what it is that I am talking about and the way I think that they should be sewn on.

Here you can see the cushion showing by the leather cover riding up.

Here you see the hook piping facing out which I believe should be facing inward so it can hook up to the metal frame just underneath.

This is the side of the cover and you see how the piping is upside down and facing outward. I honestly dont see the purpose of these unless they were facing inward hooking to the metal seat frame where it surves out and down. You guys should take a look and see because all I did was simplay lift the seat and bam, I see everything to the seat.

Here are some drawings that show the problems that I see on top and how I believe the piping SHOULD be.

This is showing the problem I am seeing. LEFT: side view of seats. RIGHT: Frontal view of seats.

Here is what i believe the hooked pipings should be doing.

What I am wondering is since this was a 2010 model car if it was a simple stiching error on GM's or another company's part and whether my wear and tear warranty may cover this for a replacement? Are you guys having the same thing happening?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #2834
Whoareu5
Champion

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS Summit
not sure but ill check out mine and let you know what i see
Whoareu5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 AM   #2835
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
havent noticed anything, but ill check it out today
also, you should take it to dealer to have it look at

thanks for the heads up
Old 11-29-2011, 12:47 PM   #2836
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
yo, whats up I'm coming back to this thread now lol.

but ya, about the chair I checked mine by touch, nothing, not by sight yet.
I do agree that you should take your car to the dealer to have them look at it
Old 11-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #2837
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Just spotted a 4th gen "Maro" red with white stripes cruising up campus. Is that who I think it is, nice car.
Thanks man!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #2838
alexpdbz

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Hey guys I just wanna know if any of you have noticed this problem or occurance that I am noticing with my leather seat cover for the bottom half of my Camaro seats (both driver and passenger)?

So about 2 months ago I noticed that the foam cushion on the bottom of my driver seat was beginning to show, but thought noting of it until after time it began to show more and more until I could see the foam once i open the door. In my opinion it started to look really bad to see, so I looked underneath the seat to see what was going on and noticed that the cover was beginning to creep up closer to the top of the cushion the more I would sit in my seat. Yesterday I decided to take a closer look to see what is causing it and simply just pulled up the cushion with no problem at all, it just slipped up and I thought that i cant be that easy. Well I noticed that there are hook sleeves sewn to the leather cover but they seem to be facing the wrong direction and serve no purpose by the way that they are facing. Iv'e only seen the front and side closest to the doors and the fornt is facing the oposite direction that I think it should be facing in order to hook the metal seat frame to secire the leather from riding up and the side hook piping on both seats is facing the wrong direction AND upside down. Check out the photos to see for yourself, I've even drew some figures of what it is that I am talking about and the way I think that they should be sewn on.

Here you can see the cushion showing by the leather cover riding up.

Here you see the hook piping facing out which I believe should be facing inward so it can hook up to the metal frame just underneath.

This is the side of the cover and you see how the piping is upside down and facing outward. I honestly dont see the purpose of these unless they were facing inward hooking to the metal seat frame where it surves out and down. You guys should take a look and see because all I did was simplay lift the seat and bam, I see everything to the seat.

Here are some drawings that show the problems that I see on top and how I believe the piping SHOULD be.

This is showing the problem I am seeing. LEFT: side view of seats. RIGHT: Frontal view of seats.

Here is what i believe the hooked pipings should be doing.

What I am wondering is since this was a 2010 model car if it was a simple stiching error on GM's or another company's part and whether my wear and tear warranty may cover this for a replacement? Are you guys having the same thing happening?
I took a look at my car and took pics, but I don't think the pics really show anything. I was trying to feel around to figure it out and this is what I came up with. I made a shitty drawing in paint to try to depict what I think it going on.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:32 PM   #2839
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

I checked out the front of the seat in my car with a mirror and flashlight. What I saw is the pics that alexpdbz are close to what it is suppose to be. Charlie, from the pics that you posted it looks like your clip is on the wrong side of the material, unless they are flipping the clips back onto the material. Either way it looks like the clip snaps on and not hooks on. Yours might not have been snapped all the way on during install and no one noticed, until the seat started to stretch some and come loose allowing it to come undone. Hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #2840
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
Greeting my fellow camaro siblings....n giga...whose kinda excited for snow?
Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 AM   #2841
OffseT
Maroboy2001 AKA Offset

Drives: Boosted Trans Am
My coach mentioned it was suppose to snow Saturday is this true? if so looks like ill be practicing my drifting
Old 11-30-2011, 06:51 AM   #2842
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Nooooooo! I don't want any snow!!! It can snow in the mountains all it wants, but stay away from Holloman and Alamogordo!! Part of the reason I took the job here was to get away from that stuff.

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001