Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #57
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Jay.. I went to the same dealer that did my PCM reprogram last winter and they did not help me much. All I got was an opcode from them. J6353 which means "reprogram PCM with updates"

I asked the service guy for the tsb number under which that work was done under and he goes "I don't know what TSB means". I am not sure if he was playing stupid or what.

Good luck with that compression test.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #58
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Here are the plugs. They all look the same. What does the tip tell you guys??

Ready to do the compression check.

mach, thanks for checking. Where does your rpm hang in cold start after the reflash?
Attached Images

bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #59
BigJake707
Resident Cynic

Drives: "Shakira" 2010 Camaro 1LT V6
Is vince showing any concern about possible correlation between the tune update beta testing or does he feel it's unrelated?

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Red Tapatalk
BigJake707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #60
Mach

As far as the cold start rpm goes... I haven't gotten one lately because the temps have been in the 60's everytime I started. But if I remember correctly it was around 1200 rpm during choke then it drops to around 600 rpm.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #61
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Number 2 and 3 seem to be very lean - this is using very old school plug reading rules of thumb, cold be normal for the LLT. Maybe you have a clogged number 2 injector?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #62
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Number 2 and 3 seem to be very lean - this is using very old school plug reading rules of thumb, cold be normal for the LLT. Maybe you have a clogged number 2 injector?
They look pretty normal to me.. But number 2 looks leaner then all the other plugs. It's the odd man out. I wonder if something is wrong there.

Maybe the experts can chime in...

Last edited by Mach; 03-12-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #63
bmorecam
Account Suspended

tracy said the plugs look good and compression test is not really going to tell me anything so I don't know what to think right now. I hope this was not just waste of my time

However, cr test came back fine. 129 on all cy except for 2 and 4 which was 120.

vince doesn't think anything really. I did ask about my cold start issue having anything to do with the new tune we been testing and his reply is no. He said the tables where is adjusted has nothing to do with the cold start. So I don't know. I have to give this some more though but for now I have to put my car back. I guess I will put the new iridium plugs in and see how it goes.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #64
Mach

Bemore.. Are you still going ahead with the Dyno on Wednesday?

Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #65
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
tracy said the plugs look good and compression test is not really going to tell me anything so I don't know what to think right now. I hope this was not just waste of my time

However, cr test came back fine. 129 on all cy except for 2 and 4 which was 120.

vince doesn't think anything really. I did ask about my cold start issue having anything to do with the new tune we been testing and his reply is no. He said the tables where is adjusted has nothing to do with the cold start. So I don't know. I have to give this some more though but for now I have to put my car back. I guess I will put the new iridium plugs in and see how it goes.
Did you do the cr test with the radiator cap off?
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #66
bmorecam
Account Suspended

mach...probably yes. just waiting for vince thoughts on this. Just changed the plugs to iridium and everything is good so far. tomorrow morning will be the true test, but I still have to figure out what caused what and why.

scrming...no radiator cap off.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #67
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
OK so it was probably around 40 degrees this morning, it dipped down into the 30s over night...when I started my car, no misfire or rough idling. Usually around this time is when the check engine light comes on. No light! Drove the car around all day today, still no light. Of course its going to be nice out this week, but it usually dips down into the 40s overnight which is still a cold start.

Ill keep you posted tomorrow morning after i start the car, but so far it looks like my injector was the culprit

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #68
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCO2185 View Post
OK so it was probably around 40 degrees this morning, it dipped down into the 30s over night...when I started my car, no misfire or rough idling. Usually around this time is when the check engine light comes on. No light! Drove the car around all day today, still no light. Of course its going to be nice out this week, but it usually dips down into the 40s overnight which is still a cold start.

Ill keep you posted tomorrow morning after i start the car, but so far it looks like my injector was the culprit
Was you getting misfire even when driving or just on cold start? Did you replace all 6 injectors?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #69
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
I'd clean the plugs and put them back in. I still believe it to be bad gas which will eventually clean itself out. Maybe they're switching the blends for you there in Baltimore and your station got some weird mix? Is it that time of year, yet?
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #70
bmorecam
Account Suspended

I really wish that's all it was paul, but it's one of those things where it just doesn't add up and your gut feeling tell you that it's really a slim chance that it might be bad gas.

I don't know, but I did change out the plugs while I was at it today with 6 brand new iridium plugs. I haven't had a misfire CEL since the temp been up but the idle was a little choppy still for the first morning start, I will know tomorrow morning if these new plugs did anything, but regardless, my car doesn't have any more problems other than those cold stat misfire so I'm about to stop letting this shyt stress me out and go about my day. I'll just take it day at a time and deal with whatever she decide to throw at me next.