Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #15
speedy_g

Drives: CAMARO RS V6
not the case with Hyundai genesis 2.0 and V6 I'm seeing turbo up grade kits out for there 2.0 claiming 400 HP and the V6 is the high model...support is all were missing right now!!
speedy_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #16
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
From what Im getting the idea of is GM made this v6 motor to the limit of what it is suppose do with not turbo or anything like that. So this car cant do much more safely with ad-dons.

You take most any v6 import motor and you can throw so many after market parts at it tune to DI it bla bla bla. what ever you want to do to it and make it a beast and something that is your won.

So off the shelf stock the v6 import motors are at the low end of there potential and the camaro motor is at the top end of its potential.

And the comments of imports have been making v6 motors longer, not really true, americans made the first v6 motor and inline 6 also, and even if that is true that they have been I bet there are some engineers from the import companies that now work for GM.

Personally I feel that GM made this car with the v6 not really able to be upgraded so it would boost the sales of the v8 cars for people that want to mod there car so they will get more people buying higher dollar cars.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by strauchpete View Post
From what Im getting the idea of is GM made this v6 motor to the limit of what it is suppose do with not turbo or anything like that. So this car cant do much more safely with ad-dons.
Where is this information coming from?
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Where is this information coming from?
It does seem strange that everyone is having trouble cracking the box, it's almost by design
Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #19
strauchpete
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Info comming from no one has done any upgrades and every company they trys to crack the box says the same thing. There is not much to be done GM pretty much gave everything when they built this.
strauchpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #20
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
I used to have an 06 MazdaSpeed 6 which had DI and a turbo. I wanted to mod that car as well but no one seemed to be interested at the time, as it wasn't a huge production car and even the people that did mod theirs or went with a bigger turbo, no one could get the tune right. I assume because of the DI engines, they are having a hard time getting the tune just right.
I know LPE has been working on their V6 car but the DI tune is tricky and they obviously want it right before they release anything. Last time I was their, a few months ago, they were swamped with some many vettes and camaros there that it is amazing they can work on anything new. I know they did a great job with my car and I am glad they are working on the V6, hopefully they will have it done sooner, than later. It would be nice to see some FI V6 power out there as well!!

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote