Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
TDS-SS

Drives: 2008 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
New Member - First Post. Just saw Camaro 1st time in person yesterday.

After visiting this site for over a year I decided it was time to join. I talked to a local Chevy dealer a couple of weeks ago and had him price out a 2SS, RS, sunroof, Victory Red, polished wheels. He said he would order the car for MSRP, $500.00 deposit. I told him I did not want to order one until I saw one in person.

Late yesterday I got a call at work from the salesman. He said that they had received a presold unit, and I could come by and look at it. I went to the dealer and the salesman led me through the showroom into the service area (which was closed). As we walked through the service area I was wondering "where is the car". Then, in the far left corner of the service area was a victory red 2SS with polished rims and the aero package. It was not a RS.

I have spent a good portion of the last year looking at every Camaro picture I could find on the internet. To be honest, I was slightly turned off by the interior pictures I had seen.

When I saw the car I thought I had died and gone to heaven !!!

After seeing the car in person, the only thing I can say is that this car is incredible!!!! You can look at 1000 pictures on the internet and you cannot appreciate this car until you see it in person. The car was locked, so I was not able to sit in it. However, I saw enough of the interior to know that I liked it.

The salesman told me they were initially allocated 7 units, and they were all sold. He said they could get more allocation at any time. I told him when he received more allocation to call me and I would place my order.

This is a great site......... a lot a really good information is here.
TDS-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Glad to have ya here ... And yes, you are 100% correct, pictures of these cars do NO justice.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Amen, you don't truly know the Camaro until you get to see it in person! Welcome to the site!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
That's how I felt this past weekend when ordering mine I even mentioned that to the dealer, and he said there were a lot of people who'd felt that way after seeing their lot car in person.

And now..to wait!
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Seeing it is one thing....DRIVING it is another and that's when you truly realize how great this car really is.

Welcome to the site!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Pictures do NOT do the interior justice, in person it looks so much better.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Seeing it is one thing....DRIVING it is another and that's when you truly realize how great this car really is.

Welcome to the site!
Very true... though I almost wished I hadn't test drove that 1LT, now I'm itching to drive it again lol!
Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
GMtothecore
"That Guy"

Drives: Camaro SS...........what else?
Location: OOOOOOOklahoma where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains.
Welcome to the 2010 Camaro "droolers" forum..lol. I have been holding off from looking at one up close...(since last october at the Texas State Fair Auto Show). This might sound corny but I don't care...I want it to be somewhat special and not to mention FREAKIN' AWESOME when I get mine and sit in it for the first time. It's taking incredible willpower to not chase one down to check it out more closely...like I'm sure some of you out there have done...lol. Or go to a dealership where I know there are some sitting. But anyway, I'll just continue the wait, that way I will EXPLODE when I see mine.