Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #99
Orangeshehot

Drives: 2010 RS 2006 HD RK Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Ok guys, I have been down with this before I even ordered my car, since TeccBoxx got his done first, NOW I have had it 2 1/2 weeks now and finally slowed down enough to get this done. I have talked to the girl (Pam) that actually does the embroidery twice. Its a GO, and my headrest covers are in a box and I am about to go to the post office. I was just trying to get a guess as to how long I will be without them. SO, for the guys that have already gotten this done, from the time you mailed them off, till you got them back......about how long???
so what color(s) are you getting. post pics please
Old 10-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #100
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Ok guys, I have been down with this before I even ordered my car, since TeccBoxx got his done first, NOW I have had it 2 1/2 weeks now and finally slowed down enough to get this done. I have talked to the girl (Pam) that actually does the embroidery twice. Its a GO, and my headrest covers are in a box and I am about to go to the post office. I was just trying to get a guess as to how long I will be without them. SO, for the guys that have already gotten this done, from the time you mailed them off, till you got them back......about how long???
We put a rush on them because we were going to the Springfield show, so kick in for the express postage if you want. But mine were gone about 10 days total. Pam is great, she will do it right. She will call you before she puts them on the machine to remind you that if a mistake is made, it's not like a T-shirt that can be started over. But, hey! That's what we have Camaro Scotty for, order new parts! I have no regrets, and peeps tell me it's the best mod I've done!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:26 PM   #101
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeshehot View Post
so what color(s) are you getting. post pics please
Mine will be the first IO Interior they have done, I had do the traditional colors to match the badging on the car. So red letters with silver edges.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #102
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
We put a rush on them because we were going to the Springfield show, so kick in for the express postage if you want. But mine were gone about 10 days total. Pam is great, she will do it right. She will call you before she puts them on the machine to remind you that if a mistake is made, it's not like a T-shirt that can be started over. But, hey! That's what we have Camaro Scotty for, order new parts! I have no regrets, and peeps tell me it's the best mod I've done!
YEP, it cost a whole nickel extra to go two day delivery, so they weill be there Saturday. and we already talked about the hazards of costom work in leather, I was well aware of that up front. She told mme she would call as soon as they arrive so I knew that go there. I can't wait to go back to the dealer and see my friend that works there....lol
Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #103
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Well the last post was thursday, now its wednesday. Of course the mail slowed everything down as it was columbus day, so they didn't get my headrests till Tuesday. I talked to Pam, the girl that actually does the embroidery, she had them in her hand when I was talking to her. so in a few days, they will be sitting on my doorstep when I get home.
Name:  Sir Nuke.jpg
Views: 2231
Size:  16.3 KB
Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #104
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i was going to do the same in June but was told that it might cause to much tension and mess up the stitching of the original leather or something like that, cant rmember what they said exactly because it was long ago....did they say that any problems can arise by doing this? I didnt think there could but they explained it pretty well. Will go around and get a second opinion
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:37 PM   #105
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
i was going to do the same in June but was told that it might cause to much tension and mess up the stitching of the original leather or something like that, cant rmember what they said exactly because it was long ago....did they say that any problems can arise by doing this? I didnt think there could but they explained it pretty well. Will go around and get a second opinion
Hiney1 did his own..Did you see it in Oshawa? I will be sending mine to him during the winter to get mine done..
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #106
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

a lot of people have had this done, and NO ONE that I know of has had any problems. Just find someone that does quality work, and know what they are doing with leather, and you will be fine. JUST DO IT! lol it looks awsome.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #107
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

I got the call today, Pam called and they are on the way back.....can't wait. I will post pictures when I get them and on, it will be the first IO ones I have seen done by anyone.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #108
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

THEY CAME IN!!!!!! It took a it to get them back on, but they came out GREAT!!!!!!

Name:  HEADREST2.JPG
Views: 2169
Size:  449.0 KB
Old 10-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #109
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Here's mine I got done. I think they look awesome.
Attached Images

CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #110
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Quote:
THEY CAME IN!!!!!! It took a it to get them back on, but they came out GREAT!!!!!!
OUTSTANDING Joe - congrats!
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #111
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
Corrected Headrest Part #s.

UPDATED - gmpartsdirect.com customer service emailed me on correcting the part#s for the plain leather and plain cloth headrests:

92240091 Leather headrest (Driver or Passenger side); black. List Price $64.64 each, Discounted Price $38.31 each

92240086 CLOTH headrest (Driver or Passenger side); black. List price $63.05 each , Discount Price $37.38 each.

Any other inquires eg for the IOM headrest you'll need to contact their customer service -customerservice@gmpartsdirect.com - with your VIN # if equipped with the IOM Accent Interior or another IOM member's VIN so they can look-up the correct part for that trim.

gmpartsdirect.com had originally indicated they were back-ordered but these came within two weeks of my order.

The headrests received were not just the covers but the entire headrest piece (Leather cover, molded form with posts) - amazing as the price either way was not expensive.

Once I get the 2nd corrected Leather headrest I'll be sending those off to get the RS done while keeping my original set on the car.
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:

Last edited by tjd24; 10-24-2009 at 07:17 AM.
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #112
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Im just wondering, will it be the same procedure to do the RS logo on the cloth material on my LT/RS? or will it mess up the cloth?

I would appriciate your advice.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote