Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
My dealer is great, just felt the need to tell everyone

yeah so it sucks I still don't have my car yet.. but my Salesman, hes cool he has been making sure to save me extra mint copies of all the promo material that comes in, and he called me the other day to come down and check out the dealer car. I went there last night and just played with it for about an hour, got a feel for the seats and stuff, driving position, played with the radio (wish I had a CD, couldnt pick up XM inside the delaership either) but it sounded good for Radio (BA system). Met another Camaro enthusiast as well, but she is waiting until later in the year to order, she pulled up in a 1992 RS.

What I really like though is how honest these guys are... The car is a Yellow 2LT with Sunroof, and they added the fuel door, mud guards, and the rubber trunk mat (I gotta get one), they had it all spelled out on the sheet in the window, and the car is for sale... for MSRP (plus those accessories obviously)! Just nice to see that when I hear about these dealer cars moving out the door for $5k+ over MSRP.

I told them the story about OldTimer too and they were flabberghasted.

PS the dealer is Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport, NY.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Great to hear that some dealers are still operating the right way!!!

My dealer...Sun Chevy...in McMurray has been amazing also!!

I will forever be a customer to them as a way to show my gratitude for the way they have been handling this whole situation.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #3
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
They are asking $3000 over MSRP for that car. Called yesterday and that's what I was told.
RPO_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
They are asking $3000 over MSRP for that car. Called yesterday and that's what I was told.
I looked at the tag in the windshield... I mean maybe I missed it but I don't recall seeing that, I was looking specifically for it.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
yeah so it sucks I still don't have my car yet.. but my Salesman, hes cool he has been making sure to save me extra mint copies of all the promo material that comes in, and he called me the other day to come down and check out the dealer car. I went there last night and just played with it for about an hour, got a feel for the seats and stuff, driving position, played with the radio (wish I had a CD, couldnt pick up XM inside the delaership either) but it sounded good for Radio (BA system). Met another Camaro enthusiast as well, but she is waiting until later in the year to order, she pulled up in a 1992 RS.

What I really like though is how honest these guys are... The car is a Yellow 2LT with Sunroof, and they added the fuel door, mud guards, and the rubber trunk mat (I gotta get one), they had it all spelled out on the sheet in the window, and the car is for sale... for MSRP (plus those accessories obviously)! Just nice to see that when I hear about these dealer cars moving out the door for $5k+ over MSRP.

I told them the story about OldTimer too and they were flabberghasted.

PS the dealer is Paul Conte Chevrolet in Freeport, NY.
I told my dealer about OldTimer and the $8,000 foolishness and he said without missing a beat "that's highway robbery". So while I was there he assured me over and over as stubborn as I was that I will not receive and markup. And this is a sales manager telling me this. He also had a sales rep make sure that if my car arrived and he wasn't there to call him if anyone tried to markup my car. I been thru the markup madness b4 when the 350Z came out. Believe it or not its dealers where I live that have marked up these cars from $10,000 to $12,000. And these aren't SS modelswe are talking about. These are the 1LT and 2LT models with the RS Package, no leather and no sunroof. So basically if you want those cars you are going to pay the price of an SS model for an LT RS. Thats bullsh*t
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #6
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
Great to hear that some dealers are still operating the right way!!!

My dealer...Sun Chevy...in McMurray has been amazing also!!

I will forever be a customer to them as a way to show my gratitude for the way they have been handling this whole situation.
i use to tow for AAA and i have towed quite a few cars out there and they have always been great about service and gettin the customers car right to the front of the line. i would have gone there but its about 25 minutes further out of my way then castriota and i have had no problems with them so far.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
All we ever hear is about the bad dealers. There are plent of really great ones out there.