Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Ctrain24

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Dealer refusing to give me my order number

I ordered a Camaro on December 26. I asked my salesman for the order number, but he told me the plant would be closed over the holidays and he would email me the order number in mid January when the plant re-opens. Since I get my information from this forum, I already knew Oshawa was going to be shutdown over the holidays before visiting the dealer. So I didn't really bother my salesman about the order number. However, I've been calling and emailing him since January 12 and he's been giving me excuses. Today I got an email from him:

Hello Chris,

I spoke with the General Manager today.

He asked me to forward this credit application so he put all the paperwork together for our accounting deparment.

After they have everything in order he will give me your Order Number.

Please fill it out, sign the bottom and email or fax it back to me.

My fax number is below.

Sorry for all the nonsense.

I did not fill out the GMAC credit application when I ordered the car because I might try to get financing on my own. Why would the dealer not give me my order number without filling out a credit application first? If I sign it, am I giving them permission to check my credit whenever they want? Before everyone says go to another dealer, keep in mind I have msrp in writing and another member on this forum has ordered from the same dealership and has his order number.
Ctrain24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #2
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
They are going to make sure you qualify for a loan by checking with the credit bureaus. Telling them you will be getting outside financing might help.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
That is strange. Maybe policy is changing for that dealership as we near production? Just a thought.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
I would push back. Tell them that you already have financing (even if you don't) so filling that out will not be necessary. Or shoot, just tell them you'll be paying cash. At this stage in the game, there's no reason for them to need a credit app. I'm guessing you're on the younger side of things? Sounds like they're just trying to make sure you actually can afford the car. The plant has no affect on your order number. They get that number right when it gets put in the system so if it's been submitted, they should have it.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctrain24 View Post
I did not fill out the GMAC credit application when I ordered the car because I might try to get financing on my own. Why would the dealer not give me my order number without filling out a credit application first? If I sign it, am I giving them permission to check my credit whenever they want? Before everyone says go to another dealer, keep in mind I have msrp in writing and another member on this forum has ordered from the same dealership and has his order number.
I would worry about if the dealership has not put my "sold order" into the system. :( I ordered mine over the phone on 1/31, the dealer emailed me a copy of the "sold order" with order number within ten minutes.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
yea, they don't need a credit app to get an order number. They don't even need the plant to be open for that. It may in fact be that they are not taking you as a serious buyer and just want to make sure you could buy the car before they use up one of their very limited allocations on you...
Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #7
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
You may want to read this thread..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11193
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
1badss

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Send a message via AIM to 1badss
confirmation

if they dont give you your #soon i would go elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:b ow:
1badss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
That dealership is full of BS.. there are plenty of dealers willing to order for you and give you a price and order number on official dealer worksheet paper before you leave. You call him and tell him that tomorrow and if he gives you the run around again I would say ADIOS!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Can anyone give me an example of an order#??
I have one, but It may not be an official #.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #11
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Ok thats weird....

i haven't had to do anything with financing yet.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #12
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Can anyone give me an example of an order#??
I have one, but It may not be an official #.
It's 6 characters. Mine is all letters except one number.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
yea, they don't need a credit app to get an order number. They don't even need the plant to be open for that. It may in fact be that they are not taking you as a serious buyer and just want to make sure you could buy the car before they use up one of their very limited allocations on you...
I had thought that too until I realized that they could sell it with little problem.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Maybe you are really young or you don't look like you can afford it kinda thing. If you are gonna get outside financing anyways, go get it and fill out the paperwork. Who cares if you have to do it now or a bit later? Just cause you get approved for financing doesn't mean you have to take the money or start making payments at that time. I have had my financing in place for 6 months.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote