Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
Therealbigrich

Drives: 2020 1SS
Thinking about taking the SS step

I have a LT2 Camaro with almost all the features I can think of . Right now I am paying 400 a month for it and realized that at the same interest rate that I'm at now I can afford a SS . The KBB is saying I can get 18500 for my car but I just got in a hit and run o my carfax will show that its been in a accident. What I'm asking is what is the likely hood I can get 20k for my car so that I can get a SS?
Therealbigrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #2
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealbigrich View Post
I have a LT2 Camaro with almost all the features I can think of . Right now I am paying 400 a month for it and realized that at the same interest rate that I'm at now I can afford a SS . The KBB is saying I can get 18500 for my car but I just got in a hit and run o my carfax will show that its been in a accident. What I'm asking is what is the likely hood I can get 20k for my car so that I can get a SS?

Not gonna happen, dealers will rape you on your car because there are 6cyl new Camaro's out there for $20k and less.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #3
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
True ! But what year is your Camaro?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:19 PM   #4
Therealbigrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
True ! But what year is your Camaro?
its a 2012 . I would like to get another 12 under 36k so it still has a little bumper to bumper warranty .
Old 03-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
You'll get between 16-18k for your car tops.

If you can afford it I'd say go for it!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #6
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
If the car say accident on the carfax then you may be looking around 14k for trade in but you never know. As far as the SS, as long as you can afford it without breaking the bank then go for it, will paying more for gas along with other things.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #7
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
its a 2012 . I would like to get another 12 under 36k so it still has a little bumper to bumper warranty .
Oh, ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
If the car say accident on the carfax then you may be looking around 14k for trade in but you never know. As far as the SS, as long as you can afford it without breaking the bank then go for it, will paying more for gas along with other things.
This! But take it to a dealer and see that's the only way to know for sure because most dealers don't go by KBB they do whole sale! Some even give more than KBB ! So it could work either way ! The accident might not even show up!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #8
Therealbigrich

That's true I will likely take it to a dealer with a SS that I like and get it appraised. I know I can afford the car note for a SS just depends on how old and how many miles I get . would anyone recommended getting a 2010 with about 40k miles
Old 03-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #9
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
About a month before I traded my v6 in, I had an accident. Wife hit a curb and messed up enough of the front end components that it was way more then deductible so I filed on insurance to get it fixed. Idk if that would show on carfax but it didn't, there was no paint/body work damage tho. Anyway, I went to a dealer that had the 1LE I wanted and at first they tried to lowball me on trade-in, until I was like "you guys don't want to sell me a car then", they then worked with me until I was happy enough to except the trade in and get the 1le. They should work with you! Maybe stop by a Carmax if there is one near, they give you free printed out appraisal, you could use it as maybe a baseline of what you would expect give or take. Good luck!
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 PM   #10
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
That's true I will likely take it to a dealer with a SS that I like and get it appraised. I know I can afford the car note for a SS just depends on how old and how many miles I get . would anyone recommended getting a 2010 with about 40k miles
Nothing wrong with a 2010 with those miles because that's low miles for that year ! As long as everything else sounds, looks and feels fine! I wouldn't hesitate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
About a month before I traded my v6 in, I had an accident. Wife hit a curb and messed up enough of the front end components that it was way more then deductible so I filed on insurance to get it fixed. Idk if that would show on carfax but it didn't, there was no paint/body work damage tho. Anyway, I went to a dealer that had the 1LE I wanted and at first they tried to lowball me on trade-in, until I was like "you guys don't want to sell me a car then", they then worked with me until I was happy enough to except the trade in and get the 1le. They should work with you! Maybe stop by a Carmax if there is one near, they give you free printed out appraisal, you could use it as maybe a baseline of what you would expect give or take. Good luck!
I was gonna say Carmax too ! Even though, they tried to piss me off by offering me 18k for my 13 LT/RS BRM with only 2k plus miles on it !
Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #11
Therealbigrich

Well I realized I have even less miles on my car than I thought so maybe I can get the 20k trade in I wanted. Right now I'm at about 34k so I'm still under basic warranty the problem I might run into is am I willing to give up things that the 1SS might not have like heads up display and heated seats for a older car with possibly more miles. The only way I will do this is if the car is certified thought that will at least give me 12 k miles of warranty
Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 AM   #12
Therealbigrich

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...93208061&Log=0

Right now I'm looking at this car. Its basically the same car just SS and older
Old 03-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #13
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quote:
Well I realized I have even less miles on my car than I thought so maybe I can get the 20k trade in I wanted. Right now I'm at about 34k so I'm still under basic warranty the problem I might run into is am I willing to give up things that the 1SS might not have like heads up display and heated seats for a older car with possibly more miles. The only way I will do this is if the car is certified thought that will at least give me 12 k miles of warranty
I wouldn't pull the trigger unless it's something you really want! Don't get it just because it's an SS. If you want all the things the 2ss has, then hold off and get the 2SS. There are deals everywhere, and you will have the car for awhile. I bet anything that if you get the 1SS, based off what you're saying, youre going to be driving it thinking," yes it's faster, has an amazing sound, but it's cold af, wish I would have gotten heated seats, or had this or that". If you trade up, don't give up. I waited almost a year, before I finally found the one. Plus I don't think heads up came in 2010, could be wrong.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #14
Therealbigrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
I wouldn't pull the trigger unless it's something you really want! Don't get it just because it's an SS. If you want all the things the 2ss has, then hold off and get the 2SS. There are deals everywhere, and you will have the car for awhile. I bet anything that if you get the 1SS, based off what you're saying, youre going to be driving it thinking," yes it's faster, has an amazing sound, but it's cold af, wish I would have gotten heated seats, or had this or that". If you trade up, don't give up. I waited almost a year, before I finally found the one. Plus I don't think heads up came in 2010, could be wrong.
The leather and heated seats are nice but not needed for me . The heads up display I would really miss but I its the power and sound I would feel would more than make up for it. I'll go and test drive this Camaro near me and get a quote push come to shove I will just start saving up for the 16 SS