Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #155
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Talk to vince and look like we are shooting for the week of march 13th

Does anyone know if there's a way to adjust the hood latch mechanism up and down on our camaro?
Good news...and no idea lol.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #156
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Found out the hood latch can be adjusted

Can't wait myself either. I am already testing and running the tune but still anxious to see if any more can be improved once we get on the dyno. I always love reading your review prenger, and I will be looking forward to your review once more
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #157
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Great News !! My Birthday is March 15th so what a Great Present it would be !! Then go out and Raise some Hell !
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #158
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Found out the hood latch can be adjusted

Can't wait myself either. I am already testing and running the tune but still anxious to see if any more can be improved once we get on the dyno. I always love reading your review prenger, and I will be looking forward to your review once more
How does it feel with the new tune?
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #159
BigJake707
Resident Cynic

Drives: "Shakira" 2010 Camaro 1LT V6
As my good friend and secret agent, Sterling Archer would say, "It might be hard to drive with such a huge, throbbing erection!"

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Red Tapatalk
BigJake707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #160
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjarzabek009 View Post
How does it feel with the new tune?
Very noticeable torque from 2k to about 4500 rpm. There's also a noticeable change in exhaust tone, much more aggressive, I guess that's expected since the cam phase is pulling in more air. You can also hear the much stronger hiss if you have a long tube header. So far so good but not much more we can do until the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake707 View Post
As my good friend and secret agent, Sterling Archer would say, "It might be hard to drive with such a huge, throbbing erection!"

Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #161
BigJake707
Resident Cynic

Drives: "Shakira" 2010 Camaro 1LT V6
Sounds outstanding! I'm assuming this is a premium octane only tune as lower octane will negate certain aspects of the tune that net us the larger gains?

BigJake707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #162
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake707 View Post
Sounds outstanding! I'm assuming this is a premium octane only tune as lower octane will negate certain aspects of the tune that net us the larger gains?

Maybe or maybe not, but knowing the aspect of this tune I would do the highest octane you guys have available in your state. I always used nothing but premium since day one anyway. it's proven the kr is less active.

I'm sure we will know more once we see what happens on the dyno first
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #163
Macrackie

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS Stripper model
Bmorecam, what is the status of your last e85 tune. With the weather getting nicer out and premium prices over 4 bucks now e85 is really looking good. All I have is a kn intake soon to add blackiceolator and catch can. All I remember was some cold starting problems on ethanol?
Macrackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #164
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Sorry I have been swamped lately so forgive me if I missed a critical post, but it seems to me the tune is done and you are just waiting to dyno for results. Or will the dyno determine if there are still changes to be made. Sorry very tired hope that makes sense.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 PM   #165
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Sorry if this is a dumb question. What is all this chatting about? Is there some drastic changes coming for this tune?

I'm thinking of getting this tune some day, but not sure what this is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #166
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrackie View Post
Bmorecam, what is the status of your last e85 tune. With the weather getting nicer out and premium prices over 4 bucks now e85 is really looking good. All I have is a kn intake soon to add blackiceolator and catch can. All I remember was some cold starting problems on ethanol?
The e85 tune been running strong since last year. Unfortunately tho, there's no remedy for cold start issues except to just deal with it or just don't use it in winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Sorry I have been swamped lately so forgive me if I missed a critical post, but it seems to me the tune is done and you are just waiting to dyno for results. Or will the dyno determine if there are still changes to be made. Sorry very tired hope that makes sense.
Vince is going to be making some real time adjustment on the dyno and try different things and to see where we are currently away from the butt dyno. Still a little more to do but almost at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question. What is all this chatting about? Is there some drastic changes coming for this tune?

I'm thinking of getting this tune some day, but not sure what this is all about.

I wouldn't say it's a "drastic" change but vince is still at work making this tune worth every penny.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 PM   #167
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Thanks bmore!

Rangore if you don't have the tune already most that have it have really noticed the tune as of date, maybe the next tune isn't drastic for those who already have it, but if you just add the tune with both updates I think it will be more significant.

That being said I love the tune now so looking forward to any improvements. when I hear louder exhaust and more air flow I get excited.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #168
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
I've already blown my car budget so I'm thinking the wife might flip if I spring for a tune. I'm watching intently though.