Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Drives: '11 Camaro LS M6,'09 Daytona 675
Rider Graphix

Are they a sponsor on the forum? I purchased the black bow tie decals for my LS, the rear one went on flawlessly, the front one did not fit. It was about a half inch too small on the left and right side, I sent them an email to see what we could do to fix this, but I have gotten no response. I was hoping they are on here and someone from that company could reach out to me.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/ad_thesponsors.php

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
you probably have to heat it up to stretch it to fit(awkward angle).
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Thank you sir.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

@silver bullet, there was nothing in the instructions about heat, just some soapy water and a squeegee. Already sent em a pm.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I just used a square piece of vinyl. heated, stretched it on, then used a razor to trim the edges.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

Well after PMing with Brian from rider, there is essentially nothing they can do to help me. He assured me that there is no way that it was too small, because they are computer cut, and apparently computers never make a mistake. He says because I do not have the original piece to give back to him to analyze there is nothing he can do. Now i understand not getting a free replacement because I don't have the original incorrectly fitting piece, but a discount on a new front piece or something would have been nice. He also seemed to accuse me of damaging the original piece, or giving it away. I find that to just be terrible customer service. Needless to say I will never be purchasing from them again.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
hmmm, seems similar to my experience, while i freely admit i made a mistake in appying mine - i found the directions lacking and ended up doing mine wrong. when i contacted him about trying to see what he could do about getting me just the side (gills) that i needed, he wanted me to pay full price for both sides again - which i found over priced to begin with but felt i would support a vendor. i came to the same conclusion - i will not give them my business again. he lost a customer due to 3 tiny slices of vinyl. BTW i went to ebay, got a set (both sides) for half the price, AND the directions were better, and they went on w/o any issues.

last time i bought vinyl on here (i believe it was from black10 - chauffe performance i think), he sent a free replacement AND sent little bonus SS stickers. the guy stood by his product, worked with me to get it right and over delivered. quite a difference in approaches.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
Lethal_8
Frequent Lurker

@caper yeah those directions were confusing, I was just so taken aback they he was convinced that I must have done something wrong. I'm going to have to check out chauffe, I wasnt looking for freebies, just some sort of help. I'm glad I wasn't the only one this happened to. I ended up taking off the front bow tie and taping and painting it, which wasn't really a big deal, but I didn't really wanna go thru the hassle.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #10
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
I wasnt to happy with rider graphix, but some people have been. It just depends. I only buy local now.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #11
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I priced around before I bought decals and I didn't like the response I got from the compared to the others. Everyone else offered discounts for forum members while I get pretty much a big F U from them cuz I'm not a dealer doing bulk purchases and their prices where higher to start with. Overall I just didn't get a good feeling from them so I had no desire to do business with them, clearly their customer service sucks. Contrast that to bigworm where I bought my emblems overlays where they had a youtube video showing how to put it on and it is a little tricky putting it on the front and does require heat. Plus since it is tricky to lay this over the 3d front emblem and you are likely to screw it up bigworm gives you two fronts at no additional charge.

I got the rest of my decals from the camaro decal store. Both places far exceeded rider's customer service. And both were much cheaper and both offered discounts to forum members. So look up camarodecalstore.com and bigwormgraphics.com and skip rider like I did.
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #12
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aron77 View Post
I priced around before I bought decals and I didn't like the response I got from the compared to the others. Everyone else offered discounts for forum members while I get pretty much a big F U from them cuz I'm not a dealer doing bulk purchases and their prices where higher to start with. Overall I just didn't get a good feeling from them so I had no desire to do business with them, clearly their customer service sucks. Contrast that to bigworm where I bought my emblems overlays where they had a youtube video showing how to put it on and it is a little tricky putting it on the front and does require heat. Plus since it is tricky to lay this over the 3d front emblem and you are likely to screw it up bigworm gives you two fronts at no additional charge.

I got the rest of my decals from the camaro decal store. Both places far exceeded rider's customer service. And both were much cheaper and both offered discounts to forum members. So look up camarodecalstore.com and bigwormgraphics.com and skip rider like I did.

ARH 1 7/8 headers, ARH 3" XPIPE, MBRP 3" Catback
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote