Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #295
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Jordan,

Great observation on the OE Dual-Cast CTZ-V rotors. They flat out work and are budget friendly.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #296
Virus

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Any update when the 6 pot rb calipers are coming out?
Old 07-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #297
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Any update when the 6 pot rb calipers are coming out?
i will be at RacingBrake in the next week or so and will ask.

I will have a review of a new product from them after my track weekend on 27-28...dun dun duuuuuuunnn

i know some of us have been waiting for this product cant wait to show pictures and give feedback!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #298
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Jordan,

Great observation on the OE Dual-Cast CTZ-V rotors. They flat out work and are budget friendly.
They work with the OEM pistons brembo?

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #299
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
They work with the OEM pistons brembo?
CTS-V 6 pot OEM calipers.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #300
SPCBA

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375831842.785118.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  69.5 KB
bigger pads

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375831863.116910.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  88.1 KB
booooooooom

caliper will be anodized to help mitigate that burnt golden yellow color for those that track car well errr aggressively.

bigger pads with pistons properly places to be in middle of pad. no more dust boots to burn because of properly made caliper and piston. lighter, prettier, overall better than brembo oem.

i hope there is a zl1 or someone with ctsv/zl1 brakes at fontana this weekend so i can see whats what when compared to those.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #301
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Attachment 542070
bigger pads

Attachment 542071
booooooooom

caliper will be anodized to help mitigate that burnt golden yellow color for those that track car well errr aggressively.

bigger pads with pistons properly places to be in middle of pad. no more dust boots to burn because of properly made caliper and piston. lighter, prettier, overall better than brembo oem.

i hope there is a zl1 or someone with ctsv/zl1 brakes at fontana this weekend so i can see whats what when compared to those.
But I love that burnt golden yellow color

I am betting you'll know the difference after one hot lap. To keep everyone on track could you tell us again about your current brake setup and why you wanted to upgrade?
Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #302
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Attachment 542070
bigger pads

Attachment 542071
booooooooom

So, are these the 6 piston setup they have been working on for the 5th gen?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #303
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
so, the real difference between the op and post 283 would be the pad application?

a set of the rb rotors and say some hawk hp plus pads would be great?
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #304
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
But I love that burnt golden yellow color

I am betting you'll know the difference after one hot lap. To keep everyone on track could you tell us again about your current brake setup and why you wanted to upgrade?
i have ss lines...dot4 fluid...racingbrake rebuild caliper kit, racing brake pads, oem calipers, racing brake rotors. the caliper will be new, also i have a brake duct set up waiting for install that will use the bottom light on zl1 front fascia.

being an auto on a road course and driving very aggressively gets me in trouble with heat....mainly dust boots and pushing the pad past its heat range. looking to lose more unsprung weight and lose the dust boots. plus having a properly designed caliper made with precision with a bigger better fitting better placed pad
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
So, are these the 6 piston setup they have been working on for the 5th gen?
no 4 pots...they have the ctsv size rotors already and may either do a caliper to fit that or figure a way to get a bigger 6pot and rotor on there...think gtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefrog View Post
so, the real difference between the op and post 283 would be the pad application?

a set of the rb rotors and say some hawk hp plus pads would be great?
not sure of the difference you are asking op was just about 2 piece rotors...my latest post was about a lightweight caliper with bigger pads.

i think hawk hp+ are to much for street and junk for track. dont know how you drive or what you drive on. rb rotors are truly a work of art and have function and form.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #305
Virus

Can't wait for the 6 pots
Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #306
SPCBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Can't wait for the 6 pots
me neither. they are going to be works of art...RB Team just needs to decide which direction to go. They dont like shortcuts.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #307
Virus

Quote:
me neither. they are going to be works of art...RB Team just needs to decide which direction to go. They dont like shortcuts.
All the better. They going to or do they already have 4 pot rears to match the fronts when I buy their 6 pot ?
Old 08-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #308
Treefrog
U235 is fun!

Drives: CGM 2SS/M6
Quote:
not sure of the difference you are asking op was just about 2 piece rotors...my latest post was about a lightweight caliper with bigger pads.

i think hawk hp+ are to much for street and junk for track. dont know how you drive or what you drive on. rb rotors are truly a work of art and have function and form.
My last track day I lost my brakes at Atlanta Motorsports park.. Peddle went to the floor.. I had some brake fade but still enough brake to make the anti-lock function.. That is until several laps in and the end of the straight there.. So, I was E-brake and into the runoff area.. car filled w/ sand.. haha

Anyway, I was ignorant and ignored my brakes not knowing they were the weak link.. I don't wanna be in that place again..

I am sold on the RB rotors.. I plan to buy a set.. But the difference in your testimonial of the OP and post #283 (I think it was) are polar opposites.. I'm wondering if the difference could be brake pad only related.. I have little doubt of the functionality of the rotors..

If the OE calipers and a set of RB rotors will do what you say with a proper pad.. That is what I want to do as I think it will suit my needs.. I don't consider myself a good enough driver to require the 6pot setup.. Besides, I have my OE calipers power coated and I really like them.. haha
Treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote