Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #43
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Wind direction.. was he passing gas at the same time? That could add to rear boost.....
I read somewhere if you did that, to get the correct number, you would have to divide by 3.14159 . Some of the number equations in this thread, reminds me of, 'thePill!'
Old 06-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #44
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
you'd be surprised how many tickets get thrown out when you show up with a lawyer. find a local guy and pay his $100-$200 fee to get rid of the points. One ticket aint gonna kill you.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #45
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
You're doing all this for a 7 over ticket?

Really?
No, i said that the only other thing on my record is a 7 over ticket.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #46
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
For those of you saying pay the ticket...I don't know about you, but I am not going to sit here and get my insurance f***** up because of a corrupt cop. I am 22 years old and living in California, insurance costs a lot more than for those living in other places.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #47
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
because the only way for the cop's story to be true is if I floored it and reached 80 in a 65. BTW my record has one ticket for going 7 over. Why would I just out of nowhere decide to floor my car that much over the limit?
It happens every day. Sometimes ya just gotta play.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #48
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
So, you weren't on it hard at all- just cruising at or below the speed limit and this cop decided to target you (most likely w/video) and victimize you? Or are you trying to get off on a technicality or bs "proof."
Old 06-30-2015, 02:10 PM   #49
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
For those of you saying pay the ticket...I don't know about you, but I am not going to sit here and get my insurance f***** up because of a corrupt cop. I am 22 years old and living in California, insurance costs a lot more than for those living in other places.
Well, then get a lawyer. Face it, you're in over your head on this. If you want to get anywhere against someone who writes tickets for living, you're gonna need the help of someone who defends against tickets for a living.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:14 PM   #50
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Well that answers a lot of questions right there ... You also must be a genesis, because you seem to know it all.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #51
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Well that answers a lot of questions right there ... You also must be a genesis, because you seem to know it all.
Hey now, no need to make generalizations about us youngins. OP, in all reality, half the people on here have said to go get a lawyer. If wrongly accused that would've been my first phone call, not jump on a forum and ask how to get rid of/disprove a ticket. At this point you have a ticket which will cost x amount and points on your license. I dont know about you but I would rather pay a lawyer a couple hundred and lose the points, than try to fight it with half-assed "i didnt do it math" and most likely lose.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:22 PM   #52
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
OP...

You asked if it was possible. You were given mathematical proof that it IS possible under the right conditions. Whether or not every condition was met in your case to make it possible is questionable, and good luck proving every condition in court. You just didn't want to hear that it was possible because you don't want the ticket. Here's something for you: Just because you don't want to believe it, doesn't make it false. There are WAY too many factors involved that simply cannot be 100% proven. You're not going to get out of the ticket no matter what you do unless you get a lawyer. I don't know what they cost in Cali, but here in Memphis, TN... $300 to a lawyer got me out of a 30mph OVER in a construction zone ticket. $300 well worth paying to keep it off my record. Even if, by some sheer .05% chance in hell you were to actually get it dismissed without a lawyer, you've still lost because not only will you still have to pay court cost, you will also more than likely have had to have several court dates (missing out on work days, losing even more money). By the time you add up court cost and lost profit for having to take off work, you probably could have already covered a good percentage of the cost of a lawyer, and you'd never even have to step into the court room. Work smart, not hard.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
Old 06-30-2015, 03:01 PM   #53
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Old 06-30-2015, 03:02 PM   #54
M0dnar
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Corvette 3LT with Z51
Holy shit... OP is so ****ing retarded his daddy should've just pulled out.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #55
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Look, maybe the OP is telling the truth. Maybe he wasn't speeding. Police are humans and sometimes humans make mistakes. OP, you're not going to get your ticket dismissed by arguing on this forum. Like you've been told 20 times, get a lawyer. Once more, here is a website endorsed by the Gumball Rally drivers...

http://www.berniesez.com/

Input your citation number and you will be contacted by several attorneys who are in the business of defending people like you. Lawyers who live in your area and, most likely, know the police and prosecutor on a first name basis. If there is any way possible to beat this ticket, they will know of it. You've either got to pay the fine and take the points, or pay a lawyer. That's how the system works. Sometimes life isn't fair. Good luck! Hope it all works out.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:17 PM   #56
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
so you are saying that the cop is say you were at 80 and you are saying 65?

Closed Thread