Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-11-2009, 02:03 AM   #99
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Ok let me correct myself the plastics look cheap
i have to agree :/ especially the stuff around the gauges :/ but everything else

Last edited by diddiyo; 01-11-2009 at 02:19 AM.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #100
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Interior Pics =

Exterior Pics =

Overall Appeal =

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 AM   #101
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Beige/Gray need to be done the same IMO.

Beige is doors and seats and gray should be doors and seats.

Shoot..IOM is doors and seats. Gray is the only color that is going to get a gray headliner and carpet? Ugh...who thunk this up??
& thank God! i hate black interiors... this is my only escape!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 AM   #102
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The screen is slightly smaller than the space it fits in...It's production, I'm pretty sure. Not clear on the "why", though...
Hmm, I never noticed the one inch space above the screen before. It would seem like it should fill up the whole space or else it looks out of place or like a bad custom job. This is not that big a deal but now that I notice it, it could take away from the interior design..It's as if they built the actual screen electronics size before they designed what the dash would look like.. However we know this is not the case since the concept gauges look almost identical in shape and size..

And this is the camaro concept interior

Perhaps that little piece of silver plastic above would make the difference? Boy would I love to have that cool concept shifter ..

Last edited by Supermans; 01-11-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:50 AM   #103
TheCavalry
Here it comes

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS, '02 Lancer OZ
wow. i love that second set of pictures more than the first. this car looks amazing in low light. i can't wait to get my SS! I'll wait forever if i have to!

Ordered IBM 1SS 20" Polished Wheels

You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy? - Jason Kavanagh
TheCavalry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:53 AM   #104
JSkibisky

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
... the close-ups of some of the panels really shows, to good effect, some of the fits and the attention to detail... stylish, but clean and uncluttered. Now if only the show goers wouldn't scuff the door panels and sills !!

For the folks that have seen it in person... do the color accent panels in the door come off as shiny and hard? ... and do you think it would damage/scratch easily?
JSkibisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 AM   #105
StormRaven77

Drives: Audi A4 Cabriolet
Just came back from the show. Unfortunately they decided to lock up the car and wouldn't let anyone sit in it. No amount of sweet talk would change their minds. The exterior still looks very impressive.

Last edited by StormRaven77; 01-11-2009 at 04:57 PM.
StormRaven77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #106
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Remember this is an "Experimental" Pre production car.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #107
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkibisky View Post
... the close-ups of some of the panels really shows, to good effect, some of the fits and the attention to detail... stylish, but clean and uncluttered. Now if only the show goers wouldn't scuff the door panels and sills !!

For the folks that have seen it in person... do the color accent panels in the door come off as shiny and hard? ... and do you think it would damage/scratch easily?
Yes the interior panels do look shiney and hard, however I did not get the impression that they would scratch easily. I had the impression that they would be very easy to clean up, and that one might expect to see similar panels in a Jaguar, or BMW. I was impressed. My wife would have prefered that the door panels be leather, however I liked the hard shiney plastic. I thought it looked very modern.
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #108
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormRaven77 View Post
Just came back from the show. Unfortunately they decided to lock up the car and wouldn't let anyone sit in it. No amount of sweet talk would change their minds. The exterior still looks very impressive.
Wow i wouldve been so upset, i understand why they would lock it up, but still going in thinking that i finally get to sit in the car only to find out that i cant, realy sucks.
When i go to CIAS, im going to bring some extra cash just in case, might help me a bit, i hope the same security officer is there from last time, we had a long conversation last time, im sure he would help me out if he the ability to.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #109
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Hmm, I never noticed the one inch space above the screen before. It would seem like it should fill up the whole space or else it looks out of place or like a bad custom job. This is not that big a deal but now that I notice it, it could take away from the interior design..It's as if they built the actual screen electronics size before they designed what the dash would look like.. However we know this is not the case since the concept gauges look almost identical in shape and size..

And this is the camaro concept interior

Perhaps that little piece of silver plastic above would make the difference? Boy would I love to have that cool concept shifter ..
It'd be kinda cool if there was a small bowtie a little bigger than the one on the back of key FOB, with a dim gold LED behind it that would light up when the guages are lit. I never paid attention to that until you pointed it. Nice catch.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:24 AM   #110
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
I understand the logic of not letting anyone set in this vehicle due to the fact that is "still technically" not a production vehicle.

But damn i wanted to sit in this so bad just for the view.

As for the comments of people who were 5'7-5'9 having to slide down in their seat to see the window seems like an issue with the placement of the seat. Many people in the height range of 6'3-6'5 on this forum have stated they absolutely love how much head room they have in this vehicle...
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #111
Bruno

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
I bet this will be the most stunning Camaro color out in the sunlight. All we've seen are indoors pics but this color will POP under the sun!
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #112
timmy

Drives: 1968 Camaro Convertible
Smile

All in all I think the interior is pretty nice. I am not crazy about the square housing for the speedo, etc. but the first gen font on the RS is very well done.

But it's a Camaro...not Bentley...and for 25k you get 300 horsepower and some bells and whistles The car looks great and the designers have made a big effort to make it feel like a Camaro. It works well for me. Now if I could only fit my 3 kids in the back of a Imperial Blue convertible, we would be in business.
timmy is offline   Reply With Quote