Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Beware of "Internet Pricing"

I am the new owner of a 2015 Camaro 2SS and believe I got a pretty good deal but it was not easy. Viewing the dealership websites leads you to believe they are instantly going to knock about $4500 of the price. There really is nothing that directly points out you only get that if you meet a whole bunch of criteria. In my case they wanted Farm Bureau Insurance, USAA Membership, previous GM owner, and a couple others. If I didn't have those they were starting at $2000 higher than Internet price. I started a social media campaign and posted my displeasure on their Facebook page. Made enough of a stink that they ended up having to honor all the rebates even though I qualified for none of them. Moral of the story is that you should never just roll over and take what they are willing to give you. If you make enough of a fuss you can end up coming out with a decent price on a new car.

P.S. Every single person I dealt with at the dealership flat out admitted that the website advertising is very deceptive. They basically told me that GM forces them to do that. Not sure I totally believe that but whatever.
zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #2
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS
Thanks for sharing. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Internet Prices are such BS!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
They are car dealers, somebody has to pay for the lights and staff.
The best case you can hope for is you don't feel completely violated, they will always make $$$.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Good for you.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:08 AM   #6
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
most dealers websites say something in small print that to get that price you need "all of these"
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 AM   #7
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Internet pricing works great, you just have to shop around. Most dealers have an Internet department now (or might be the fleet dept), you can find the contact info or a form on their web site to request a quote.

Do that with all the dealers in your area telling them exactly the model options and color and asking for their best price. Then wait for the quotes to come back.

Pick the best match on price and options. Great thing about this is it can be done in about the same amount of time spent as going into a dealer and trying to get their best price on one car.

Avoid single sourced pricing if you are shopping on price. Using this strategy is how I got my 1le for nearly $8k off sticker.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #8
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Internet pricing works great, you just have to shop around. Most dealers have an Internet department now (or might be the fleet dept), you can find the contact info or a form on their web site to request a quote.

Do that with all the dealers in your area telling them exactly the model options and color and asking for their best price. Then wait for the quotes to come back.

Pick the best match on price and options. Great thing about this is it can be done in about the same amount of time spent as going into a dealer and trying to get their best price on one car.

Avoid single sourced pricing if you are shopping on price. Using this strategy is how I got my 1le for nearly $8k off sticker.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #9
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
That's the nature of sales, though. If you're the classy guy that lists real prices online, everyone will go to the next dealer over because their prices are less. You'll find yourself out of business for being honest while everyone complains about the liars and thieves from where they bought their cars.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote