Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Chip Foose and Ford Teaming Up - USA Today

Anyone read the front page of USA Today? It appears as though the dwindling Ford sales have forced their upper management to come up with some better selling techniques. They hit the jackpot because Foose and Ford are teaming up to release a Foosified Ford F-150. He gets free reign to do what he pleases. Hell, I'd give him free reign too! The guys a genious! Check out the link. It's well worth the read.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...rd-cover_x.htm
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I agree Tag, Foose's work is "top notch".

I like the Foose Mustangs available through select Ford dealers. I tried talking my sister into one.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I might be mistaken but I thought I have already seen a Foose F-150.

No wait, it was Roush.

Poor ol Ford.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #4
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
This is the smartest thing ford has done since shelby! But might be to little to late for them...but only time will tell!
NOODLESgoneWILD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Foose already had a truck at NAIAS. That's why they are suspecting it to be a Ford F150 which is to be released.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:14 AM   #6
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
I might be mistaken but I thought I have already seen a Foose F-150.

No wait, it was Roush.

Poor ol Ford.
I thought it was Saleen!

I don't think it is too late for Ford, they will be around for awhile. This isn't the first time people predicted the end of Ford or American cars in general.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock36 View Post
I thought it was Saleen!

I don't think it is too late for Ford, they will be around for awhile. This isn't the first time people predicted the end of Ford or American cars in general.

Yeah, but Ford has also consistently posted the largest losses of its history year after year now. This is certainly unchartered territory for Ford, and how they handle things over the next few years will greatly impact whether the survive as a company.

My guess for a worst case scenario would be that Ford has to sell off various product lines, but will stay intact in one form or another. Either way, it will be a number of years before they are a major contender again.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Ford sure has had alot of outside help, saleen, roush, now foose, and sombody else I forget. Too bad its not doin em any good, as much of a Chevy fan as I am I would still rather have Ford around than a bunch of rice racers.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Yeah, but Ford has also consistently posted the largest losses of its history year after year now. This is certainly unchartered territory for Ford, and how they handle things over the next few years will greatly impact whether the survive as a company.

My guess for a worst case scenario would be that Ford has to sell off various product lines, but will stay intact in one form or another. Either way, it will be a number of years before they are a major contender again.

I agee with most of that, in fact I think I've read that they are considering selling Jaguar. Ford is still a major contender in my opinion, eventhough they were bumped out of the top three by Toyota. But the only real good news story is that Ford of Europe is doing really well.

I'm stationed in Germany right now and the Mondeo and Euro versions of the Focus are very popular. The Ford Ka and Fiesta are also driving around in huge numbers. I see them everywhere. Unfortunately those cars aren't as popular back in the states.

I have faith in Ford, and even though I am jumping ship to buy that Camaro when it comes out. I'm with IROC'em, I would rather have Ford around than race only ricers.

And the only other guy I can think of helping Ford is Shinoda with his Boss Shinoda Mustangs, but he isn't as popular as Saleen and Roush. Oh and Steeda is a huge aftermarket company for Mustangs and they produce a few tuned Mustangs themselves.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote