Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #631
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo818 View Post
Any thoughts on Aminolast? Is it good for beginners? Seems to get good reviews...
I'm not familiar with it but I checked it out and it is a BCAA suppliment. Here is what I think, I assume you lift weights if you are interested in this product, if so you should be eating lots of lean proteins and or supplimenting with whey protein. BCAA's are found in lean proteins(meat) and is also found in whey protein and whey protein has a real good dose of BCAA's so there is no need to spend money on them in addition to the two other sources mentioned. The only exception would be if you are in a cutting phase where you are restricting cals quite a bit and in doing so restricting protein intake enough to benefit from them but to me that is an extreme cut and something most don't or don't need to do.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #632
AllBlckChvy

Drives: Black 2LS
Thanks for your response. I am wanting to get back into lifting weights (been 10 years!). So in your opinion, whey protein and lean meats should be enough? I did a lil research to see what others were using and came across Aminolast. I'm looking to lose fat and build up muscle and of course I'd need to come up with meal plan, which I find difficult to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I'm not familiar with it but I checked it out and it is a BCAA suppliment. Here is what I think, I assume you lift weights if you are interested in this product, if so you should be eating lots of lean proteins and or supplimenting with whey protein. BCAA's are found in lean proteins(meat) and is also found in whey protein and whey protein has a real good dose of BCAA's so there is no need to spend money on them in addition to the two other sources mentioned. The only exception would be if you are in a cutting phase where you are restricting cals quite a bit and in doing so restricting protein intake enough to benefit from them but to me that is an extreme cut and something most don't or don't need to do.
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #633
CFD

Quote:
Thanks for your response. I am wanting to get back into lifting weights (been 10 years!). So in your opinion, whey protein and lean meats should be enough? I did a lil research to see what others were using and came across Aminolast. I'm looking to lose fat and build up muscle and of course I'd need to come up with meal plan, which I find difficult to do.

Don't go by what "others" are using because most of them have no clue.

As far as suppliments go you really don't need many. There are a bunch of good suppliments but most are not "needed" at all. The best thing is a good clean diet and a few suppliments to compliment it. The most important being a good quality whey protein. This will give you a good quality protein source and a very good dose of BCAA's (that's what amino last is without the crap thrown in). Sometimes a good quality fat supliment is useful, this with the whey makes consuming adequate amounts of each easier by "suplimenting" your diet. The other suppliment which is proven to be worth taking although not necessary is creatine monhydrate. If you eat right and supliment with these 3 you should do just fine.

Loosing fat and building muscle require two totally different strategies and are very difficult to do at the same time. If you have a good amount of fat to loose you would start with that, you will build muscle and gain body definition so it will look like you've built a lot more muscle.Once you've acheived that goal then there would be a change in diet and exercise to focus on muscle gains.

Personally, I carry a good amount of muscle but do not eat enough cals for substancial muscle gain, my diet is kind of in between focussing more on fat loss, it is a bit slower building muscle this way and requires more strictness in diet but then again, I'm no spring chicken so someone younger can make larger gains quicker. I have my most recent photo posted on pg 22, I'm 58 and practice the exact same kind of diet and exercise I suggest here for most.

I, as well as others that frequent this thread, will be glad to help in constructing a good diet and workout plan. Most of what has been posted for others is basically what you will need to do with small adjustments for your specific needs.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #634
AllBlckChvy

Drives: Black 2LS
Cool, I'll look over this thread for the meals. I appreciate your help CFD!
AllBlckChvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #635
CFD

Quote:
Cool, I'll look over this thread for the meals. I appreciate your help CFD!

Glad to help. After looking around if you have any questions feel free to ask, if you come up with a meal plan you can post it and we'll have a look and if needed can make some suggestions to dial it in.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #636
CFD

Hi all. Everyone doing ok I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

I'm bummed, it seems everytime I get into a new program I get injured. This time I was installing wall to wall in one of my rentals and slipped with a razor knife putting a nice gash in my lower thigh. I cut through to the muscle but fortunately did not cut the muscle, only tissue and a few capillaries, can you say lots of blood, lol. Anyhow I got it stitched up but I'm done working out for a week or two. Guess the rest won't hurt although it's hard to sit on my ass and do nothing.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 AM   #637
bubsy73

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Hi all. Everyone doing ok I hope. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

I'm bummed, it seems everytime I get into a new program I get injured. This time I was installing wall to wall in one of my rentals and slipped with a razor knife putting a nice gash in my lower thigh. I cut through to the muscle but fortunately did not cut the muscle, only tissue and a few capillaries, can you say lots of blood, lol. Anyhow I got it stitched up but I'm done working out for a week or two. Guess the rest won't hurt although it's hard to sit on my ass and do nothing.
I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you heal quick!!!

I thought I would let you know that I have lost 5 lbs now so down to 170 this morning. Works out to a pound a week, so I figure by mid September I should achieve my goal weight. (Around 140ish) I am happy with my progress and I am determined to keep going. It hasn't been so bad and I think that if I continue I can change my habits. Thanks CFD for all of you support and input. I hope you feel better soon and please don't hurt yourself before your body is ready!
bubsy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #638
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:

OMG! That sounds scary and painful!! Hope it heals fast!

Still crossfitting away here, not alot new with me.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #639
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:

OUCH!!! But I bet the hardest part is sitting around. You can always work that upper body - come on now - no slacking!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post

I thought I would let you know that I have lost 5 lbs now so down to 170 this morning. Works out to a pound a week, so I figure by mid September I should achieve my goal weight. (Around 140ish) I am happy with my progress and I am determined to keep going. It hasn't been so bad and I think that if I continue I can change my habits. Thanks CFD for all of you support and input. I hope you feel better soon and please don't hurt yourself before your body is ready!

Congrats Bubsy73!! I think I saw you post that you were using the "My Fitness Pal" app. I'm there as caesarsmom if you want a friend Keep up the good work!!

10.4 lbs !!!

:happy anim:

Only 9.6 left to lose - or maybe more. This second 10 may get a little harder, but I'm more motivated

Need some suggestions for fish. I need to eat it, but I don't really care for it. I like Orange roughy cause it's not real fishy. Any other suggestions and recipes anyone might suggest? AND I don't want my house smelling like fish -
I'll grill it if I have to

Thanks as always CFD for your help and support
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #640
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy73 View Post

That's good news. !-2 lbs weekly is considered optimal. There are other diets that will loose weight faster but making changes to your eating habits and loosing weight slowly is more likely to be succesful in the long run. Most people who go on diets that loose weight quickly usually gain it back and more when they stop and they always stop because such diets are not sustainable for the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
OMG! That sounds scary and painful!! Hope it heals fast!

Still crossfitting away here, not alot new with me.
Hey stranger, glad everything is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
OUCH!!! But I bet the hardest part is sitting around. You can always work that upper body - come on now - no slacking!!!

Congrats Bubsy73!! I think I saw you post that you were using the "My Fitness Pal" app. I'm there as caesarsmom if you want a friend Keep up the good work!!

10.4 lbs !!!

:happy anim:

Only 9.6 left to lose - or maybe more. This second 10 may get a little harder, but I'm more motivated

Need some suggestions for fish. I need to eat it, but I don't really care for it. I like Orange roughy cause it's not real fishy. Any other suggestions and recipes anyone might suggest? AND I don't want my house smelling like fish -
I'll grill it if I have to

Thanks as always CFD for your help and support
Looks like you've got this nailed, I'm impressed with your comitment and results, it seems hard at first but it gets easier and eventually becomes natural.

There may have been a recipie or two for fish in the group I posted a few pages back. I include fish in my diet but mostly Salmon, it is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. If you do try Salmon look for wild caught Salmon from cold waters, their fat content is better and more. One thing in buying fish, it tastes much better fresh, the rule is, if it smells fishy it's not fresh. Fish should smell more like the ocean than fishy.

When I cook Salmon I use Chef Paul Purdones Salmon Seasoning. It does have a bit of sodium in it but where as I buy most foods either low salt or salt free it doesn't have a negative effect. In fact, I'm sure everyone is familiar with electrolites, on e of which is in salt so some salt is needed but too much is not good. You're much better off buying everythind salt free and then adding your own so you can keep an eye on your intake.

Thanks everyone for your concern, I'm ok but quite soar. Stitches will be out by next weekend and I'll be right back at it.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #641
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I been maintaining healthy. I will be receiving my Nutra-Bullet blender Friday. I want to shake up some good healthy shakes and smoothies.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #642
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
11.6 LBS!!!

8.4 to go!!!

I haven't felt this good in a long long time. I'm even
looking forward to working out Once again, can't
thank you enough CFD

I'll be back next Wed with another update
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #643
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I'm still bummed I can't find a class & still battling lower back pain. I suspect from years of class 2-3 days a week now gone. It is just not the same trying to work out on your own. but I'm still eating well & losing fat. I haven't been on the scales lately but I can tell. That is all. Great work busby & Becky!

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 02-27-2013 at 10:47 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #644
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
11.6 LBS!!!

8.4 to go!!!

I haven't felt this good in a long long time. I'm even
looking forward to working out Once again, can't
thank you enough CFD

I'll be back next Wed with another update

This is great news. Before you know it you will have reached your goal, what's next?