Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #323
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
This makes me love my car even more.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #324
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I'm having a tough time trying to figure out why so many V6, 5TH Gen owners are hating on the new refresh? I'm not writing this to offend anyone on here at all, but I feel that the standard V6 car, without the spoiler, the ones with the steelies, aren't anything pretty to look at. I would rather drive my 4th gen, ride my bicycle, ride the bus, than to own one of these cars. I can appreciate the fact that it is a Camaro, but I will personally never own a V6, 5TH Gen. It's a V8, SS car or go home for me! With that said, everyone, give the new refresh a chance, wait till you see it in person before you form an opinion? We all know what they say about opinions right?
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #325
thirdleft152

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS LS3 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SohnR View Post
I am so frustrated!!! I love the new 2014 Z/28 inside as far as the engine and new seat go. They ruin the outside though. And like these photos of the RS the front end looks kind and pretty (I think they are trying to appeal to women or something) instead of mean and sharp as it should be.
I was thinking of buying the 2014 Z/28 and putting the front and rear of the ZL1 (which look awesome). Now I just look at the Corvette7 site
http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291667
and saw the price of the Stingray base for $51,995! I am like hell... if the Z/28 is more then that... I think I going to pick the big brother this time.

It's only 50 or so hp less and the dam things looks amazing in Black as we have seen in the photos.
True that. But with the weight difference that 50 HP won't mean much. Plus those stingrays look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
The Camaro looked menacing, like a furry animal that eats Mustangs, now it looks like a prius that wants to look like a Camaro.

I hate to think anyone would prefer a musclecar to look 'sophisticated'. Thats what Corvettes and Lambo's are for.
I agree. I love the look of my camaro. I might form a different opinion once i see a 14' in person, but i'd rather have my camaro look like its about to eat something than more civilized. Its a muscle car for a reason.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #326
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hector95z View Post
everyone, give the new refresh a chance, wait till you see it in person before you form an opinion? We all know what they say about opinions right?
Give it a chance? Why it's fugly. When the first pics came out of our car it was love at first sight for most of us. I had that gotta have one feeling and was ordering one first chance I could. If this was that car, most Of us wouldn't have wanted one especially me. Chevrolet took a winner, a beautiful and tuff looking car and ruined it. Fingers crossed for the next gen.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #327
GAZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Not a fan! Sure am glad I've got a new 2013 in the garage!

Guess that's what makes it a wonderful thing to be living in these times...we've got choices!
GAZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #328
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
From a similar discussion:

I googled "69 Camaro images" and scrolled down, looking for pictures of the rear end of the cars. I can see and appreciate the inspiration for the new tail light design. Modern but still relatable to the iconic '69 Camaros.

I really like the look of the new Z/28. I think the new front and rear designs look a little wider and less tall, giving the refreshed 5th gen Camaro SS a more cohesive overall appearance. I do think the SS front end looks much better than the V6, though.

If everyone had the same design taste, then all cars would look like jelly beans, I guess.
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #329
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Resemblance?

Grandpa! We miss you! Please come home! All will be forgotten!
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #330
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The Z/28 looks great! Disregard the IROC decal.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #331
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
The new look of the 2014 Camaro just makes me want to

Whatever team of design engineers cam up with the rear end make me think the GM has gone again!

Not sure why GM didn't use this design for 2014 since it was already being used for European markets?

Name:  fbodfathercamaro2.jpg
Views: 2208
Size:  105.8 KB

Name:  fbodfathercamaro4.jpg
Views: 2122
Size:  75.0 KB

IMO this would've been a better option!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #332
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
The new look of the 2014 Camaro just makes me want to

Whatever team of design engineers cam up with the rear end make me think the GM has gone again!

Not sure why GM didn't use this design for 2014 since it was already being used for European markets?

Attachment 503764

Attachment 503765

IMO this would've been a better option!
YES! GM should ditch the 2014 rear and use this one!
This could easily be put on the 2014. I guess you'd only need the bumper cover and 2 tail lights as the rear quarters are the same. The lights would look great tinted with the whole concave area blacked out.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #333
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
maybe it will look better in some colors. seemed to look okay in white, and the crystal red looks better than grey imo
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #334
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
I'll stick with my 2012, TYVM.
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #335
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Give it a chance? Why it's fugly. When the first pics came out of our car it was love at first sight for most of us. I had that gotta have one feeling and was ordering one first chance I could. If this was that car, most Of us wouldn't have wanted one especially me. Chevrolet took a winner, a beautiful and tuff looking car and ruined it. Fingers crossed for the next gen.
I'm sure glad you told us your opinion for, what, the 8th or 9th time in this thread alone. We get it that some people don't like the changes. However, some are OK with it or are going to wait and get a close look. I understand that there are differences of opinion. What I don't understand is why the people on the negative side have to jump into every thread about the 2014 refresh, often multiple times, to repeat their opinion. I didn't like the 2010 from the back in the beginning and took a while to be OK with it and I wouldn't have a Camaro with a V6, but I'm not going to rag on the people who have one. It's still a Camaro and we're all GM/Camaro people. We just have different likes and dislikes. Someone above posted about them all being jelly beans if we liked the same things. That is right on the money. Step back and take a couple of deep breaths. You can just say you don't like it and we will respect that.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #336
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
It's still a Camaro and we're all GM/Camaro people.
not everone here is a Camaro person. some of them have owned challengers or mustangs.
probably were buying rustangs 12 years ago when the 4thgen was going under.