Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #99
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport

For whatever reason, this thread is starting to become rather hilarious!

....and NO! I have not been drinking!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #100
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
I say turn up the I pod and you will never know the diff.
Seriously though I believe it is healthy for us to critique this awesome vehicle that we own.We have a tendency to expect a lot out of this vehicle and we should.Dam It's a CAMARO right!Some of these little things irritate me too, but when I get behind the wheel and I am cruising down the road it puts a smile on my face like no other and all or most of my cares go away.I can only say that about a very few vehicles that I have owned.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #101
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Is this really a thread?
Old 03-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #102
coolman

I'm going to get plastic jeep doors for mine.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #103
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
You want to hear a cheap door? I went to the local autoshow recently and I will say, the worst...Toyota...it sounded like slamming two pop cans together. The Camaro, and many GM cars have, I feel, a very strong, smooth and quiet, robust door close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
Old 03-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #104
dave7378

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Never had it huh?

I didn't think it was all that either till I got used to it. To never have to touch your key is awesome.
Yeah, until your wife gets out of the car with the key in her purse. My wife's x-five has the keyless system. We went out to Target one night and I dropped her and the kids off at the front door and decided to go down the road to Sports Authority. I parked the car and as soon as I shut her down I realized I didn't have the key. Had to walk back to Target, what a PITA. My fault, I know.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #105
Gnarlygianni

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS
i agree it sounds as if it bobbles back and forth sounds hollow with something in it hitting each side. Close my moms audi and that sounds completely different. come on gm you did great with the camaro now just some minor touches !
Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #106
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeMan View Post
I don't know if its the window indexing but it just doesn't have a solid closing sound like a lot of other cars. I've had a couple of riders comment on the same thing.

Anyone else feel this way?
Are you serious? Mine sounds heavy and deep thud when I close it.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #107
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Mine closes like a bank vault door,verry,very solid.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #108
orange_5thgen

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS BadAss 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
Who cares. I may be grumpy this morning, but this could be the dumbest thread Ive read in 5 years.
+1

BUT I will say they sound fine to me. Don't sound cheap at all. Maybe its an earwax problem.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 AM   #109
revron

Drives: camaro 2lt rs auto silver
My camaro sounds very solid to me. I have had some cars that were prietty bad tho, every thing inside the doors rattled when you closed the door.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #110
StrangeMan

Drives: 2SS SIM/Blk
Send a message via Yahoo to StrangeMan
Half agree with me, half say its the greatest door on the planet.

I guess that later half is the same group that thinks the BA stereo is the best they have ever heard.

For those that suggested that its because the door has no frame and/or window indexing, thank you. I agree that must be the reason i hear a clunk then a slight rattle.

Please return to the very important
'my car smells like weed'
'how many waves did you get today'
'how much does it cost to fill your tank'
threads!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #111
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeMan View Post
Half agree with me, half say its the greatest door on the planet.

I guess that later half is the same group that thinks the BA stereo is the best they have ever heard.

For those that suggested that its because the door has no frame and/or window indexing, thank you. I agree that must be the reason i hear a clunk then a slight rattle.

Please return to the very important
'my car smells like weed'
'how many waves did you get today'
'how much does it cost to fill your tank'
threads!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #112
DSteck
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I just have to yeild to the experts. They say that R&D, even for materials and padding, to make a door seal shut with no ambient rattle, is gonna be expensive, and they have to pass the cost on to us.
I can tell you from experience that this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
Push button start is gay.
I beg to differ. I wish my TBSS had it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7378 View Post
Yeah, until your wife gets out of the car with the key in her purse. My wife's x-five has the keyless system. We went out to Target one night and I dropped her and the kids off at the front door and decided to go down the road to Sports Authority. I parked the car and as soon as I shut her down I realized I didn't have the key. Had to walk back to Target, what a PITA. My fault, I know.
Why would anybody but the driver have the keys? I love being able to get out of my car, never touch the key, and have it lock as soon as I walk away.

Look, people like the Camaro. It's definitely a cool car. However, you guys can't get soooooo pissed off any time somebody mentions a minute dislike about the car. Yes, it's not a $200,000 sports car, so people shouldn't expect it to feel like one... but that doesn't mean people aren't entitled to point out things they don't like and address them.

Lots of people change out the exhaust, or the intake, or the cam... obviously stock power just isn't good enough. Are the people that think the car is too slow from the factory just as big of a whiner? No. It's all about what's important to you. There is NOTHING wrong with finding all the little things you don't like and trying to fix them. This includes the tone of the exhaust, the power output of the car, the way the car looks, or the way it behaves in subtle tasks. Plenty of people would love to have their car "feel" like a BMW and still be a raw muscle car... nobody should have to just accept the way things are. Stop getting so bent out of shape.

To the people saying the door shutting sounds "solid"... that is vague. My Trailblazer's door sounds "solid" when it shuts... solid like a metal door smashing into place. My Corvette, however, is a soft thud. Like I said, go shut doors on various cars and just listen to what it sounds like. Some people want that soft sound when the door closes, and they want to know how to get it.

Closed Thread