Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
To answer everyones' questions about Camaros at Autoshows...

I love hearing from everyone - but I'm getting buried -- and I DO mean buried with PMs from sites asking about Camaros at Autoshows.

(and that's a good thing........... I think..........'cept that I don't have lots of time these days!..........)

Anywhoo:

To answer some questions:

We start building 'saleable' pilots in mid-December -- and THOSE are the cars we can open up and let you sit in..........

It's my intention (God willin' and the creek don't rise) to have a production Camaro at every auto show starting in mid to late January. (meaning -- if my saleable pilot cars get here -- I'll send 'em to shows.....)

We want to get cars out there just as SOON AS POSSIBLE.......because we want to sell LOTS of CAMAROS -- and we know that there are those who will not commit until they can actually sit in one.......MOREOVER -- an open Camaro on the showfloor draws people who may never have considered an American car -- let alone a Camaro......so TRUST ME when I say " WE WANT 'EM OUT THERE IN SHOWS!!!"

Now - that said........

.................we have given out unprecedented information on this car very early on....-- much sooner than anyone ever has..........

............the penalty for that is that it seems like it's taking FOREVER to get the cars out there........

IN reality - the 5th Gen Camaro will go from 'conception' to 'market' faster than the 1967 Camaro did!......................

IN closing -

THANK YOU -- sincerely - - for the passion and enthusiasm you continue to have for the Camaro -- we're grateful -- and we want to get them out there ASAP!!!!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
was my pm i just sent the straw that broke the camels back? if so im sorry
Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #3
Dom

Drives: 2000 Z28
Is it possible to have a Q&A thread where you enlighten us about the production car?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:36 PM   #4
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
Just a guess it was one of the five million others he probably received, I wonder how many times his mail server crashed.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #5
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I was going to PM you earlier Scott about the Houston Auto show when I saw you were on. But then I thought to myself.... Scott is a busy man Houston isn't till late January....I won't bother him till it gets closer and hopefully he will answer my other thread by then. Looks like I was right Thanks for all the great information you provide us with. And hopefully if all goes well in my life I will be doing my part in keeping GM afloat with the purchase of both a new Tahoe and a new Camaro
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Dom, most questions have been asked and answered already. I'm sure if you search you can find a topic that will probably answer 90% of your questions. Otherwise you can ask in a thread, and I know for a fact some of the great people here will be able to answer it to the best of our knowledge.

Keep up the good work Scott!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Awesome, I am hoping you can get one early enough to send to San Diego.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 AM   #8
rocknrollcali87

Drives: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro

I can't wait till the LA Auto Show, I want to see what the pre-production car looks like in person. I'll be comparing it to the concept alot.

It's 4 fat guys in a Geo up a hill, we can't go any faster!!
rocknrollcali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 AM   #9
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Fbodfather- Thank you very much in taking the time from your busy sched. to keep us informed about this awsome machine!!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 AM   #10
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
LOL

And thanks for the info Fbodfather.

Crowley
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.................we have given out unprecedented information on this car very early on....-- much sooner than anyone ever has..........

............the penalty for that is that it seems like it's taking FOREVER to get the cars out there........

IN reality - the 5th Gen Camaro will go from 'conception' to 'market' faster than the 1967 Camaro did!......................
I don't think that gets said often enough
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Speaking of Auto-Shows.... I went to the Seattle Auto Show yesterday.... saw the Bumble Bee Camaro for the first time.... and DAMN I have renewed vigor for this car. Pictures just can't show how the fenders flair and how the curves of the car look...

BUT the consolation.... I got to see it, and a ZR1 (very pretty car) and got pics of the CGM... I'M SO EXCITED now...

Being up here in the corner of the country we dont get all the cool stuff Texas, California and NY all get.... But its still very cool =-D
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
Fbodfather- Thank you very much in taking the time from your busy sched. to keep us informed about this awsome machine!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I don't think that gets said often enough

I would urge as many people out there with questions to "Search" before sending 'Father a message. I'm sure his PM box just gets inundated with messages and to have to repeat a message numerous amounts of times must be confusing as well as get a little frustrating at times (i.e. the headlight problem...) I'm not speaking for anyone, but I'd respectfully ask for people with questions to make sure they've "Search"-ed before sending question(s) to 'Father. I'm sure everyone could appreciate what a busy man he is

Again - JMVHO

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Ah well - I'm in the US in December (4th-8th) from the UK for my 30th. You've saved me hunting down a dealer but that's a little depressing.

Oh well, can't be helped!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote