Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
transformers edition..

So the camaro I test drove a couple weeks ago was a 2ss manual transformers edition. I thought it was pretty cool, But I am a big fan of the movies only because of all the cool GM cars in it. The fact that the first one had a neat story to it made it better. But all my freinds think its borderline nerdy to drive one that looks exactly like the movie. I didnt thing so at first, but then I read some posts on here that agree with them, and am kinda in the middle now. I went from Gotta have it to sorta like it. Orange is my favorite color on the camaro. but I cant find any around here in orange with the options I want. But whats everybodys take on it? IM not a nerd, and I try my damnist to not be one. I hate star wars, star treck, lord of the rings, harry pottor, any of those stupid fads. I thought transformers was cool since it was all action and about cool cars and such. But I guess not.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
tmurphycardesign
Tmurphycardesign

Drives: 17 ss 1LE arctic blue
i think that a car is a big purchase, and u should not be so concerned with what others think, this is YOUR future car....if u like the transformers edition one get that one...if u like another color get that........
tmurphycardesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
If you want an orange transformers edition, do it. Just order an orange one with no stripes. Then get the parts from GM. The autobot fender symbols, the transformers stripes, the door sills, the center caps, and finally the arm rest.

All of these parts are available. I have all but the stripes, and the fender emblems on my RJT. I decided I was going for Cliffjumper and not Bumblebee.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #4
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
I loved the yellow when the movie came out. When I ordered, I considered IOM but my BF told me to stick with yellow because I was talking about getting yellow for 2 years. I added the Transformer package @ 3 weeks after I ordered it. You've seen it so you know it's subtle enough that it doesn't "jump" off the car. I found a lot of people don't even notice the autobot logo under Camaro on the front fenders. It's probably borderline nerdy to about 1% of the people that will see it. More people love it than not and the reactions you get driving it around are indescribable and certainly worth the package.

IMO - get the TF and trade it for a 2011 IOM if you decide you don't like it.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Chevyg1rl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
If you want an orange transformers edition, do it. Just order an orange one with no stripes. Then get the parts from GM. The autobot fender symbols, the transformers stripes, the door sills, the center caps, and finally the arm rest.

All of these parts are available. I have all but the stripes, and the fender emblems on my RJT. I decided I was going for Cliffjumper and not Bumblebee.
This is a really good idea but not all of the parts are available. I've been trying to get a set since I got my car.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #6
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Get the one that you want, and to heck with what everybody else thinks!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
So the camaro I test drove a couple weeks ago was a 2ss manual transformers edition. I thought it was pretty cool, But I am a big fan of the movies only because of all the cool GM cars in it. The fact that the first one had a neat story to it made it better. But all my freinds think its borderline nerdy to drive one that looks exactly like the movie. I didnt thing so at first, but then I read some posts on here that agree with them, and am kinda in the middle now. I went from Gotta have it to sorta like it. Orange is my favorite color on the camaro. but I cant find any around here in orange with the options I want. But whats everybodys take on it? IM not a nerd, and I try my damnist to not be one. I hate star wars, star treck, lord of the rings, harry pottor, any of those stupid fads. I thought transformers was cool since it was all action and about cool cars and such. But I guess not.
Get what you want YOU will be paying for it and who cares what your friends think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurphycardesign View Post
i think that a car is a big purchase, and u should not be so concerned with what others think, this is YOUR future car....if u like the transformers edition one get that one...if u like another color get that........
So is the TF3 Camaro a convertible? A yes or no will do.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #8
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I got one of each ... Everyone seems to love and envy both !!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #9
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
I had the same issue you do - I wanted that car the second I saw it in the films, before I even knew what it was....and when it came out and I was hoping to buy I knew I wanted the bumblebee....
Then I got hit with the realization that even tho it's hot I'd be associated with the film forever...did I want to do that? (Mind you this was before I knew there was a TE out...that would have made it a bit more awesome to ahve the yellow....)...I'm not a huge nerd (I heart alot of the things you list as 'nerdy' LOL - but I know next to nothing about the transformers universe aside from the hotass car in the flick )

I ended up falling in love with my RJT and I wouldn't trade her for anything....tho if I had the money I wouldn't say no to a TE one too...

Guess it just depends - can you see yourself driving a yellow car forever? (ok, for a while anyway) Do you always want to be associated with the movie??
If you don't have issues with either then go for it....

Part of me still wants one...but I heart my baby and won't trade her in...
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #10
cyber_satan

Drives: Red Dragon
i think paying extra for Transformers edition is not a good move ...
you can get all the badges etc for a couple of hundered dollars !
i really wanted to buy the transformers edition .. but simply i ordered all the products .. from Malaysia aka ebay .. and i have a red Camaro which is a DECEPTICON edition .. and it looks sick ..

honestly i dont think its a good move
cyber_satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #11
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyg1rl View Post
This is a really good idea but not all of the parts are available. I've been trying to get a set since I got my car.
What isn't available? The center console was on backorder but it is here now.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_satan View Post
i think paying extra for Transformers edition is not a good move ...
you can get all the badges etc for a couple of hundered dollars !
i really wanted to buy the transformers edition .. but simply i ordered all the products .. from Malaysia aka ebay .. and i have a red Camaro which is a DECEPTICON edition .. and it looks sick ..

honestly i dont think its a good move
Links, I would like to get a backup set?
Old 04-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #13
Chevyg1rl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
What isn't available? The center console was on backorder but it is here now.
Driver's side hood stripe
Part no. 92242453. Has been on backorder since January. I'm told that GM may not produce or make available this part in future.

Last edited by Chevyg1rl; 04-20-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: include part no.
Chevyg1rl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #14
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
Links, I would like to get a backup set?
on the links....
I'm curious about them....hmm.. would amuse me a little..
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote