Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should GM have done more to separate the '11 synergy from the '10
Yes - they should have changed the name on the color for '11 10 6.17%
Yes - they should have retired the color 69 42.59%
No - it was a limited edition had nothing to do with color 67 41.36%
I have no idea what you are talking about but wanted to respond to a poll anyway 16 9.88%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #29
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
They could release a Special Edition Black Camaro too and it wouldn't make much difference to me. Make the stitching black, the seats, the lights, drop a disco ball from the ceiling I could care less. It wouldn't detract from me having a black car, but it would give someone buying the Super Special Limited Edition something unique in that they get little things I don't have. Same applies to Synergy or any other color. Have a Limited Edition that has small extras, but offer the exterior color to anyone for any trim.

I guess I fail to see the issue here. The new Synergy cars aren't the same and wont be. The only similarity is the outside color. Which again, everyone looks at it as green. You could go to an aftermarket paint manufacturer and supply him with a sample and they could make Synergy. But what they're not doing is adding panels, lights, and stitching inside.

The options made it special, not the color.
I always thought the color and the options made it unique.
I'm willing to bet most people that bought it did so primarily for the color because it was not offered in any other model at the time.
KSCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #30
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
69% so far believe GM should have done more to protect the special edition status....
Old 08-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #31
SirPhobos1
STAY PUFT

Drives: Gone
I'm sorry, but when manufacturers like Scion create what they call "release series" models, they have a limited number of that package (ex - 2600 for any particular Release Series) and then no more. That's it. No paint carry over.

When SGM was made, it should've been done the same way. Some of us chose to give up options like an RS package for the Synergy Green SE only to have Chevy come out with it half a year later. The only real thing anyone is missing out of in a 2011 SG Camaro is the green stitching. You will be able to buy the door inserts aftermarket, get whatever stripe combo you want, and have the option of the RS package. It really makes the 2010 Special Edition not quite so special anymore.

It's just a huge annoyance, is all.

SirPhobos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #32
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhobos1 View Post
It's just a huge annoyance, is all.
A huge annoyance is exactly what it is.
Think of the people who bought 2010 Mustangs just a couple weeks before the 5.0 was announced, or some of the 2007 Corvette owners who found out 2008 would get the LS3.
That has to hurt just as much as finding out that your color is being re-run in the next model year, but it's part of the marketing game. GM has to appeal to the market, and since the demand was high enough, they'd have been stupid not to go with it.
Granted, they could have made a whole new color, but that would have cost a good amount of money to make it, and then it would have to be different enough to distinguish it from SGM, which could have hurt its appeal. Considering this is a company just recovering from bankruptcy, it was probably too dangerous a move to pull off.
In the end, what you really lost were bragging rights to a select few individuals. To a normal bystander out on the road, it's a new green Camaro, and that's all they're going to know. They won't know about the stitching, the inserts, the even special status of your package to begin with. Some people might know about the package, and kudos to them when they ask you about your car, but you should be happy with what you bought, and be happy that you were able to get something so nice and unique.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #33
formare
The Milano

I respectfully disagree - model progression and technology revisions are normal and part of the world we live in. Stating something is limited and special as a marketing campaign then reneging on that statement the following model year is very very different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
A huge annoyance is exactly what it is.
Think of the people who bought 2010 Mustangs just a couple weeks before the 5.0 was announced, or some of the 2007 Corvette owners who found out 2008 would get the LS3.
That has to hurt just as much as finding out that your color is being re-run in the next model year, but it's part of the marketing game. GM has to appeal to the market, and since the demand was high enough, they'd have been stupid not to go with it.
Granted, they could have made a whole new color, but that would have cost a good amount of money to make it, and then it would have to be different enough to distinguish it from SGM, which could have hurt its appeal. Considering this is a company just recovering from bankruptcy, it was probably too dangerous a move to pull off.
In the end, what you really lost were bragging rights to a select few individuals. To a normal bystander out on the road, it's a new green Camaro, and that's all they're going to know. They won't know about the stitching, the inserts, the even special status of your package to begin with. Some people might know about the package, and kudos to them when they ask you about your car, but you should be happy with what you bought, and be happy that you were able to get something so nice and unique.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #34
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
They should have offered it on the V8 in the first place. Don't get cause they corrected their mistake. But like has been said the 2010 is the only one to get the green stitching and the panels on the door wont be offered till later. So it's still special.

THIS.

They aren't selling a ton of those green ones anyway. It's still going to be a rare color.

I just got a new 2010 f150 for a DD. The 2011 f150s will have a new engine. Do i care? No. If I wanted to wait for an 11 I could have, and paid 6000 to 7500 more for it too. Model changes happen.

Just be happy that you have a Camaro, in a rare color. It is still a special order package. And in 50 years maybe that special order package will make your car worth a grand more than a regular 1lt.

OP, I don't understand what you are bent out of shape about. Just drive your car and enjoy it for what it is.....
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #35
formare
The Milano

Looks like a jury of my peers would be deadlocked in a trial to determine if an entity engaged in misleading and deceptive practices. Hmmmm. Seems the case would pivot around the notion that the paint color was the limited part of the edition.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #36
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
To the OP: It would be rather silly to be mad

It's like being mad that the next year's model of car gets a horsepower bump. GM sold a lot of green cars, so yeah they are gonna do it again. Going where the money is makes business sense.

And aside from the stitching, the 2010 special editions aren't that different cause now on 2011 2LTs and 2SSs, you can get green door panels. So I guess you 2010 guys do have limited edition green thread in your seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #37
1966goat

Drives: 2001 Trans Am WS6, 1966 GTO
Send a message via AIM to 1966goat
Your life sucks, green people. What you really should do is get rid of the camaro and go buy something truly rare like a pagani or bugatti. Problem solved, right?
1966goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
formare
The Milano

Sigh, why is the point always lost in the weeds? - I would not care if GM stated they were making 144,000 synergy editions over the next 3 years. What I care about is the lack of consistence in the marketing message fro GM. I've read some posts that stated gm is just out of bankruptcy so they should be able to say and do what ever sales cars. I strongly disagree.

America was built on our word as a promise un-compromised. What we said, we did, simple and true. If you believe the synergy edition was a limited edition based on the synergy paint then gm has proven its willingness to renege on its word. What other things have they said that we should simply consider marketing fodder that will sale cars today with no worry about tomorrow??

On the other hand if you believe the synergy edition was just some green color thread - I suppose you are wondering what all the typing is about...
Old 08-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #39
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
You want to know what I'm mad about?

I wanted my Camaro in SGM but I also wanted a V8. So I got a different color.

Now, GM is releasing the color for the V8 models.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #40
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
If you took all the SGM 2010 Camaro's and put them on one lot, you wouldn't feel so special. What I'm saying is, 2400 cars is actually a large run of special editions, compared to say 50 ZL1 69 Camaros, or 547 GNX Grand Nationals.

GM said they were offering a limited edition car which they did. I don't recall anywhere in the marketing where they said the color would be gone forever.

Anyhow, when you see one on the road, you know it's special, it looks like it has batteries attached to the paint job somehow to make it glow like that. They look awesome!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #41
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Well I guess the best way to sum it all up is it was a special edition. Not a limited edition. The cars didn't have a numbered plaque. So the only thing that limited it was the amount of people willing to settle for a non RS 1LT. It's still a nice car. I always liked the color.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #42
formare
The Milano

Thank you For the opinions one and all....

Last edited by formare; 08-23-2010 at 08:04 AM.
formare is offline   Reply With Quote