Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-01-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
I talked to some of my connects at GM. And should the car have been stock this would have been without a question covered by GM's warranty.

Thats what bugs me is that a lot of these companies promise all of these warranties that "cover what GM will not anymore" . They just want to sell a product. Now I'm not knocking anyone in particular here because there are more than one aftermarket company out there that use "Charter warranty". And the products they are producing are good products and what not, but they should really clarify the warranty info.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
i just got a call from Chevy and they had a clutch and a 2nd gear failure on 2 different cars.

From what he told me and what i've told him was that they FULLY COVERED both of those 2 items and this is a BBB matter which will pass easily based on their (Charter) ToS which i've sent him a copy of. This is F-en sad that i have to go through all this.

Seriously hope no one else have to go through this.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
comm17
Racing Byrds

Drives: '16 BVM 2SS '10 IBM 2SS RS
Wow...sorry to hear this.

Thank you BECKY!!!
comm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #18
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Dang brother, this sucks...just know that we're here for ya brother!!!!
Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #19
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #20
Busy_Boi
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: RJT 2010 camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Busy_Boi
Makes you feel if its worth the hassel of getting a warranty. Sorry to here about this vinyljunkie and Mike at Haddad Motorsports is the best for what he did for you not to many people will take the stand for you like he did.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
longbeachss2010

Drives: black SS
do u think is worth getting a s/c and later void warranty or just stay stock. i wana just put lt headers and a cuztom tune. but im confuse now. i dont wana have
longbeachss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #22
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbeachss2010 View Post
do u think is worth getting a s/c and later void warranty or just stay stock. i wana just put lt headers and a cuztom tune. but im confuse now. i dont wana have
If its not your daily driver then i would suggest it. Nothing should go bad or wrong with any part of your car unless you drive it hard and such.

I think its worth it but you never know.

On the bright side im getting my car back on tuesday.

On a side note i love how this thread was moved. I posted on the california section since Vortech R&D was given out to mostly california folks. I dont know if this warranty was/is given out to anyone that purchased a SC from a retail store.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
longbeachss2010

well i looking aroung the forum to see if any one had have problems with lt headers besides codes. cause i have seen people having problems with cai.this is my weekend car.i will babysit my car if i get lt cause i dont want problems later.so ill be looking to see if i find a topic with issies.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #24
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
im really man about this. because my car had the same problem but i had second gear pop out and grind. they tried to void my warrenty because my tires are rated for 60k and my are near somewhat used. they tried to tell me that its void because i was burning tires...isnt the transmission suppose to hold the power? i mean. i only had exhaust done! thats not like 200rwhp added there..maybe 5. lmao. but i got my problems fixed. and should be pickiing her up today.

hope everything goes well for you bro! i would just give that third party company bad rep. give them bad reviews and such. because thats crap! i would had gone KRAZY if they havent covered it !

btw..your camaro looks nice drooling over that hood and paint job and front lip
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #25
vinyljunkie
SoCal C5 Family Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpanda305x View Post
im really man about this. because my car had the same problem but i had second gear pop out and grind. they tried to void my warrenty because my tires are rated for 60k and my are near somewhat used. they tried to tell me that its void because i was burning tires...isnt the transmission suppose to hold the power? i mean. i only had exhaust done! thats not like 200rwhp added there..maybe 5. lmao. but i got my problems fixed. and should be pickiing her up today.

hope everything goes well for you bro! i would just give that third party company bad rep. give them bad reviews and such. because thats crap! i would had gone KRAZY if they havent covered it !

btw..your camaro looks nice drooling over that hood and paint job and front lip

Thanks..i found out from the dealer that he's seen your same problem twice so far and one clutch blown and all COVERED under GM warranty. now i told him about mine and he wasnt surprised.

All in all everything worked out and getting her back tuesday.

BTW that pic of the car isnt mine but is what was shipped so itll look exactly like that with a few touch of my own.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #26
longbeachss2010

it will be ready tuesday. so at the end u paid for all the repairs. how much was the total cost
Old 07-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Dude...that totally sucks.

See, I am VERY interested in one supercharger in particular. However, they only cover their supercharger and no other parts (basically, the GM warranty part is dropped and the supercharger company wouldn't cover anything other than itself). I was looking into an aftermarket warranty to cover the rest of the vehicles powertrain if anything broke. I'm fine with doing that as once the stuff is installed, it stays.

I know Magnussen is SUPER strict with their warranties. I mean, (and I know this from one of the guys here), if you simply change the wheel size, they void the supercharger warranty and the aftermarket warranty could be voided too. THAT is one of my problems. See, I want to add the Supercharger, but I also want to do other stuff...like widen the rear wheels, drop the cars suspension, keep the Hurst, etc. I'm afraid any one of these could screw up that warranty. Oh, let's not forget that I have Long Tubes and full exhuast out the back.

I wonder if anyone would give me the warranty like yours (or any other like it with those mods).

So, if I understand correctly, Vortech got you the warranty. The warranty covers the cars powertrain due to the added supercharger. The tranny blew. They are saying it's because what? You drove it hard? Well, that is to be expected. So, that really can't be the issue...I'd think.

You didn't add anything else that could have screwed with it, right? Sorry, I haven't followed too much to see if you have done any other mods and it didn't say it in your sig. No headers? No change in airbox (CAI)? No change in tune/pulley? Those are like, the main things that could potentially jack with a warranty and cause them to not fix the issue.

Quote:
i just got a call from Chevy and they had a clutch and a 2nd gear failure on 2 different cars.

From what he told me and what i've told him was that they FULLY COVERED both of those 2 items and this is a BBB matter which will pass easily based on their (Charter) ToS which i've sent him a copy of. This is F-en sad that i have to go through all this.
If this is happening, then it IS a BBB problem. If it was something on your end to have messed with the warranty, then I'd hold off.

Either way, regardless, I sure as hell hope you get it fixed and they help you out. Sucks big time...and is one of those stories that concerns me when I begin to think about adding that extra 140hp
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #28
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
I think the only mods Sam has are the suoercharger and noweeds diverters.