Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM   #15
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
yeah i know that feeling.....and it sucks...i call v6 version of muscle cars...the fakes
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #16
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
yeah i know that feeling.....and it sucks...i call v6 version of muscle cars...the fakes
I resent that... I've said this numerous times...but without what you call "the fakes" there would be no muscle cars! V6 Camaros are going to keep our V8 dreams alive...I don't just say that because I drive one...but because there are a lot of guys and girls out there that are proud to drive their Camaro muscle around...even if it's a V6!! It's muscle all the same...just smaller muscles...Just give a little please?

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #17
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I can't agree with you there...not everyone can afford the top model or has parents that can buy it for them etc, etc. I really don't want to take this off topic, but over the last EIGHT years (yes figure it out) people have this weird sense that because they can afford the best means they can talk down to others when they are truly interested in the same thing. Wealth isn't everything, especially when it has been taken away from half of the country.
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #18
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
The only bad part of the camaro bein cheaply available is some chick in the v6 version can pull up to you and say, "HEY.... WE HAVE THE SAME CAR!!!" mean while in your awesome v8 version you are like no, its not. thats why the gto was kinda kool
Well unless you think she will be ugly, I can't see why you are complaining that a chick might start a conversation with you...
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
I can't agree with you there...not everyone can afford the top model or has parents that can buy it for them etc, etc. I really don't want to take this off topic, but over the last EIGHT years (yes figure it out) people have this weird sense that because they can afford the best means they can talk down to others when they are truly interested in the same thing. Wealth isn't everything, especially when it has been taken away from half of the country.
Yep...no matter what displacement, it's still a Camaro and it's the person that loves the f-body. There's NO REASON to look down on a V6'er in any way. YOU might not buy one. BUT, like others have said, w/out the V6's, we WOULDN'T have our V8's. Theres 1000's of enthusiasts out there who can't afford the V8 and get into the V6...just like I did back in 2000. But that doesn't make the car anything less. It's just a more affordable, smaller engine.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #20
Italianwhiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
Well unless you think she will be ugly, I can't see why you are complaining that a chick might start a conversation with you...
I just laughed so hard at that one
Old 03-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #21
Italianwhiplash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
I resent that... I've said this numerous times...but without what you call "the fakes" there would be no muscle cars! V6 Camaros are going to keep our V8 dreams alive...I don't just say that because I drive one...but because there are a lot of guys and girls out there that are proud to drive their Camaro muscle around...even if it's a V6!! It's muscle all the same...just smaller muscles...Just give a little please?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #22
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Natives are gettin' restless without new news to chew on...

I'm dying for something new to discuss.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #23
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Natives are gettin' restless without new news to chew on...

I'm dying for something new to discuss.
+1

Come on Fbodfather, just a morsel would satisfy us for two weeks or more...
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #24
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
The fall seems so far away for this information. When are we getting some more spy photos or technical leaks for cryin' out loud?!
Nobody knows for sure (unless it's an official leak from GM or something )... but just make sure to keep checking this site for new news and pics that's what I do a few times a day

It's fun even if we don't get official info though because there's a few insiders on this forum (fbodfather, camero, etc..) that definitely help to deny some crazy rumors sometimes.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #25
JustinZS

Drives: waitin on 2010 !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
More spy photos will be released when . . . someone uploads them. We were hit with a barrage in January and February, and it kinda spoiled us. Now we are expecting new shots every few weeks. We should probalby see more stuff within a month, but that is a 100% guess
It's funny that a few days after you see this we get hit with a barrage of new pics and a glimpse at the SS It's come to the point where I almost expect some new shots or news on a daily basis on this site...

I'm hoping to see more of that SS car!
JustinZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 AM   #26
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
I think around October we'll start getting a ton of information..

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:23 AM   #27
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
It does make you kinda crazy waiting of "official" info. Im not even gonna be able to buy the damn car for bout 3 years realistically. But Im sure GM's gonna keep that info under wraps as long as possible. the whole organization has got theyre generic disclaimer " you wont be disappointed", "best in its class". So Im sure we wont get any numbers untill they show off the production model of the car.
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #28
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
It does make you kinda crazy waiting of "official" info. Im not even gonna be able to buy the damn car for bout 3 years realistically. But Im sure GM's gonna keep that info under wraps as long as possible. the whole organization has got theyre generic disclaimer " you wont be disappointed", "best in its class". So Im sure we wont get any numbers untill they show off the production model of the car.
Hey, you got 'bigger'. Your all grown up now, lol.
I hear ya on the who waiting game. I won't be picking mine up till '11 or so too.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote