Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #29
GrimKeeper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Yes, and I'm very sure it is my fault.The first set of rims they sent, with tires mounted, would not fit. The package was supposed to fit and was one Tire Rack recommended. The RS lug nuts are pretty narrow. Had to send the first set back and get new rims/tires. Talked with the Tire Rack people for an hour on the phone. The new set with long narrow lugs fit perfect. But they had to pay to take the first set back and ship new ones.
rmpackers - well thanks for being the guinnea pig for the rest of us.

Do you mind confirming which rims and tires you ended up with and what the total cost was? Without being able to look online it make it tough to choose.
GrimKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #30
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimKeeper View Post
rmpackers - well thanks for being the guinnea pig for the rest of us.

Do you mind confirming which rims and tires you ended up with and what the total cost was? Without being able to look online it make it tough to choose.
I'm always glad to help!
I got the 18" Pirelli Scorpion Ice and snow, 18" MODA rims, but I'll have to look up the final cost and post later. I got BigWorm Graphix to make me some black stickers with silver bow ties on them to cover up the MODA on the center of the wheel! The tires really have a big bite tread. The handling is very good, maybe a little firmer ride than the 20s.
Odd though, the Tire Rack guy kept trying to sell me the Blizzaks because the Pirellis are supposedly not rated for ice and snow?! Huh!? We really don't drive on snow much, it melts or is removed and our average snow fall is about 28-34 inches.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #31
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

OK, here is the scoop: 245/55HR SCORP Ice&Snow $169 each=$676 MODA EB1 rims@$124 each=$496 4 Tire monitor sensors=$228 Shipping=$114 Total=$1530.11
Price for husband screaming at you for spending more money on that car again: Priceless!!!
Delivery was very fast, talk to Cy @Tire Rack, thats who we talked to, let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Old 11-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
Sajonf

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
I have a set of stock Midnight Silver 20s with Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow winter tires for sale. Tires are brand new and the wheels are lightly used. Mounted, balanced and ready to install.

$1600 + shipping.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51861
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #33
GrimKeeper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
OK, here is the scoop: 245/55HR SCORP Ice&Snow $169 each=$676 MODA EB1 rims@$124 each=$496 4 Tire monitor sensors=$228 Shipping=$114 Total=$1530.11
Price for husband screaming at you for spending more money on that car again: Priceless!!!
Delivery was very fast, talk to Cy @Tire Rack, thats who we talked to, let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Thanks for the information rmpackers. That is very helpful.

I noticed today that Tirerack.com has updated their site and the information is available again. They have split the LS, LT and SS into separate Models on the drop down and then have the RS as a package under 'Additional Model Info'. Back to shopping....
GrimKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #34
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimKeeper View Post
Thanks for the information rmpackers. That is very helpful.

I noticed today that Tirerack.com has updated their site and the information is available again. They have split the LS, LT and SS into separate Models on the drop down and then have the RS as a package under 'Additional Model Info'. Back to shopping....
As you're shopping - here's the link to my thread on the Bridgestone Blizzaks - 20" (which I went with) or 18", and the feedback I got from others who have experience with the Blizzaks from other cars...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41966

So far on dry roads they're pretty quiet from my last recollection of what snow tires sounded like and on wet roads they definately have more traction than the summer Pirellis. No snow experience yet and intend to not drive if at all possible when it snows...
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjd24 View Post
As you're shopping - here's the link to my thread on the Bridgestone Blizzaks - 20" (which I went with) or 18", and the feedback I got from others who have experience with the Blizzaks from other cars...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41966

So far on dry roads they're pretty quiet from my last recollection of what snow tires sounded like and on wet roads they definately have more traction than the summer Pirellis. No snow experience yet and intend to not drive if at all possible when it snows...
The local tire guys told us the Blizzaks are the best, but the Fbodfather told me to get the Pirellis and the Fbodfather must be obeyed!
Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #36
LS7 FTW

Drives: Black 2LT Camaro!!!
Stock 2lt Wheels ok for cold weather?

I ordered a 2lt camaro with the stock rims and tires. Im planning on buying the 21 in rims by them selves for the car later so is it ok if I use the stock rims and tires for the winter? Are they even ok to use during the winter or do they just turn into hard rubber like the RS tires? Allso i live in Texas so it never really snows much just ice now and then for like a week or two.
LS7 FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #37
strobi
MJ STROH

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LTRS
got 4 LS steel rims (18" heritage) on ebay for $300, put on Pirelli 245x55x18 Scorpion snow and ice tires from tire rack $169 each ready for winter!
strobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:32 AM   #38
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 FTW View Post
I ordered a 2lt camaro with the stock rims and tires. Im planning on buying the 21 in rims by them selves for the car later so is it ok if I use the stock rims and tires for the winter? Are they even ok to use during the winter or do they just turn into hard rubber like the RS tires? Allso i live in Texas so it never really snows much just ice now and then for like a week or two.
If I understand you correctly, you want to drive the performance tires in the Texas winter. I have an RS so thus the perormance tires. If you search the threads you will get both opinions. I drove in some slush one day in 26 degree weather before I had the Scorp Ice/Snow, I didn't have any trouble, but I would think that if you have a lot of ice, you would want a better grip. IMHO
Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #39
LS7 FTW

Drives: Black 2LT Camaro!!!
I actually just want to know if the reglular non RS wheels from a V6 are ok to use during the winter? Are the stock (non RS wheels) summer tires like the RS tires?
LS7 FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
you gots to pay to play.
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote