Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
Local tire shops

Hey guys, just wondering if you can recommend any good tire shops that won't [screw] up my rims when it comes time to replace my tires and get a mount and balance. I spent hours on them and I really don't want to have to replace any when some dumb punk high schooler [screw]s one up on the balancer. :P

Thanks!
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Discount Tire on Highway 99 in Federal Way. Talk to Jessie. He used to hang around here under the name of MonsterV6, but has since sold his Camaro. He'll give you a good price. Make sure it's the one off Hwy 99 Between 320th and 312th, there are two in town.

Discount Tire 31414 Pacific Hwy South
Federal Way, WA 98003

(253) 946-0877

Make sure you mention Camaro5 when you talk to him
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
ForgedReality
Envy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
Discount Tire on Highway 99 in Federal Way. Talk to Jessie. He used to hang around here under the name of MonsterV6, but has since sold his Camaro. He'll give you a good price. Make sure it's the one off Hwy 99 Between 320th and 312th, there are two in town.

Discount Tire 31414 Pacific Hwy South
Federal Way, WA 98003

(253) 946-0877

Make sure you mention Camaro5 when you talk to him
Thanks! I'll check it out. Do you know if they use air tools? If that's the case, I'd rather just put the wheels back on myself. :P
Old 05-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
we are not all punk kids, some of us are actually very good at our jobs and have mounted wheels and tires worth 10x what your wheels are worth,go to any clean well maintained shop and be up front with your concerns and youll be fine.Some of us even own Camaros too
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #5
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
we are not all punk kids, some of us are actually very good at our jobs and have mounted wheels and tires worth 10x what your wheels are worth,go to any clean well maintained shop and be up front with your concerns and youll be fine.Some of us even own Camaros too
You are right 1 worker does some bad that makes every one bad. I had my tires changed at pep boys. They did a good job no marks or any thing but yet people said do not use pep boys.

Last edited by Caddyroger; 05-02-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Caddyroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
azrickster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM 6M #38916
I have always taken all my cars to Discount Tire.
We've only been in Oregon for about two months, but have always used Discount Tire with great results. They guarantee everything. We have chromed OEM rims with Pirelli's and I took the car in for a rebalanced before I left Phoenix.
Of the four tires, two of them needed to rotated for better ballance. Both rims got scratched on the dismount machine. I was mortified! But the manager immediately jumped on the phone and arranged to get me two brand new rims to the store within hours. The new rims were back on the car the same day - of course all at no charge. If they couldn't get them in that day, they were going to have them shipped to Oregon and arrange to have them installed here.

Rick

Last edited by azrickster; 05-05-2013 at 12:08 AM.
azrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedReality View Post
Thanks! I'll check it out. Do you know if they use air tools? If that's the case, I'd rather just put the wheels back on myself. :P
+1 for Jessie.. I bought my Rims/Tires from him.. he gave me great service and a great price.

They didn't mess up my wheels when they put them on the car.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
ForgedReality
Envy

Quote:
True, but that's why I want to make sure. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrickster View Post
I have always taken all my cars to Discount Tire.
We've only been in Oregon for about two months, but have always used Discount Tire with great results. They guarantee everything. We have chormed OEM rims with Pirelli's and I took the car in for a rebalanced before I left Phoenix.
Of the four tires, two of them needed to rotated for better ballance. Both rims got scratched on the dismount machine. I was mortified! But the manager immediately jumped on the phone and arranged to get me two brand new rims to the store within hours. The new rims were back on the car the same day - of course all at no charge. If they couldn't get them in that day, they were going to have them shipped to Oregon and arrange to have them installed here.

Rick
Glad it worked out for you, but YIKES! They screwed up two rims? See, that would not work for me. You can't just buy my rims, that's why I'm so concerned and trying to prevent that issue... :\

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEKFREEKSCOTTY View Post
+1 for Jessie.. I bought my Rims/Tires from him.. he gave me great service and a great price.

They didn't mess up my wheels when they put them on the car.
Sounds like I'll be sending my tires there from Tirerack. Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Quote:

Sounds like I'll be sending my tires there from Tirerack. Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Call Jessie first, he may be able to meet/beat their prices.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #10
firestone_ss

you know firestone is an authorized tire rack installer,in fact most big companies are,you should really take the time and just go in and talk to some techs,your making this wayyyyyy harder than it needs to be,we have all installed tires and wheels much more delicate that what your wanting done. Who in there right mind pays for shipping wheels and tires so they can get them mounted? try any Firestone for aprox 65 dollars we mount all 4 and balance,if we screw it up we will take care of it, and we even offer lifetime balance
Old 05-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
ForgedReality
Envy

Quote:
you know firestone is an authorized tire rack installer,in fact most big companies are,you should really take the time and just go in and talk to some techs,your making this wayyyyyy harder than it needs to be,we have all installed tires and wheels much more delicate that what your wanting done. Who in there right mind pays for shipping wheels and tires so they can get them mounted? try any Firestone for aprox 65 dollars we mount all 4 and balance,if we screw it up we will take care of it, and we even offer lifetime balance
If you screw it up, you're going to spend hours masking and repainting my rims? Doubtful. :P
Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #12
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
If you screw it up, you're going to spend hours masking and repainting my rims? Doubtful. :P
they would have to pay a body shop to do it. but it would still be on them.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #13
firestone_ss

of course not,we replace wheels we screw up, it just doesn't happen too often.Just Im sure you will be fine good luck and have faith brother
Old 05-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
azrickster

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM 6M #38916
In all fairness to Discount Tire, I have been going to them for years to take care of all my tire needs. I have never had a problem and always great service. My only complaint is sometimes I have to wait. The first time I ever had an issue was with the rims and they were all about making it right and quick. I would absolutely still go back.
azrickster is offline   Reply With Quote