Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
JetBlackStealth6687
Cannot Be Contained

Drives: 1999 323i
Noob's Future Project Car

Hello all

New here. Ive always been a Camaro man. Drove an '84 in college from 86-90. After I graduated, I drove a 1984 BMW 325e. It was a graduation present. I drove that till the wheels fell off in Sept of 98. Ive driven a 99 BMW 323i ever since. I drove THAT off the lot with 8 miles on the odometer.

Although Im not ready to purchase (newlywed HA HA HA), Im already formulating a plan of action. Since the modding of my current e46 only began 2-3 years ago. I believe that served a good template to apply to this future project.

First question. Ive already compiled a basic list of bolt on and cosmetic mods Id do to an LS camaro. So. If I were to mod the suspension (chassis brace, strut brace, antisways, coilovers) do any of these kits already come with upgraded trailing arms and if not, would I need them too? (Ive seen some really beefy ones from BMR)

Last edited by JetBlackStealth6687; 06-10-2011 at 11:43 AM.
JetBlackStealth6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 PM   #2
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hey there. Glad to see you've found Camaro5! There is a suspension section that's pretty well populated that can answer all your suspension related questions. At Pfadt Racing we have strut tower braces, sway bars, coilovers, subframe mounts, springs... from just drop kits to full road race suspension packages, and everything in between.

Here is a link to the suspension forum to get your feet wet: Camaro5 Suspension Forum and here is a link to our website: Pfadt Racing.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
JetBlackStealth6687
Cannot Be Contained

I wanted to introduce myself before posting my first question. So I killed two birds with one stone and do both here.

do any of your kits (antisway bar kits, maybe) come with upgraded trailing arms?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
We do have a fabricated rear trailing arm and toe control link package. The Fabricated arms are lighter and stronger than stock, and come with poly bushings for install. The rear trailing arm upgrade is huge for straight line acceleration, since the OEM rear trailing arm tends to deflect under cornering loads and hard acceleration.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
JetBlackStealth6687, CONGRATS on the car.....and seeing you in your avatar....I have to ask, where in Texas you are....that is if the picture was taken near where you live?.....as it looks VERY FAMILAR!! OH AND BTW.....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
JetBlackStealth6687
Cannot Be Contained

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
...the OEM rear trailing arm tends to deflect under cornering loads and hard acceleration.

exactly what I needed to know...I think I'll be purchasing MY trailing arms (when the time comes) from Pfadt Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
JetBlackStealth6687, CONGRATS on the car.....and seeing you in your avatar....I have to ask, where in Texas you are....that is if the picture was taken near where you live?.....as it looks VERY FAMILAR!! OH AND BTW.....Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
thanks for the welcome...I belong to three forums BimmerForums, ClubXterra and now Camaro5. One for each vehicle I (errrr, we) own or hope to own.

Each vehicle has a name, or more correctly, nickname. (different thread, I know) the BMW is named the Stealth. So named for the silver on titanium on black theme I ended up with after I was through modding. The wife's X is called The Duece. So named for the vanity plate which bears a "2" for differentiation's sake from mine. Mine = XXXXX Hers = XXXXX-2.

Once I pick up this Camaro. Who knows what nickname will materialize?

Yes, my UserName is a combo of my car's name along with its Color Code and Code # with a #7 thrown in cuz its my luck number. I was born on the 7th of Aug. Another way of looking at it is that the numbers are my birthday. yymd.

As for the pic, its a Correctional Facility south of San Antonio on IH35.

Uhhhh, you dont mind if stock the community fridge with some Shiner Blondes do you?

Last edited by JetBlackStealth6687; 06-10-2011 at 04:41 PM.