Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #29
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry4nVan View Post
Called the dealership today. They told me that they understand that GM is allowing the discounts... however the General Manager will no not allow it anymore. I shook the mans hand on the deal October 13th, 2008. He waited until my order was pulled, and production starts on my Camaro next week to finally tell me that "No, we are not allowing discounts on the Camaro anymore"

I thought dealerships were struggling to stay a float?
That's why they are not giving discounts - why give you a discount if the guy behind you is willing to pay more?
We had a guy come in here and offer 10k above sticker to get to the top of the list.

There are a lot of people out there with the money willing to pay above sticker - So why give a discount?

You have no recourse without a signed P&S.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #30
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
I find it comical that people actually think that $5,000 off MSRP on a car that just came out (kind of) is going to happen from day one. I know, the economy blah blah blah, but really? We should all be happy that some dealers are only charging MSRP. I remember when the PT Cruiser came out it was taking like $10K over. Same with the VW Beetle. The Challengers were taking $20-$25K when they came out. Why is it that everyone gets angry when there's a premium on a car like this? Not that I would pay it or anything, but this is a hot car with very high demand, and Lord knows it's more important than the PT Cruiser, VW Beetle, or Challenger...Just my humble opinion.
THANK YOU - Another person who understands business.
For instance look at the Nissan GTR they are going way above MSRP, still after 1 year since they have been released.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP

Last edited by Rallyman6; 03-20-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:37 AM   #31
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
You won't be seeing that much until next summer at the earliest.

Also, the Credit Union discount isn't 4.5% off the price. It's the same price as the suppliers discount.
Forgive me if this has already been answered in another post, but do you have to go through certain credit unions to get the supplier discount or is it any credit union? And do you get the supplier discount by having financing through that credit union and then gm honors that credit union discount?

I'm so confused....a lot of this stuff is new to me. Any help guys?

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #32
jachevy28
Camaro. Is. Life.

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo19047 View Post
27 but we bought all the assets from a local dealer that closed. We also will get the car that they were going to get. We now have over 30 in the system sold. We have 3 for March and 7 in April not counting the 2 they are giving us.
Ah, wish I still lived in Bucks Co. Best I could do down here was a total allocation of 4. Nice to see Reedmans name again, lot of childhood memories over there...and where I got my first Camaro to get this whole thing started. Sorry for the tangent, I got nostalgic.
jachevy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 AM   #33
lrc250
480 HP 2010 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
GM Card Earnings

Has anyone called to see if the GM Card Earnings would be available on the Camaro? I checked online last night and the Camaro isn't showing up as an eligible vehicle. I would think they would allow at least $1,000 like the Corvette.
3300:4/18/09
3400 (broadcast)April 25, 2009
3800 (produced):May 4, 2009 #7470
4200 (Shipped): June 1, 2009
5000 (At Dealer) June 9,2009

374.9 rwhp & 371.7 rwtq - bone stock @ 85 deg.
lrc250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #34
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
27 but we bought all the assets from a local dealer that closed. We also will get the car that they were going to get. We now have over 30 in the system sold. We have 3 for March and 7 in April not counting the 2 they are giving us.
Stan,

What happened to the deposits that were left at the other dealer?

Did you or GM give credit to the customers in the event they lost their money to the dealer that went under?
Old 03-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #35
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Stan,

What happened to the deposits that were left at the other dealer?

Did you or GM give credit to the customers in the event they lost their money to the dealer that went under?
One did not take any because they knew what was going on.The other had 1 order we had our zone rep transfer it into our system.The other dealer called him and let him know what happened and gave him his deposit back. I used to work at the dealer so they sent the customer to me and we got it done. He ended up being around the 11th slot. It still shows the other dealer's stock number.
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #36
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
Anymore discounts or info you guys can share?!? Thinking about taking over a IBM 2ss at a dealership near my job in Michigan and he is taking any and every discount/rebate there is. So I need eveythimg you guys can give me before I go back up there Tuesday to take over somebody 2ss.

Thankss
DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #37
pmb1010

Drives: BMW
Quote:
You guys all know the pricing for this car is a fantastic value. The market will dictate when it is time to discount the Camaro. Many of these dealers are only getting a handfull of Camaros so they are going to try to get what they can for them. Some of the people who ordered the Camaro will not see theirs until summer. If you do not want to pay msrp you should just wait. Right now there is a long line willing to pay msrp. That can change anytime hopefully for GM it stays at msrp for a long time.
I don't see how the dealer selling at MSRP - or offering any of the GMS type discounts - makes any difference to GM. They get paid basically the same invoice price regardless.

Dealers not accepting GMS is only making people like me walk away from GM.
So yes you're right - we'll just have to wait. Some of those folks might by a competitor's vehicle in the meantime. That would be bad for GM.
pmb1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #38
espo19047

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb1010 View Post
I don't see how the dealer selling at MSRP - or offering any of the GMS type discounts - makes any difference to GM. They get paid basically the same invoice price regardless.

Dealers not accepting GMS is only making people like me walk away from GM.
So yes you're right - we'll just have to wait. Some of those folks might by a competitor's vehicle in the meantime. That would be bad for GM.
If we are selling cars at MSRP for a long time that would be great. That would mean there is plenty of interest in the car and it is selling well. Like I said earier this car is priced right and it is a great value at MSRP. Many people here are buying at MSRP and I have 36 orders at msrp at my dealership that tells me the car is priced right. If I want a Camaro at GMS I would be waiting with you too.

If you are GMS why would you walk away? Aren't you or a family member a GM employee? How many people would walk away if the first 3000 Camaros were sold to employees of GM and Dealerships?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 AM   #39
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrc250 View Post
Has anyone called to see if the GM Card Earnings would be available on the Camaro? I checked online last night and the Camaro isn't showing up as an eligible vehicle. I would think they would allow at least $1,000 like the Corvette.
I saw somewhere here from a GM rep that it would be a 1K allowance on the Camaro. I did a search for GM card a while back and found the email reply. I've got that on my card already and plan to apply it at the end of the transaction. Dealers have to honor it as far as I know.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #40
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
If we are selling cars at MSRP for a long time that would be great. That would mean there is plenty of interest in the car and it is selling well. Like I said earier this car is priced right and it is a great value at MSRP. Many people here are buying at MSRP and I have 36 orders at msrp at my dealership that tells me the car is priced right. If I want a Camaro at GMS I would be waiting with you too.

If you are GMS why would you walk away? Aren't you or a family member a GM employee? How many people would walk away if the first 3000 Camaros were sold to employees of GM and Dealerships?
I am getting mine at GMS and I know I am probably behind the five other orders that are sold at MSRP or above. That's fine with me; I know it will get built.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #41
espo19047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf20 View Post
I am getting mine at GMS and I know I am probably behind the five other orders that are sold at MSRP or above. That's fine with me; I know it will get built.
There are guys I work with who are waiting as well. I know none of them are going to buy something else.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #42
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
IMHO Dealers should honor the Employee discount from the start for qualifying people. The supplier discount should not be honored until a later date. The Employee discount should be honored because those people work/worked for GM and directly supported GM. It would be a nice way for dealers to recognize the effort those people put forth to make GM a good company and allowed the dealers to have something to sell. Not to mention that it was/is part of that employees compensation package. The small hit that dealers will take wont really effect them because most of the sales of this car will not be to GM employees. I would gather that about 13-15% of the total sales of this car will go to GM employees. The dealers would benefit by having more of these great cars out on the road where word of mouth can get out about where they were purchased. If it isnt honored then those same employee will be saying "Yeah I will get it as soon as the DEALER honors MY employee discount." or they might not say anything because the they wont have a car to trigger the conversation. It is a sad thing when greed takes over to the detriment of the greater whole. The numbers will should speak for themselves.
I would challenge any dealer to take their total sales for the last year or two and report them and then take the number of sales with GM employee discount sales (not supplier discount sales) of the same period and report them. Then take a look at what percent of the total sales were GM Employee sales. I would bet that the difference in the bottom line would not be enough to really hurt most dealers. In fact I would suggest that a great many of the Employee discounted sales would not have happened if they didnt get the discount and a few of the normals sales would not have happened either.

I can appreciate the dealers wanting to make as much money as they can but I feel that by not allowing qualified customers to have their Employee Discount it will be detrimental to their long term ability to make a great income and become a viable part of the community.

:-)