Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #15
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
Add a torque wrench and get a pipe to use as a breaker bar and you got a nice colllection.

FYI Craftsmen is made in China...but the guarantee is great.
SOME of Craftsman is made in China. This tool set is still USA. The Chinese tools should be called Crapsman.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #16
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
If you want to do any suspension work on these cars, it's worth getting larger sockets and wrenches than those sets have (things like 24mm deep and whatnot). I'd get a good breaker bar and pry bar set to go with it. After that, look into External torx sets, and regular torx sets as well...that and a few torque wrenches and you can do 90% of work to your car yourself.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #17
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
With craftsman tools you need the warranty as you will be using it all the time, ive broken a few ratchets had a few wrenches that spread as u tighten a bolt head and slip off the bolt had sockets crack, and other items that failed. if your going to buy tools even just for occaional use why not buy something that wont fail and you can even pass along to your kids or grandkids?, it sux now too as they just give you a "rebuild" kit! the screwdriver tips are abit soft as well , there are some things it wont matter but for the most part i dont buy them unless there is no choice.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
biggerisbetter
lll

Drives: 2010 camaro ss L99
dont let them scare you away op. this tool set will work perfect for you. add a set of screwdrivers, pliers, torque wrench, breaker bar, and pry bars and you will be set for most the things you will do. other things you need like that 24mm deep well socket you buy when you need it and you will get quite the collection going. also you may look into a set of gear wrenches as they are awesome in tight places.
DYNATECH LT 1 7/8 HEADERS, CATLESS MID PIPES, CORSA CATBACK, CAI. COLD AIR INTAKE w/ SCOOP, 1LE 3:91 GEARS, LETHAL RACING PROWLER CAM, LETHAL RACING DYNO TUNE, ENERGY CRADDLE BUSHING INSERTS, PADDLE SHIFTER RELOCATE KIT, 449RWHP/438TQ
APPEARANCE
COPO HOOD, ZL1 SPOILER, SLP BLACKOUT PANEL, PLASTI DIP WHEELS, HERITAGE GRILL, RETRO SS EMBLEMS, WEATHER TECH FLOOR MATS, ORANGE STITCHING
biggerisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
DR TOOLS

Drives: 2012 2ss 45th Anniversary
Craftsman "hand tools" are owned by Danaher Corp. Danaher also owns Matco tools. The hand tools are made in the same plant with the same dies, just different metallurgy. Not bad as a starter set for the $$..
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
tc Bosnian

Drives: 09 a4 1500 silverado 2010 2ss rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gr3dmachin3 View Post
Yeah, I heard other brands like Snap On is better quality, but as long as you get the lifetime guarantee with craftsman then I guess it doesn't really matter considering the price difference. My buddy has all craftsman tools and the quality seems good enough for what I'm looking for anyway.
i have some tools that are snap on and mac. but mainly my tools are craftsman and i never have issues. yeah time to time they break but thats why theres a lifetime warranty. its a nice start you got there, just dont get addicted to it. i worked in a shop 7 years ago and to this day i still buy tools. probably half of them ill never use but i cant help myself. i need to call tool addict help line lol

465 WHP and 445 torque.
tc Bosnian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #21
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I got neRly that same kit 12 years ago nd it hs been great. It looks like a few things have changed but it is a good starter kit, then you can add specific tools as ou need them.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote