Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
aron77

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
ported tb and black ice

How much do you think I'd gain in hp and gas mileage if I were to do both a ported tb and the black ice insulator?
aron77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #2
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
the PT does not give much if any HP gain, just helps throttle response and takes care of the dead spot our cars have.

Doing both should get you around 20HP.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #3
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
The best I've ever seen is 35mpg at a steady 60mph on flat highway. Check my mods below. That was with my original motor. My replacement which was brand new will only get about 29mpg in similar environment. Not sure what is up.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #4
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
the PT does not give much if any HP gain, just helps throttle response and takes care of the dead spot our cars have.

Doing both should get you around 20HP.
I've heard ppl talk about that dead spot and I can definatly feel a hesistation at the lower rpms on launch. Once it gets going it is great but I hate it when I want to take off quickly but not burn em off and it just doesn't launch like I want. The extra hp is always welcomed but that small hesitation at take off is what I'd like to address.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
aron77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
The best I've ever seen is 35mpg at a steady 60mph on flat highway. Check my mods below. That was with my original motor. My replacement which was brand new will only get about 29mpg in similar environment. Not sure what is up.
The best that I have ever seen is around 24 mpg but that didn't last. I drive 60 miles round trip to work everyday and it is mainly highway but I still only average just under 23 if I drive like a little old lady. When I get on it more than a little it drops to 21ish. I have a cai cai, only performance mod, and it helped but I'd like to see a better respsonse on take off and better mpg.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
BigJake707
Resident Cynic

Drives: "Shakira" 2010 Camaro 1LT V6
Anyone with these mods noticed a change in exhaust note? Id hate to lose the note I've spent so much money to achieve. Deeper/louder would be acceptable but quieter would be no bueno.

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Red Tapatalk
BigJake707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJake707 View Post
Anyone with these mods noticed a change in exhaust note? Id hate to lose the note I've spent so much money to achieve. Deeper/louder would be acceptable but quieter would be no bueno.

Sent from my MB860 using Xparent Red Tapatalk
Definitely not quieter...at least mine doesn't seem to be. Some people have noticed a change reporting more or a "trumpet" sound...but I really haven't noticed too much of a change.